GDT: Game 3: Columbus at Buffalo | 10/10 7PM EDT

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Great game tonight, but it leaves still leaves me wondering about the same pieces. Johansen, Wiz, Foligno, Umberger. I'm wondering when Jarmo is going to make a move, particularly on the blue line.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Great game tonight, but it leaves still leaves me wondering about the same pieces. Johansen, Wiz, Foligno, Umberger. I'm wondering when Jarmo is going to make a move, particularly on the blue line.

I'm not sure how much we'd miss Wiz if we traded him to upgrade the left wing.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You guys are too harsh.

Wiz was good tonight. The powerplay had good opportunities just didn't finish. RJ and Foligno were pretty good too. sometimes I feel people just look for things to complain about.

Absolutely no complaints tonight aside from leaving Vanek untouched and uncovered when Nikitin broke his stick, but it happens. Great win. On to Boston

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not sure how much we'd miss Wiz if we traded him to upgrade the left wing.

Our top-line left winger is a point a game so far.... Cam Atkinson.

We'd miss Wiz's offence, of that I have no doubt. If only the coach would use him right!

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008

One move will be to get Tyutin back and the pairings will be Johnson- Tyutin, Niki- Prout, Wiz- Murray/Savard, most likely.

bizzz*

Boston will be a little surly. They just got shut out at home by the Avs.

West just destroys Eastern teams this year. Even Calgary got easy win in Montreal.

The record for the Western teams with East is 26-14-5.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You guys are too harsh.

Wiz was good tonight. The powerplay had good opportunities just didn't finish. RJ and Foligno were pretty good too. sometimes I feel people just look for things to complain about.

Absolutely no complaints tonight aside from leaving Vanek untouched and uncovered when Nikitin broke his stick, but it happens. Great win. On to Boston

Ahem... that goal happened because a certain defenceman turned it over multiple times.. Guess who?!

Agreed though, I actually thought RJ and Foligno were awesome tonight.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Ahem... that goal happened because a certain defenceman turned it over multiple times.. Guess who?!

Agreed though, I actually thought RJ and Foligno were awesome tonight.

You mean because the forwards stayed on their shift too long? That entire line was tired, Wiz had no support. It's a team game. He was fine

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
And for what its worth, I thought the RJ-Joey-Foligno line was the most consistently good line tonight. Played sound in their own end, and got a goal. The Dubinsky line was great for two periods, but just meh in the third. Johansen keeps getting better.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What was really amusing was listening to the Buffalo feed and their announcers talking about all of the offensive talent we have.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
For me it isn't so much that the guys are bad, as it is their performance per dollar. Wiz is being paid too much to be a PPQB and 3rd pairing guy. Foligno and Umberger are both paid too much to be "third line" guys, while Johansen is simply frustrating in his slow development (particularly his lack of offensive skill).

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Count me in for trading Wizniewski for an upgrade at forward. Lol at blaming the line for being "tired". Your teammates being tired doesn't make up for handing the puck away at least once before stupidly chasing a guy in the corner which led to a goal. Wiz should know his d partner had no stick, if not, Nikitin should be screaming to let him know. Also, what offense exactly is Wizniewski providing? He isn't dominating any kind of form of offense. Not power play not even strength not nothing. Before I come off as a complete Wiz hater, I actually do like the guy. I just wish he was better, especially for what he gets paid. We have a log jam of capable defensemen that actually can play defense well. Ship Wiz for a bag of friggin pucks, he'll never come close to 50 pts again in a season. Sure overall he looked "pretty good" besides that one mistake but we just played the Sabres in a game we probably could of won 6-1 if we kept up our tempo. Whenever we play teams with any level of speed and skill combined, Wizs lack of defense appears. We can't compete long term with the minutes he is getting. I hope Keks shares my thoughts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad