Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Blues @ Chicago - MON 04/21/2014 7:30 PM (Mod warning post 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
And this exactly why I never fly from Chicago to St. Louis anymore. The pressure changes are bad enough on the ear, but cruising at altutude for a few minutes and then descending again is no good for anyone's ears or their blood gas levels.
Absolutely agree. The only reason I was flying that route was because it was the first leg of the overall flight on my way to St. Petersburg, Russia.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
It's such BS that Hawks fans are blaming the Blues for the way the Hawks are playing. "Blues have been taking liberties so Hawks are forced to play this way" I haven't seen one dirty play by a Blues player yet, but double digits from the Hawks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gullibull

Oct 18, 2011
Read the Hawks board, but do post, seriously don't ******* post, but just get an idea for their knowledgeable posters and their dumb ones. It will do everyone a lot of good if we know who can have a reasonable discussion and who to ignore. There suspension thread clearly displays the difference amongst their posters.

I never realized how much Hawks fans absolutely HATE Backes. I guess that Tabes beatdown really got in their heads and never left.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hopefully Berglund is back soon, good to hear he's feeling better.

If we can get him back, I feel fully confident we can win 2 more games against the 'Hawks even without Backes. Go out there and lay it all on the line and win it for him and make Seabrook feel awful for costing his team.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
With the fact that we were in this exact position last year I think game 3 will be the biggest game of this series (other than a game 7 obviously)

The Hawks have a chance to make some noise in their barn and we have a chance to shut them up. So each team stands a lot to gain here.

It's a shame I have to work for game 3 AND 4 so I'll be getting phone updates. Sucks.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not to put a damper on your optimisim, but we aren't winning a cup without Backes. We'd have to play a few good teams without our most important defensive forward. We have a decent chance to still finish Chicago, but after that is a toss up. I surely don't see us beating Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, San Jose or the Ducks without Backes. On top of that, Berglund is probably a non factor, the guy is already the world biggest cha cha and he is coming back from injury, I don't believe he can be successful or be effective in the playoffs. He was rarely willing to put his body through player before, coming off this injury he'll be to scared to hit anyone.
Completely false.

But hey even though we're up 2-0 it's great to see the negativity has returned. Nobody knows anything about Backes, I'm getting ****ing tired of already seeing the posts about how "we won't see him until next season so we're done." Stupid as ****.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
With the fact that we were in this exact position last year I think game 3 will be the biggest game of this series (other than a game 7 obviously)

The Hawks have a chance to make some noise in their barn and we have a chance to shut them up. So each team stands a lot to gain here.

It's a shame I have to work for game 3 AND 4 so I'll be getting phone updates. Sucks.

Eh, I think it will play out similarly to last season when Game 4 will be the most significant game of the series. I would be shocked if the Blues win tomorrow. Chicago is going to win a game in this series. Let's be honest. The series against LA was lost in the 3rd period of Game 4, not Game 3.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
My hope is that maybe it's like Brayden Schenn when he didn't miss anytime after having the similar collapse, get up, and collapse again aftermath when he got smoked by Wilson.
Yep, and this is a plausible hope.

I hate to say it but the people on this board act like concussion experts and it's annoying. I don't know anything about them, but I do know based on watching hockey that the reaction of the player immediately after the hit really doesn't signify the significance of the injury long-term. Perron was apparently fine after he got hit by Thornton and look how much time he missed. I've seen similar hits to Seabrook's where players were woozy and they came back quicker. You just don't know. So there's no point in assuming the worst.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Yep, and this is a plausible hope.

I hate to say it but the people on this board act like concussion experts and it's annoying. I don't know anything about them, but I do know based on watching hockey that the reaction of the player immediately after the hit really doesn't signify the significance of the injury long-term. Perron was apparently fine after he got hit by Thornton and look how much time he missed. I've seen similar hits to Seabrook's where players were woozy and they came back quicker. You just don't know. So there's no point in assuming the worst.

Backes looked woozy earlier in the season when he got hit against Ottawa and came back fairly quickly. Second one in a couple months might be a little more difficult though.

Even if Backes is out for this round and into next round, Blues played fine with him out last time. They can do it again. It's not like Backes was extremely effective in these two games, he was getting rocked all over the place and wasn't much of a factor.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
I understand that emotions are running high. But please remember; wishing illness or injury on anyone is not permissible. So cut that out right now. Same goes for circumventing the profanity filter.

Thank you.

Well, I guess I have nothing to contribute here then.

So I had some random thoughts to share though.

My first thought is to just say I like Picasso paintings. They're very expressionistic, and I think they reveal a true inner character to the subject.

In a totally, entirely, and completely unrelated observation, I think Toews' face looks goofy as-is. It could use improvements. Maybe some plastic surgery?

And for a third completely random and unrelated thought, Ryan Reaves doesn't really score a lot. I wonder what other uses his stick could be put to. Perhaps looking to deflect pucks or something? I dunno. We're going to have to think real hard on this one.

And in a fourth completely unrelated note, my Pastor today ended his sermon with a quote from Exodus 21:24. It seemed like a weird way to end a sermon on Easter Sunday, but I dunno, such is life.

And in a 5th completely unrelated thought... I like ice cream.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Well, I guess I have nothing to contribute here then.

So I had some random thoughts to share though.

My first thought is to just say I like Picasso paintings. They're very expressionistic, and I think they reveal a true inner character to the subject.

In a totally, entirely, and completely unrelated observation, I think Toews' face looks goofy as-is. It could use improvements. Maybe some plastic surgery?

And for a third completely random and unrelated thought, Ryan Reaves doesn't really score a lot. I wonder what other uses his stick could be put to. Perhaps looking to deflect pucks or something? I dunno. We're going to have to think real hard on this one.

And in a fourth completely unrelated note, my Pastor today ended his sermon with a quote from Exodus 21:24. It seemed like a weird way to end a sermon on Easter Sunday, but I dunno, such is life.

And in a 5th completely unrelated thought... I like ice cream.

Ah I dunno, I think Keith is pretty ugly. I remember a few years ago he took a puck in the mouth and had to get new teeth. I don't really think they're working for him. I've heard Reaves went to dentistry school though? Maybe he could help him out with that.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Ah I dunno, I think Keith is pretty ugly. I remember a few years ago he took a puck in the mouth and had to get new teeth. I don't really think they're working for him. I've heard Reaves went to dentistry school though? Maybe he could help him out with that.

That's a really odd coincidence! And so very unfortunate to hear about Keith's mishap. Poor guy. I wouldn't wish ill on anyone! I'm sure Reaves would understand and probably give him a free examination.

I heard a rumor that he uses some unorthodox tools though.

Last edited:

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003

And what a stand-up guy Happy Gilmore is, trying to help Shooter McGavin look for the bits of his broken beer bottle. What a stand up hockey player. You can even tell that he doesn't like Shooter a little, but he's such a good Samaritan, offering to gather pieces of Shooter's bottle.

Last edited:

dadbiondo

Apr 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
48808599.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad