Pre-Game Talk: Game 29 - Sharks @ Oilers: Fish and Chips anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
- Oilers on a 3 game win streak
- Couture back from IR
- Nilsson in spectacular form
- Kharia surprising
- Hall-Drai is red hot. (Or maybe not Drai)
- Oilers 3 points behind Arizona.
- Can RNH and Eberle pick it up?

Expectations? Hopes? Predictions?

Last edited:

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Playoff implications.

When was the last time we could say that in december? hahahaha. In all seriousness, the sharks are a very beatable team. If our top 2 lines keep rolling along with niilsson, we win. Also, I hate logan couture.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Biggest game of the season so far, if we win, we'll be right in the mix for the playoffs which is hilarious given our record :laugh:

Good news: SJS is playing back to back games and we're on home ice so extra woot

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Not sure Drai is "red hot" anymore, 3 pts in last 8 games.

Tight game, tough to win. However we certainly play better against better teams, so who knows.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Vlasic is out for the Sharks this road trip, Jones is starting for the Sharks in Calgary tonight, which means it's likely we'll see Stalock, who has been awful. Sharks coming off the Flames game the night before. Very, very winnable game.

Also I'm not sure who I want to win tonight Flames or Sharks. I think I'm pulling for the Flames in regulation.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Will be interesting how the Oilers come out against a team on the second of their back-to-back, while being down their best Dman. This is a great opportunity to get a win against a tough team.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
A big thank you to the Pacific division for sucking so bad while we try to get our **** together. Hope the team puts on their big boy pants for this one, 'cuz a playoff position is in sight.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Vlasic is out for the Sharks this road trip, Jones is starting for the Sharks in Calgary tonight, which means it's likely we'll see Stalock, who has been awful. Sharks coming off the Flames game the night before. Very, very winnable game.

Also I'm not sure who I want to win tonight Flames or Sharks. I think I'm pulling for the Flames in regulation.

I don't think we can catch the Sharks, and the Flames are one of the teams we need to pull away from. Hopefully Sharks can pull it out in reg

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I'd go with Nilsson tomorrow then Talbot against the Rangers. Maybe it will ignite something in Talbot and he'll start playing to his capabilities.

If Nilsson has another great game against the Sharks, you have to keep starting him.

Cam will likely get the next back to back, which is next Tuesday in New York. Perfect game for him to get back in the lineup.

They have Wed vs SJ, Fri vs NYR, Mon at Bos, Tues at NYR, Thu at Chi.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
4 point game, I think we can pull off a win. Dam would be nice to have McDavid for this one (really miss him lol). Depends on Nilsson, team looks like they have alot of confidence in him.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think I'm gonna cheer for a SJ regulation win tonight and hopefully the Oilers win tomorrow to put a bit of a cushion between them and Calgary and within two points of Vancouver (provided the Blues beat the Yotes tonight in regulation) for third spot. The Canucks play the Rangers tomorrow and they should take the nucks lunch money without much of a struggle.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Hilariously, the biggest 4 point game they've played since maybe March 2009.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I think I'm gonna cheer for a SJ regulation win tonight and hopefully the Oilers win tomorrow to put a bit of a cushion between them and Calgary and within two points of Vancouver (provided the Blues beat the Yotes tonight in regulation) for third spot. The Canucks play the Rangers tomorrow and they should take the nucks lunch money without much of a struggle.

I'd rather muddle the pack a bit.

Calgary > San Jose, St Louis > Arizona and tomorrow Edmonton > San Jose and New York > Vancouver.

The Pacific standings would be:

San Jose 28
Vancouver 28
Arizona 27
Anaheim 27
Edmonton 26
Calgary 24

Yeeehawwww.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

Calgary > San Jose, St Louis > Arizona and tomorrow Edmonton > San Jose and New York > Vancouver.

San Jose 28
Vancouver 28
Arizona 27
Anaheim 27
Edmonton 26
Calgary 24

Yeeehawwww.

Always vote for chaos.

I like it.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Gotta get points here if they want to be taken seriously as a playoff contender. Have to be ready to play a much tighter game against SJ or they'll get punished for it. If Couture is in he'll be ready to go.

A win here would be a very good thing for this group and a 5 game streak would be ideal. Surviving in the league is all about a lot of hard work and a lot of luck.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

San Jose 28
Vancouver 28
Arizona 27
Anaheim 27
Edmonton 26
Calgary 24

Yeeehawwww.

umm Go Flames Go .. I guess

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
We gotta tread water in the playoff race until we get McDavid back. Hoping for a couple unexpected wins to offset that awful Leafs shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad