GDT: Game 3: Columbus at Buffalo | 10/10 7PM EDT

skimp

Dec 19, 2006
So a hypothetical situation.

Boone Jenner/Ryan Murray has a 4 goal game, and the stupid Canadian media decides to blow it out of proportion. Which veteran on the team would say to Portzline that they'd whip out their pet rooster if they scored 4 goals?

Answer that question and I think we know who our new captain should be.

Don't let this get buried in a GDT. It deserves its own thread with a poll and everything.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So a hypothetical situation.

Boone Jenner/Ryan Murray has a 4 goal game, and the stupid Canadian media decides to blow it out of proportion. Which veteran on the team would say to Portzline that they'd whip out their pet rooster if they scored 4 goals?

Answer that question and I think we know who our new captain should be.

Wiz, maybe Johansen.

I actually don't know the guys' sense of humor so well. Who knew Jumbo Joe was so funny?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The guys are looking to pass too much on the PP. Our puck movement is a bit faster on the PP tonight, which is good, but what good is it if no one wants to rip it.

The Sabres have finally figured out how to stop the rout from getting worse.... put the Jackets on the powerplay.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
The guys are looking to pass too much on the PP. Our puck movement is a bit faster on the PP tonight, which is good, but what good is it if no one wants to rip it.

The Sabres have finally figured out how to stop the rout from getting worse.... put the Jackets on the powerplay.

Good one.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Agree. It seems as though they're looking for the fancy goal. Also the three goal lead has made them take their foot off the gas.

Is this the new fad in hockey? It doesn't matter what level or what team, it seems like everybody is trying to get an absolutely perfectly clean look at goal when they are on a power play.

This is a prime example of perfect getting in the way of good.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Is this the new thing in hockey. It doesn't matter what level or what team, it seems like everybody is trying to get an absolutely perfect clean look at goal when they are on a power play.

This is a prime example of perfect getting in the way of good.

Take Foligno as an example. He stickhandles through whole teams... doesn't score. He whacks the puck towards the crease... scores.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Take Foligno as an example. He stickhandles through whole teams... doesn't score. He whacks the puck towards the crease... scores.

Exactly, I think this whole "basketball on ice" direction the NHL is trying to take the game definitely has its limits. Hockey will always be more of a tough physical game than one of finesse.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Exactly, I think this whole "basketball on ice" direction the NHL is trying to take the game definitely has its limits. Hockey will always be more of a tough physical game than one of finesse.

Unless you're the Blackhawks. Most goals are of the dirty variety anymore, so more shots on the PP creating rebound goals, will be fine with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad