GDT: Game 3: Avalanche vs Flames | 8 PM MT | April 15, 2019 | World of Possibilities

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
If you tune into the Avs' feed he will be the PbP now. Didn't really search, but I'm sure there are a ton of examples.

The worst part of Moser has to be the begging for every single little call for the Avs, then blowing off any Avs penalty... so annoying...

And every Aves save is a save while for the other goalie, the puck "hits" their shoulder or pad like it was some kind of fluke.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Moser and Jack Edwards cover one team, with mostly their own fans watching. Sportsnet covers multiple teams with an entire country watching, and some Americans as well. Cassie Cambell doesn't have to cover the team her husband is AGM for. She can cover another series.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Being a homer for local broadcasts where you're being paid by the team can be annoying but I get it. My issues with Moser are more so with all the mistakes he makes. He often doesn't know what's going on or what's being called and has to be corrected by McNab. For example, there are times when he'll say "that's an icing" and then when it's not, he'll say something like "the linesman waived it off" when he clearly didn't because it was never icing to begin with. He gets penalties wrong all the time as well. Nothing big but it just happens so often.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Being a homer for local broadcasts where you're being paid by the team can be annoying but I get it. My issues with Moser are more so with all the mistakes he makes. He often doesn't know what's going on or what's being called and has to be corrected by McNab. For example, there are times when he'll say "that's an icing" and then when it's not, he'll say something like "the linesman waived it off" when he clearly didn't because it was never icing to begin with. He gets penalties wrong all the time as well. Nothing big but it just happens so often.

Also annoying... I also fall under the idea that there is a level of homer that is acceptable. Haynes was clearly a homer, but he was never offensive to me with it. Moser is so far on one end I notice it always...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Also annoying... I also fall under the idea that there is a level of homer that is acceptable. Haynes was clearly a homer, but he was never offensive to me with it. Moser is so far on one end I notice it always...

No doubt. McNab calls it out and "jokes" about Moser's homerism on air every other game or so but I don't think he's actually joking.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What a debut for Makar. First NHL game. In the playoffs. Against your childhood team. You get a goal in your first period on your first shot, and it ends up being the game winner. That’s the stuff you dream about as a kid.

You could tell Makar had some nerves in this one, especially in the first. Had the yips with the puck a couple times. Funny though, Bednar talked about how they were going to find the right moments to give him ice time, but every time they tried to give him an O zone face-off, or a shift where they had possession, something happened which caused him to start in the D zone and work his way out. He managed it well enough though with some good defensive plays.

EJ with a massive game in all three zones, and not coincidentally it comes when he’s given more time with the puck away from Girard. Just getting it done everywhere, in every situation. Calm stick checks in desperation situations, finishing al his checks when he got the chance, smart plays with the puck, and gets a nice deflection goal. Great game by him.

Nemeth and Cole with studs of a game too. This is when these guys shine. Didn’t expect Cole to end up with a back to back 2 on 1 and breakaway though.

Hard to complain about officiation after a win, but it was head scratching once again. How in the hell did the dumbass refs give Calvert and Bennett matching minors and misconducts? Bennett hit Calvert about three times in the head. Ref clearly had already called a penalty, then Bennett sucker punches Calvert while the linesman’s holding him, and they end up with matching calls? Then Hathaway starts going crazy and Z just hugs him while he falls to the ice, and they give Z the roughing penalty?

Need to see more from Soda. They’ve been getting by without him, but they are going to need his strong two way game at some point. I’d like to see Bednar reunite the Nieto-Soda-Calvert line. Put Jost with Mikko for a few shifts and see how that looks. Pretty clear that Ghetto should be the scratch if Girard comes back and they go with 7D.

MacKinnon loves playing with skilled players. I swear he got extra pumped up for this game because Makar was out there making his debut. Proof of this was on the play he drew the penalty that lead to the PP goal, he saw Makar get the puck in the D zone and Nate instantly got on his horse knowing that Makar could hit him in stride, rather then with a grenade he’d have to coral. Then on Makar’s goal, MacKinnon gained the zone, skated to the right and dropped it to Makar instantly when he called for it. He never makes this play. He just knew Makar knows what to do with the puck, so he gave it to him with some time and space.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The worst part of Moser has to be the begging for every single little call for the Avs, then blowing off any Avs penalty... so annoying...

Oh, I don't know about that, I've heard him say "no call" on occasion when the Avs get away with something, and on replay McNab will usually call out a guy committing an infraction when they view it on the replay--closest thing he comes to criticism on any given broadcast.

Not to say he isn't a big-time homer, of course he is, but I don't think the penalty thing is quite that lopsided.

The most annoying thing to me is that Moser has carried on super-homer Mike Haynes' tradition of sounding like someone told him Santa Claus isn't real when the other team scores.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
MacKinnon loves playing with skilled players. I swear he got extra pumped up for this game because Makar was out there making his debut. Proof of this was on the play he drew the penalty that lead to the PP goal, he saw Makar get the puck in the D zone and Nate instantly got on his horse knowing that Makar could hit him in stride, rather then with a grenade he’d have to coral. Then on Makar’s goal, MacKinnon gained the zone, skated to the right and dropped it to Makar instantly when he called for it. He never makes this play. He just knew Makar knows what to do with the puck, so he gave it to him with some time and space.

Yas. Is why when during the mid season slide, and everyone's emotions where beyond frayed.. I posed it would be nice of MacK could go to a team with skilled players where he could be.... happy. No fun seeing the heart taken out of great talent. All about wanting to see talent and loyalty have opportunities to excel. Which is why seeing things coalesce now, watching hearts soar on goals, plays, wins... I mean, as sad sack as Varlamov has been, seeing him participate in the joy of a win is cool. Soooo good to see MacK absorb the potentials around him.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I was watching the game with family so I couldn't hear too much commentary because of them talking but god damn, everytime I would hear her it was awful. It wasn't entirely over the top but just small subtle shots kind of like Moser.
It's not just the subtle shots. Her analysis isn't great.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
If peoples main gripe about Moser is his homerism, why does everyone want Connor to replace him?

The handful of radio broadcasts I’ve listened to this year, that dude is 10x the homer Moser is.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

And listening to MacK talk about Makar after the game it is safe to say... MacKinnon has a new BFF.

Reactions: Foppa2118

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Would you say they became...fast friends?

I'll show myself out.
SnarlingMeatyHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: wayninja

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad