GDT: Game 29 | Sun Mar 17, 2013 - Winnipeg at Ottawa - 5:00pm | Childhood Memories Edition

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This is pretty crazy, from the TSN recap of the game:

The win allowed the Senators to put an end to their 11-game streak of one-goal games.

11 games in a row decided by one goal, and in that stretch we got points in 9 of 11 games. 14 points total in those 11 games.

Pretty damned good record in close games. A sign of good coaching, IMO.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Sens were to better team overall in the game. The Jets were flat as heck in the first, but no surprise after a late emotional game against the Leafs last night.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
This is pretty crazy, from the TSN recap of the game:

11 games in a row decided by one goal, and in that stretch we got points in 9 of 11 games. 14 points total in those 11 games.

Pretty damned good record in close games. A sign of good coaching, IMO.

Yup and the record for most consecutive 1 goal games was 12 I believe. But Silfverberg had to come and ruin this..

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
tumblr_mhvefzqq3r1s37giko1_400.gif

2CHHHHHAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNZZZZZ

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The way the Rangers-Sens series ended, a lot of the bad blood vanished and we became the "worthy opponent".

You won't find fans who are more appreciative of what Karlsson can do than Rangers fans.

And he didn't even get many points in the series.

As for Senapreds, the only fans who are more annoying because of Karlsson-envy are Blues' fans.

Which is hilarious, because Pie wasn't even nominated.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
There were a few Sens fans with 'Leafs Suck' signs :sarcasm: it's **** like that that make Leafs fans think we're obsessed with them :laugh:

There's one 100-level box in the corners... I want to say around section 109-110 off the top of my head... who always brings an entire box full of Leafs Sucks signs. Every game. It's their thing, I guess. It's a family owned box, not corporate, and they're usually the loudest fans sitting in any of the suites on the lower level.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
There's one 100-level box in the corners... I want to say around section 109-110 off the top of my head... who always brings an entire box full of Leafs Sucks signs. Every game. It's their thing, I guess. It's a family owned box, not corporate, and they're usually the loudest fans sitting in any of the suites on the lower level.

That was them lol.

Just seems silly lol.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
The way the Rangers-Sens series ended, a lot of the bad blood vanished and we became the "worthy opponent".

You won't find fans who are more appreciative of what Karlsson can do than Rangers fans.

And he didn't even get many points in the series.

As for Senapreds, the only fans who are more annoying because of Karlsson-envy are Blues' fans.

I've noticed this too. Alot of NYR fans are backing the Sens in pretty much every thread about our players/team on the main board. Pretty awesome to see.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I've noticed this too. Alot of NYR fans are backing the Sens in pretty much every thread about our players/team on the main board. Pretty awesome to see.

We had their backs about how great Girardi and McDonagh were in the playoffs. We didn't like eachother, but dammit, we respected the hell outta eachother!!

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country

It's because of Darren Pang. You listen to that guy do one game and you'd come away thinking Pietrangelo is a generational talent.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Great weekend of sens hockey. I thought Alfie, Turris, Lehner, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Latendresse and Gonchar have been the sens' best players.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Wow great weekend for the Senators.

I love our coach, I love our goalies and love that we have nuclear deterrence with the Kassasin!!

His addition will now let Neiler play his game.

Champs of the 1 goal games, the green beer taste even better with the multiple goal win!!

I wonder is the Sensqatch was green today!!:laugh:

;)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Maybe I'm slow, but I'm finally starting to see why we've been so successful so far despite all the injuries. Every player fits a piece of the puzzle: there's the stay at home defensemen who can actually get the puck out of the zone, the puck-moving ones with an accurate shot, the forward who's an annoyance on the PK, the guys with the great release, the guy who can take face-offs, the big guy with soft hands, the energy guy who hits everyone and is also strong on the puck, the guy with great hockey IQ who makes the sneaky smart plays, a mix of youth and leadership, the fantastic goaltending, etc. And of course a great coach who puts it all together.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Maybe I'm slow, but I'm finally starting to see why we've been so successful so far despite all the injuries. Every player fits a piece of the puzzle: there's the stay at home defensemen who can actually get the puck out of the zone, the puck-moving ones with an accurate shot, the forward who's an annoyance on the PK, the guys with the great release, the guy who can take face-offs, the big guy with soft hands, the energy guy who hits everyone and is also strong on the puck, the guy with great hockey IQ who makes the sneaky smart plays, a mix of youth and leadership, the fantastic goaltending, etc. And of course a great coach who puts it all together.

:handclap:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Anyone have a clip of the Regin hit on Wheeler? I had to listen to the game today and man did they make the hit sound like a bomb.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Anyone have a clip of the Regin hit on Wheeler? I had to listen to the game today and man did they make the hit sound like a bomb.
I dunno. It wasn't exactly a Volchenkov type hit. I was expecting Regin's limbs to fall apart like he got hit by a bomb after the hit though.

source

Jul 13, 2008

Don't look now, but this team is carving out a real identity for itself. Led by Alfredsson and a few solid veterans, we've got a young group of guys who work their ***** off every night and have proven they belong exactly where they are.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Don't look now, but this team is carving out a real identity for itself. Led by Alfredsson and a few solid veterans, we've got a young group of guys who work their ***** off every night and have proven they belong exactly where they are.

#peskysens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad