Pre-Game Talk: Game 3/82 - 17/10/2023, 6 pm - EDM@NSH - Well, at least we don’t play Vancouver for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
get Pederson in, put Lavioe on standby and shoot Janmark and Ryan into the sun

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
They'll pop off for 7 goals soon and most will relax. This team is fundamentally flawed, and has been that way since the 17-18 season. Only solution is bringing in new management that overhaul the pro and amateur scouting. Can't be a good team when you can't draft worth shit and haven't won a trade since 2014. Ken Holland is a one trick pony of throwing money at his problems, a style that hasn't worked since the cap was introduced.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We have to score at least 4 goals to win a game so i am fine with putting the stars together.

Brown dropping to 3rd line already is to me an awful look.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
While they've got the blender out, I'd like to see RNH at RW with Drai.

I swear he scores all his goals at 5v5 while cutting to his left and Drai spends a lot of time on those right boards, so it'd be nice having an actual center pushed over to the center spot while he's there.

Bonus there too is being able to move Hyman back to his comfort spot at LW where, IMO, he looks a lot better.

Reactions: ujju2 and Oilhawks

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Why does Woody hate Holloway so much? If anyone should go up the lineup, it should be him.
Woody is a dinosaur coach, like his mentor Todd McLellan. Who doesn't reward ice time through merit, and just plays favorites. He's showing a lot of signs that he's a lost puppy out there.

When we put McDrai together, teams know they have us right where they want us. And after only 2 games? I don't understand this horrible overreaction.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's kind of a fun challenge trying to figure out who was dumber on that play ..... Nurse, Ceci, or Foegele.
I'd give the edge to Ceci just because he's ostensibly supposed to be a "defensive defenseman" so I'll never understand why he pinches as often as he does.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Your yardstick for measuring value seems extremely short.

My guess based on the last 2 games, McDrai is also on thin ice as for providing any value to the team by your measurement standard.
My guess is you think Holland is the best GM in the league.

See, I can do worthless strawmen too.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
My guess is you think Holland is the best GM in the league.

See, I can do worthless strawmen too.
He is not been the worst over the course of his career and he has improved this roster since the days of Chiarelli.

However he has made some mistakes too and it could cost this org a SC during the era of 97 and 29.

But enough about what you describe as a straw man and back to your comment that the roster has nothing beyond McDrai.

You reall think Hyman, Nugent and Kane are all useless because of last years playoffs? Eckholm is trash too?

Ok, then.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He is not been the worst over the course of his career and he has improved this roster since the days of Chiarelli.

However he has made some mistakes too and it could cost this org a SC during the era of 97 and 29.

But enough about what I think and back to your comment that the roster has nothing beyond McDrai.

You reall think Hyman, Nugent and Kane are all useless because of last years playoffs? Eckholm is trash too?

Ok, then.
Kane has been a shell since the extension. I went to bat for RNH last year but he really disappointed me in clutch time. Hyman got a crucial goal but was nowhere near as good as the previous playoffs.

None of these players are going to get better with age.

Ekholm is great but has something bugging him. Rest him until he’s healthy.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Reading between the lines with Gregor and Woodley, sounded like they both felt that the Oilers made the Canucks look a lot better than they actually are (getting goalies with very little O zone time, etc). I wonder if they can avoid making another bubble team look like all stars?

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Brown gonna cash in that 3.225M bonus on the 3rd line. Adding a guy with zero playmaking ability to our top 6 is looking more and more like it was a bad idea. Woody already resorting to putting together his only 2 top 6 guys that can hold a puck and make a play 5v5 (Nuge cannot do this either. Kane, Brown are awful passers, Hyman only good grabbing stuff off the boards).

Foegele promoted after that abomination of a play for the 3-3 goal. I don't understand this team.

I mean, they needed a guy that can score goals, and Brown has a better shot than any of the wingers aside from Kane (assuming he ever fully recovers). They have enough guys trying to pass the puck into the net. They also needed a defensive presence in the top 6. I still think Brown will end up being the best winger this year, which could be a bad thing.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
They'll pop off for 7 goals soon and most will relax. This team is fundamentally flawed, and has been that way since the 17-18 season. Only solution is bringing in new management that overhaul the pro and amateur scouting. Can't be a good team when you can't draft worth shit and haven't won a trade since 2014. Ken Holland is a one trick pony of throwing money at his problems, a style that hasn't worked since the cap was introduced.

I’m no Jackson Stan but I think that was the point of bringing him in.

It’s not going to change in season though.

The constant bitching about Holland in here can be directed towards the analytics nerd Jackson brings in after that GM also isn’t able to craft a team with no holes in a cap world.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Not really a fan of reuniting McDrai just two games in. Foegele being promoted too is ???
Better win tomorrow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad