GDT: Game 29 | Sun Mar 17, 2013 - Winnipeg at Ottawa - 5:00pm | Childhood Memories Edition

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fan dropping by to say Congrads

Pretty impressive what you guys have done considering the players you lost this year. good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you in the playoffs.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007

Pretty impressive what you guys have done considering the players you lost this year. good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you in the playoffs.

I know the jets are new, but you guys have to start being a lot more irrational to fit in here:sarcasm:

Cheers.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa

Thanks man, you too.
Classy WPG fans as usual. <3

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
One of the more satisfying wins since the injuries piled up.

Winnipeg competed hard but Ottawa did not waver.

Getting both of our elite shooters going at the same time is nice (Silf and Turris).

Lehner was solid and calm in net and kept things under control.

Also liked Ottawa's physicality.

Great game.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Mclean deserve to win the Jack Adams, the way this team is performing it's amazing the job he has done. Melnyk was right the Sens have so much depth now we can lose our #1 center, the Norris winner and our #1 goaltender and still keep winning hockey games. :handclap:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Mclean deserve to win the Jack Adams, the way this team is performing it's amazing the job he has done. Melnyk was right the Sens have so much depth now we can lose our #1 center, the Norris winner and our #1 goaltender and still keep winning hockey games. :handclap:

Not to mention our #1 winger

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Aw, I was hoping for a three pointer tonight (either way). Oh well, hope we meet again in the playoffs! Sens are my number two canadian team, so awesome that you're still rocking despite those injuries. :yo:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He reminds me of Radek Bonk.

rQnmlnJ.gif

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Im not used to fans from opposing canadian cities being so damn friendly. Years of leaf and habs fans have taken their toll!

I would love to see the Sens and Jets in the playoffs. It might just be the most amicable matchup of playoff fanbases in history!

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
After 29 games, the Sens lead the NHL in GA/G with 2.00.

Would've never expected that at the start of the season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Radek Bonk kept up.... kinda.... okay.... while centering Marian Hossa. :p:

I remember seeing a speedy Radek Bonk but there was a puck sitting at centre ice and an empty net.

In his prime though, he used his size pretty well around the net and had deceptively soft hands.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I would love to see the Sens and Jets in the playoffs. It might just be the most amicable matchup of playoff fanbases in history!
Remember how friendly we were with Rangers fans before the playoffs last season? That lasted what, one period?

Although I certainly wouldn't mind an Ottawa-Winnipeg series any time after this season. :D

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
Am I the only one who always goes and reads the Toronto and Montreal forum Around the NHL threads after Sens games?

Maybe I'm weird.

Leafs Fan: "Wah! Sens won!" :cry:

Me: :)

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Remember how friendly we were with Rangers fans before the playoffs last season? That lasted what, one period?

Although I certainly wouldn't mind an Ottawa-Winnipeg series any time after this season. :D
All it takes for fanbases to hate each other is for their teams to have something to face up against.

Years of the Senapreds alliance was shattered just because Karlsson and Weber went up for the Norris against each other. It didn't even take a playoff series.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
SENATORS WIN!!! They come out with a 4-1 win over the Sabres. That's now 2 wins in a row and 5 games in a row with atleast picking up 1 point. The super duper Swede Jakob Silfverberg, Silfy, scored a pair of goals to help along the victory. Lattendresse and Turris also added goals. And Alffy and Gonchar added a pair of assists each, respectively. Robin Lehner, another one of those Super duper Swede's on are club was good enough in net to get us the win. Great job boys! Bring on the Isles next!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Im not used to fans from opposing canadian cities being so damn friendly. Years of leaf and habs fans have taken their toll!

Agreed! WPG are a classy group of fans.

I lol'd so hard after their first Toronto match last week, on the Leafs GDT someone said "Winnipeg must have the most obnoxious fans in all of sports." :laugh:

Pot, meet kettle.

I believe we can refer to that as the "Boyle Effect."

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
Years of the Senapreds alliance was shattered just because Karlsson and Weber went up for the Norris against each other. It didn't even take a playoff series.

Did that actually last for years? I'm pretty sure I was the one who started that originally. Funny how quickly it caught on.

We could start a new alliance after realignment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad