GDT: Game 29 | Sun Mar 17, 2013 - Winnipeg at Ottawa - 5:00pm | Childhood Memories Edition

utah

Apr 12, 2006
It feels like it's been a dozen games since I watched the closing minutes of the 3rd period of a Sens game, without my heart beating 200 beats per second!

Nice win, and a solid effort across the roster.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Kassian on the ice with Silf at the end of the game. A player like him is perfect to make sure nobody messes with our young guys when a game is out of reach. That right there makes the trade worthwhile.

Great game all around! Took advantage of a tired Jets team, controlled the tempo, and Lehner made saves when he needed to.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kassian on the ice with Silf at the end of the game. A player like him is perfect to make sure nobody messes with our young guys when a game is out of reach. That right there makes the trade worthwhile.

Great game all around! Took advantage of a tired Jets team, controlled the tempo, and Lehner made saves when he needed to.

I'm not in the NHL and I've never been on the ice in that situation so how do you know I wouldn't have messed with those kids? Stop trying to justify the trade.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Great game, in fact that might have been the best game I've seen a Jets opponent play this year. You've got something special going with this group of players and the coaching staff.

Are Silfverberg and Lehner always this good?! Holy smokes.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Our announcers are too biased. I know they are Sens fans, but I'd like them to be more objective. Dean Brown is always complaining about calls.

Listen to Gord Wilson sometime if you want biased. Or really the announces of most home teams.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Great game, in fact that might have been the best game I've seen a Jets opponent play this year. You've got something special going with this group of players and the coaching staff.

They will be. ;)

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Part of me feels bad making this comparison, because I think he's one of the most talented players in the league, but does anyone see a resemblance between Zibanejad and a Jamie Benn-lite? Large shooting center, great along the boards, just a pit bull. I wish Zib was a little meaner.

Anyway I didn't catch the game but I saw the goals posted. Really happy to see a dominant performance coming off a tiring game last night.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

The are both still finding their way in the NHL but getting better every game.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Is Lats the key to our offensive production? Statistically speaking (with this silly sample size) he has probably the greatest impact in Sens history. :sarcasm:

Stats guys. Stats. It's science.

Or possibly math.

I'd argue its Kassian, Sens are 2-0 with him in the lineup after all :sarcasm:

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Part of me feels bad making this comparison, because I think he's one of the most talented players in the league, but does anyone see a resemblance between Zibanejad and a Jamie Benn-lite? Large shooting center, great along the boards, just a pit bull. I wish Zib was a little meaner.

Anyway I didn't catch the game but I saw the goals posted. Really happy to see a dominant performance coming off a tiring game last night.
He reminds me of Radek Bonk.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Good game guys. With all the **** your team has been through I salute them for the never quit attitude. Your future is very bright.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

They shows signs of it, but this was probably Silf's best so far and definitely a good'n from Lehner.

I'm sure you'll bounce back next game (after some actual rest) and keep rolling. I've been following the Jets on and off this year until that first Toronto game last week, now the Jets are officially my second from now on.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
I'm not in the NHL and I've never been on the ice in that situation so how do you know I wouldn't have messed with those kids? Stop trying to justify the trade.

Still on that high road I see? :laugh:

Anyway, deterrence is a myth, just ask Marc Savard.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm quick to criticize Silfverberg, but he had an excellent game, was making smart decisions all over the ice and it showed on the scoreboard. If he can learn to utilize that shot in close he'll have many multi-goal games in the future.

Awesome win. Lehner came up huge, no doubt this kid is the goalie of the future and Team Sweden might be thinking the same.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Listen to Gord Wilson sometime if you want biased. Or really the announces of most home teams.

As for my comment on the Winnipeg board, you're right. I should have written that it was my opinion.

In my opinion (trying SO hard to edit myself here), our announcers are below average.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad