GDT: Game 3: Avalanche vs Flames | 8 PM MT | April 15, 2019 | World of Possibilities

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
SnarlingMeatyHousefly-size_restricted.gif
Thank you, thank you

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Moser is fantastic and none of you have a clue what you're talking about.

Yeah I honestly have zero issues with Moser, and don't get what all the fuss is about. I want the announcers to make whatever they're covering exciting. Moser does that. I don't care that he gets things wrong every once in a while, lots of announcers do this. Haynes did it all the time too. He's a homer, but he's also just clearly playing it up a lot of the time for effect too. To get a friendly banter going with McNab.

The only thing I don't like is the "and there's no call" after a hit or trip. That's a little whiny, but since I'm an Av fan it's a minor issue.

Anyone upset with Moser should have to listen to that drunken hedgehog lookin guy they tried in between Kelly and Haynes. That guy was truly awful. Got almost everything wrong and I'm pretty sure was literally drunk every night. Just slurred his way through calling 60 minutes of hockey. I don't even remember his name.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyone upset with Moser should have to listen to that drunken hedgehog lookin guy they tried in between Kelly and Haynes. That guy was truly awful. Got almost everything wrong and I'm pretty sure was literally drunk every night. Just slurred his way through calling 60 minutes of hockey. I don't even remember his name.

Doug McLeod, his claim to fame being the play-by-play in Mystery, Alaska. Might have been the one and only time I remember Peter McNab being visibly irritated on-air. :laugh: I also remember Mike and Sandy openly mocking him during their morning show.

BTW, pretty sure he got fired or at least suspended last month when he inexplicably made a lynching reference during a Minnesota high school state tournament game.

Boy, those early Altitude days were rough as hell. Plastic-looking soundstage sets with cellophane "windows," Sub-par talent, horrid and amateurish camera work, and so on. Altitude radio was even worse, they yanked Nuggets and Avs games off The Fan right when they made the switch to FM and put them on an AM radio station that had such a weak transmitter, you seriously could not get the signal outside the Denver Metro area. It took them a LONG time to get right, and it's not perfect by any means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->