Pre-Game Talk: Game 3/82 - 17/10/2023, 6 pm - EDM@NSH - Well, at least we don’t play Vancouver for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
IMG_1959.jpeg

Discuss.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Woody harkening back to the glory years under Tippett where we tried our best to be a 1 line team and overplay the stars.

Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose but this wreaks of a coach who is already out of answers and going to the tried and true.

It probably gets us a few wins but is far from a long term cup winning solution.

It’s only Game 1 2 3. I’m not worried.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Woody harkening back to the glory years under Tippett where we tried our best to be a 1 line team and overplay the stars.

Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose but this wreaks of a coach who is already out of answers and going to the tried and true.

It probably gets us a few wins but is far from a long term cup winning solution.

It’s only Game 1 2 3. I’m not worried.
Nah, its worse. Tippett did that when our topsix options were lumps like Khaira, Yama, Pulju. We'd lump the stars because we only had one line. If he wanted some EV production he didn't have a choice. Guys like Khaira would need a soccer sized net to score or finish.

But to have acquired Hyman, Kane, Brown, and to have Nuge in superheat phase of career, its plain dumb to be loading up. Sure this is Nashville but we've seen the loading up attempts every game, now starting with it.

With the wingers we have now we should be able to run topsix, Separate McDrai, and get some EV results. Tippett didn't have that luxury here. He had a far weaker roster than Woody is seeing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This team has bigger problems than complaining about the top line being loaded up.

People are just upset about that because they spent all summer talking about 3 line this/3 line that, many of us knew that was only gonna last like 1 1/2 games, and voila there you go.

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The McDrai combo is a viable strategy. Drai needs to shake off some rust. Let them get their scoring mojo going. Pretenders are currently out producing them.
Drai has scored in every game. He's been productive, he's drawn penalty, he's made the plays and been around every one of our goals.

The McD line seemed to have struggled more. The McD line had also been giving up more goals. Brown -4. Kane -5 McD -4. They've been on ice for a lot of GA.

Drai and Nuge have played a good game for the most part. stats reflecting that. Been McD line shaking off rust.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Campbell no doubt about it.

He should actually get the next 10 starts as a trial. See what he can do, if he falters in any way you move him with picks/prospects for a real goalie. The time is now to do so.
I’m with ya. It’s time to show or go.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
This team has bigger problems than complaining about the top line being loaded up.

People are just upset about that because they spent all summer talking about 3 line this/3 line that, many of us knew that was only gonna last like 1 1/2 games, and voila there you go.

I don't think I saw anyone talking about 3 real lines this summer (ie splitting McD, Drai AND RNH). I say we give it a go... RNH is playing well enough that it would give opposition more to think about.

Kane McD Holloway
Foegele Drai Brown
McLeod RNH Hyman

Or something similar

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Here we go again with McDrai pairing

Honestly I'd rather move Janmark up to the top 6 and have Foegele and Ryan together.
Kane - Mcdavid - Hyman
Nuge - Draisaitl - Janmark
Holloway - Mcleod - Brown
Foegele - Ryan

Call up Lavoie.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
If Drai doesn’t score 5 points against Preds it’s time to panic

Barrie’s probably going to pop off on us lol

I actually don’t mind the changes to the lineup. If that top line can score 5v5, get Kane going, that could be good for us. This should also be a test for the “depth”. Show what you’ve got and try to work your way up the lineup and take Kanes spot.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Foegele?

I'd leave Brown there up there awhile longer but if you're going to change it up, why not Holloway?

Just realized I glossed over the Draidavid switchup. Maybe we could've experimented with the lineup during preseason instead of now when the games matter.

Reactions: Duke74

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Drai has scored in every game. He's been productive, he's drawn penalty, he's made the plays and been around every one of our goals.

The McD line seemed to have struggled more. The McD line had also been giving up more goals. Brown -4. Kane -5 McD -4. They've been on ice for a lot of GA.

Drai and Nuge have played a good game for the most part. stats reflecting that. Been McD line shaking off rust.

Drai and Nuge also have 1 total even strength goal in two games.

Have to get Evander Kane going.

Reactions: Heavy Dee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad