GDT: Game 3-Blue Jackets-Coyotes: Today at 8 PM

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tonight seems like a logical point in the season fir us to give Smith the night off and Barbs starting.

I might be wrong though.

I wouldn't let a guy like Smith stew on those losses. Only going to make things worse. The team also plays differently with Barbs in net. Need to get them going with the starter.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Who are playing on your first PP unit on D for you guys? Ive Ekman Larsson in my fantasy pool and wonder if he is playing first PP unit.. thx

Ekman-Larsson is our 1st PP unit. If we decide to roll 2 D-men on the line, it is usually either OEL/Yandle or OEL/Michalek (from what I recall during first 2 games).

Can anyone else help out on this one? Later in the season as PP establishes itself, we usually have 1 Dman (didn't hurt that Whitney was so good with the puck). Until we find ourselves, I think we have 2 D on the point, but that could change...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Tonight seems like a logical point in the season for us to give Smith the night off and Barbs starting.

I might be wrong though.

I don't know, had 2 days off. Smith always plays well with rest. I would save LOL for when we have a back to back. Smith is a gamer, and he will want to prove himself and his teammates. He'll be strong tonight I feel. I'm sure Tippet laid into the team yesterday at practice, and the mistakes SHOULD be much less than they have been the past 2 games.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Im gonna pray to every which GOD there is, that Boedker pot's one today...

Out of the Danes in the NHL only Hansen and Larsen have done good...

WE NEED BOEDKER TO STEP UP!!!! :D

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Who are playing on your first PP unit on D for you guys? Ive Ekman Larsson in my fantasy pool and wonder if he is playing first PP unit.. thx

I believe in game 1 OEL/Rundblad were on the point and Yandle/DeMo were the 2nd unit, but in game 2 OEL/Yandle were top pairing and DeMo/Schlemko were on the second unit.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Im gonna pray to every which GOD there is, that Boedker pot's one today...

Out of the Danes in the NHL only Hansen and Larsen have done good...

WE NEED BOEDKER TO STEP UP!!!! :D
He had a hell of a playoffs, but I see what you mean.

If Boedker doesn't break out this year (I think he will), Maloney will need to think long and hard about the future of this franchise. Even if were to have a great year, I would really consider moving Yandle or OEL for a young top-end forward.

On paper, I really like our team. We obviously don't have a bunch of skill, but we do have a lot of depth.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I would think long and hard about moving Yandle or OEL for a young top-end forward.

There are very, very few players I'd even consider moving OEL for. He is so effortless out there that it looks like childs play. He can go into a corner against 2 or 3 guys, say "this is mine" and just float out with the puck. He is on a completely different level than the rest of the team, and he's only 21. I rolled my eyes at the Lidstrom comparisons but we are watching it unfold right in front of us. Once he gets out of his dazed-and-confused young swede stage, watch out. He has all the talent and tools necessary to be a perennial Norris contender. You can go many drafts hoping for a kid this good.

I would trade Yandle without thinking much about it. He is a great guy, but he is so schizophrenic out there that it's hard to imagine him being captain or a franchise player. If you could get Ryan O'Reilly+ for him, you should consider it. I agree with hbk that this team doesn't have room for both Yandle and Rundblad, and I don't think Yandle has the skillset or consistency to be the #1 guy. I don't favor Runbdlad in that comparison at all, but rather think the return would be a huge shot in the arm for this team.

Having said that, he will probably have a monster game and remind us all why we, in the end, love having him.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He had a hell of a playoffs, but I see what you mean.

If Boedker doesn't break out this year (I think he will), Maloney will need to think long and hard about the future of this franchise. Even if were to have a great year, I would really consider moving Yandle or OEL for a young top-end forward.

On paper, I really like our team. We obviously don't have a bunch of skill, but we do have a lot of depth.

That's true, im to scared to think he will :) Don't wanna jinx it, always had high hopes for Boedker :)

Oh, they could bring in some real talent, love both of em...

I like the yotes, always have for some reason, heres hoping you'll have a nother succesfull season :D

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Any streams? Even though I'm about 7 hours away from Columbus, and just as close to Nashville and Washington and much closer to Raleigh I get Columbus games blacked out. There is also no regional network that plays the Blue Jackets for me.

The way they determine the markets is so stupid.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
Any streams? Even though I'm about 7 hours away from Columbus, and just as close to Nashville and Washington and much closer to Raleigh I get Columbus games blacked out. There is also no regional network that plays the Blue Jackets for me.

The way they determine the markets is so stupid.

1vFRum5.jpg

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Woooo, I love having season ticket connections. Row 104, Row D is where I'll B! Let's go Coyotes. Just hammered out a run at the gym of epic proportions because my adrenaline is already rushing!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Look who is there

Probably enjoying all the empty sections. Seriously, this is impossible to defend. I know it's a weeknight and the Jackets, but entire sections are empty in the lower bowl.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@phoenixcoyotes: FYI - #Coyotes forward Martin Hanzal and defenseman Rostislav Klesla are out tonight because of lower-body injuries. Both are day-to-day."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00