Pre-Game Talk: GAME #3 - Canucks vs. Flames - Jordan Schroeder's First NHL Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Bennett*

These kind of sites are so dumb.

So dumb that they're useful?

Anyway, upon the statements by two Canuck fans (although one is probably an Avs sympathizer), I've booked in Kassian and Raymond scoring now, making the game a 6-2 Canucks victory...

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Happy to see AV reward Kassian for his idiotic decision to fight Eager when the Sedins were out vs the Oilers 4th line. And people wonder why the Canucks are undisciplined...

craigcaulks*

Happy to see AV reward Kassian for his idiotic decision to fight Eager when the Sedins were out vs the Oilers 4th line. And people wonder why the Canucks are undisciplined...

Is this really where we are going?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

gonna go out on a limb and say it was because he had lots if chances and got a goal :D

craigcaulks*

Bingo. Eager had also taken a run at Daniel earlier and nearly put him in our bench - guranteed that was on Kassian's mind when he obliged Eager's face with his fist.

EDIT: I would further gurantee that AV was very happy with it.

Add to that Kassian took a late run at Hall.

Too many fans trying to think too hard about the game.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I really like that AV is trying some different things here. Kassian, Weise, and Schroeder all deserve these bumps. Burrows and Lapierre haven't shown anything.

It really seems like merit-based moves with no veteran preference.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Bingo. Eager had also taken a run at Daniel earlier and nearly put him in our bench - guranteed that was on Kassian's mind when he obliged Eager's face with his fist.

EDIT: I would further gurantee that AV was very happy with it.

Yeah there's a little blurb from him in the Province about it actually :) Also apparently Eager missed practice the next day with face swelling :D

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Think I would have preferred

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen/Kassian
Raymond-Shroeder-Kassian/Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Burrows
Weise-Malhotra-Volpatti

Just because I don't have faith in Weise in a top 6 role and I don't see Burrows doing well at center. But I will save further criticism until after the game. At this point I am just happy Schroeder is getting a shot!!

Bertie

Jan 20, 2013
AV said Schroeder with Raymond and Weise did he not?

so is it

Sedins and Kassian

Raymond Schroeder Weise

Burrows Higgins Hansen

Volpatti Malhotra Lapierre

Last edited:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It's not a 2nd line or a Top 6 role. They're going to play sheltered minutes with roughly 3rd/4th line ice-time. Higgins - Burrows - Hansen is the 2nd line.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
It's not a 2nd line or a Top 6 role. They're going to play sheltered minutes with roughly 3rd/4th line ice-time. Higgins - Burrows - Hansen is the 2nd line.

Honestly, the only qualm I have with that line is I'd rather switch Higgins for Burrows as Higgy at least has some relavent C experience and Burrowns is actually a natural LW.

But eh, that's a pretty minor complaint.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Well, one of these teams is going to be 0-3 by the end of the game. It better not be us.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
AV said Schroeder with Raymond and Weise did he not?

so is it

Sedins and Kassian

Raymond Schroeder Weise

Burrows Higgins Hansen

Volpatti Malhotra Lapierre

Burrows - Higgins - Hansen could be a heck of a 3rd line (when Kesler and Booth return) if one of them was comfortable playing center.

But as of right now, gotta think that the Raymond - Schroeder - Weise line will be given bottom-6 minutes.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I'm not saying Kassian didn't have a good game, but the indications from all the media that AV loved Kassian's fight are baffling. Well, they're not, because AV appears to have a blind spot for dumb undisciplined stuff if it's rugged, but I'm sure people get my meaning.

2-2 game, Sedins are out there against an awful 4th line with 6 minutes left, and you fight a useless plug? Why? There's a difference between standing up for your teammates when it's the right time and whatever that was. Kassian was one of the better forwards on the ice and he took himself and his elite linemates off it (vs sub-standard NHLers) with the game on the line to settle a nothing score.

Just stupid. Like when Iginla used to get in dumb, pointless fights all the time. I just think they should be in Kassian's ear trying to focus his energy in the right direction, but everyone else seems to be on the "Ignite The Team" bandwagon :laugh:

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I can see it now, genius coaching by AV!

Weise is going to skate out and crash into the boards face first while at the exact same time Raymond falls and slides all over the ice. The Flames will be so distracted by the stupidity of Schroeders line mates he'll be left all by himself and he'll score an easy goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad