Pre-Game Talk: Game 3/82 - 17/10/2023, 6 pm - EDM@NSH - Well, at least we don’t play Vancouver for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
How sad is it that getting .850 goaltending in this game would be a significant improvement.
When you combine Campbell and Skinner last season we had under.900 goaltending and finished 2 points back of the conference lead. .850 goaltending squeaks us into the playoffs and .910+ goaltending and we're the top team in the league.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Campbell no doubt about it.

He should actually get the next 10 starts as a trial. See what he can do, if he falters in any way you move him with picks/prospects for a real goalie. The time is now to do so.
The soup has gone bad. Do not eat soup.

I actually like the possibilities of the third line but ooof having foegel on the second line is gonna make their shifts unbearable to watch.
Foegele is a prime candidate for the PB, also known as Woody's coaching couch!

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Dang! When you pair the big two there is very little left.

Need the D to step up.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Also fire Schwartz.

The guy is teflon, bulletproof and asbestos all at once. He’s the T-1000, he just keeps coming back.

I’d love an explanation how this track record gains you continued employment:

(Since joining in 2014)

30th in Sv% at 5 on 5

23rd in GAA

Keeping in mind we are a team that spends to the cap and has an owner with near limitless resources. That’s the best guy we can find. Year after year, not a single guy pops loose? Not a single upgrade on ol Dusty available in 10 years???

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
While they've got the blender out, I'd like to see RNH at RW with Drai.

I swear he scores all his goals at 5v5 while cutting to his left and Drai spends a lot of time on those right boards, so it'd be nice having an actual center pushed over to the center spot while he's there.

Bonus there too is being able to move Hyman back to his comfort spot at LW where, IMO, he looks a lot better.
I haven't watched closely enough to notice the Nuge and Drai observations, but I disagree that Hyman looks best at LW. Hyman always looked best to me cutting to the net from the right, with the puck on his backhand so he can pull it across to his forehand.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I haven't watched closely enough to notice the Nuge and Drai observations, but I disagree that Hyman looks best at LW. Hyman always looked best to me cutting to the net from the right, with the puck on his backhand so he can pull it across to his forehand.
I think his puck protection is way better on the left boards when he's got his right hand free and I think he's a lot more effective coming out of the cycle on his forehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad