Pre-Game Talk: GAME #3 - Canucks vs. Flames - Jordan Schroeder's First NHL Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Flames were down 3-0 in the first, but they tie it up. We better win tomorrow, not so much that I'm worried, but I am sick of everyone bugging me about our "window being over."

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
calgary looked good first period, than they looked their usual self after that against the sharks. same old crappy team- should be a win

Your quite confident in our team, first edmonton sucks we should win, calgary same old crappy team.

Calgary gives us trouble, and i think they were even against us last year.

I do hope we win in dominating fashion, and flames are my most hated team, but i would not call them crappy. They are capable of beating us so they cant be crappy.

Lundface*

Flames were down 3-0 in the first, but they tie it up. We better win tomorrow, not so much that I'm worried, but I am sick of everyone bugging me about our "window being over."

Why does that bug you? How open was LA's window last season?

Team just needs to get healthy first, then start playing well. If they get healthy and stay healthy, they can go toe to toe with any team.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Philadelphia took a year off to recover a few back....worked out decently for them. I'd rather suck out loud for a 48 game season with two of our top 5 forwards hurt and a goaltending controversy (allegedly...:facepalm:) with this draft, then suck out loud with a healthy roster for a full season.

I mean I'd rather just straight up sweep the next 62 games, but let's be realistic here:sarcasm:

4-3 Flames sans Shredder, 5-4 with him. Calgary looks hungrier than we do.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah I noticed Ballards eye. I want Ebbett gone. AV we want SCHOREDER!!! SCHOROEDER!!!!!! SCHROEDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard/Barker-Tanev

Schneider

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Only two games down and the hate for Ebbett on these boards is already reaching epic levels.

Watching Ebbett play in the top six makes one reminisce for the days of Aaron Rome playing in the top four.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Yeah I noticed Ballards eye. I want Ebbett gone. AV we want SCHOREDER!!! SCHOROEDER!!!!!! SCHROEDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard/Barker-Tanev

Schneider

That's exactly how I'd want to see it. Although without Barker there. Unless we're up by like 5 or something.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Surprised no one's said it yet - I think Mason Raymond gets on the board in this game, and not just because he'll be paired with Schroeder.

24GP, 8G, 8A, 16Pts vs. Calgary

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Surprised no one's said it yet - I think Mason Raymond gets on the board in this game, and not just because he'll be paired with Schroeder.

24GP, 8G, 8A, 16Pts vs. Calgary

I'll never forget one of those two hat tricks he had against them. He was practically sitting back down on the bench when he realized that the puck he just lobbed towards the net went in. :laugh:

Calgary area kid; I'd take their 2nd round, 31st-35th overall pick for him.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Hunger strike eh? Anybody got a good fish broth recipe?

7818845.bin

She's bound to have a good one. Probably guzzles a gallon of it every two hours or so.

Last edited:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Congrats to Shredder for this being the first NHL game he'll play in. Two tips to prepare yourself, kid: look both ways before crossing the street (learn from Sauve)...and don't do what Ebbett did.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
jordan_schroeder_van_092811.jpg

Go, Schroeder, Go! Can't wait to see him play his first NHL game.

IIRC, Cory Schneider played in his first NHL game against the Flames as well, did he not?

Also -

Vancouver Canucks‏@VanCanucks

We've been told that Jordan Schroeder will wear #45.
Expand Reply
Retweet
Favorite
More

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Some more Canucks vs. Flames Stats...

Daniel Sedin - 66GP, 24G, 42A, 66Pts
Henrik Sedin - 68GP, 11G, 47A, 58Pts
Kevin Bieksa - 38GP, 7G, 13A, 20Pts
Alexander Edler - 31GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Sad I won't be seeing Schroeder's first game live, but I will turn off all forms of social media and hide in a cave until I get home and watch it on PVR.

Catch

Feb 7, 2012

My lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard/Barker-Tanev

Schneider

Great lineup. That second line should give the Flames some headaches. Raymond plays well against the flames, speed always burns them.
If Shredds can get a point or 2, the media will blow this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad