GDT: GAME 29 | Penguins @ Senators | I Saw Timmy Kissing Santa Clause | Sat Dec 23 2023 7PM | SN360, City, TVAS

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
1703390538104.gif

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ok. So guys here want accountability

Ridley Greig, a clear favorite on this board, takes yet another offensive zone useless penalty 2 minutes into the game. That leads to a bench minor and a lengthy 5 on 3.

How many here are good with Ridley's ass stapled to the bench? Cause that's what accountability looks like

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
My take away, do people actually not know. Take Me Home, Country Roads?? I can’t tell if it’s sarcasm. I’m getting old lol

I’m just so happy to actually win I’ll forget about the turd of a 3rd.

WTF were the refs watching? Poor Branny lol.. two phantom calls. And JC needs to ice his nose all night long!
Might have been our worst 3rd period all year, but we played great the first two and Forsberg made some big saves when it mattered.

Such a piss off seeing Malkin draw a penalty with the soft crosscheck only for the refs to review Chych getting legit elbowed in the face but not be able to call it.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Ridley Greig, a clear favorite on this board, takes yet another offensive zone useless penalty. That leads to a bench minor and a lengthy 5 on 3.

How many here are good with Ridley's ass stapled to the bench? Cause that's what accountability looks like
I mean. DJ would have benched Brann. Same thing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Ridley Greig, a clear favorite on this board, takes yet another offensive zone useless penalty. That leads to a bench minor and a lengthy 5 on 3.

We're benching Greig because Norris jumped over the boards without someone coming off and gave us a long 5v3 pk?

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
While Forsberg gave up four goals, we could have easily lost the game in regular if it wasn't for a couple of big saves by him in the third. Hope he starts the next game after the break, but I assume we'll go back to Korpi again.

Was pleasantly surprised that we successfully killed off a lot of penalties. Not sure if it was the PK doing the dirty work or it was just the Pens being sloppy.
I would go back with Korpisalo next game, without hesitation. Forsberg played well tonight, but he can't do it for more than one or two games.

Korpisalo has been by far the better goalie this season and he's being paid to be the starter. Play him and see what you've got.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We're benching Greig because he took a completely unnecessary penalty 2 minutes into the game in the O zone.

Jacques has already mentioned unnecessary O zone penalties

He's a young player. He has to learn.
So why bring up the 5v3? Either you bench him for an OZ penalty, or you don't, the subsequent penalty and lengthy 5v3 has no bearing on it,

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So why bring up the 5v3? Either you bench him for an OZ penalty, or you don't, the subsequent penalty and lengthy 5v3 has no bearing on it,
Well I guess I'm just assuming they got screwed on the line changes down a man and that it wouldn't have happened 5 on 5..

But is that relevant to the question I asked? Does accountability include stapling asses to benches when a penalty is taken 180 feet from your net?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well I guess I'm just assuming they got screwed on the line changes down a man and that it wouldn't have happened 5 on 5..

But is that relevant to the question I asked? Does accountability include stapling asses to benches when a penalty is taken 180 feet from your net?
The tmm was just a norris coming on for no reason, we had cleared the zone a while they reloaded he hopped on,

In terms of benching Greig, ideally you resolve the behaviour without needing to bench him. Penalties happen, I didn't catch what Greig did to get the call, I'll assume it was a poor decisions on his part, but if you're benching a guy it should be because a message isn't getting through not because he made a mistake.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
A Sens win, best Christmas present! And so here's my contribution to favourite Christmas songs:

How does the whole arena know and sing that song? I don't even know what song that is

Apparently it is a John Denver song?

No clue who that is.

You guys are making me feel old! But even Millennials should know the song from the highly underrated Miyazaki anime Whisper of the Heart:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
No he wasn't

I thought I was too optimistic

You were too optimistic when you were the GM. Now that you've been fired and are drowning your pathetic sorrows in Gabriel's pizza and Labatt 50 you are no longer too optimistic.

I kid (I think), but your schtick of applying similar standards to a coaching staff with a tenure of less than 10 days to one that was in place for 5 years is pure, unadulterated trolling.

Keep it up.

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
The biggest issue with the team at the moment was their confidence in my opinion. It was badly shaken at some point during this season and they've been fighting tooth and nail to get it back without success.

I feel like tonight is going to help a lot with getting that confidence back. Yes they blew the lead, but they found a way to win at the end of the day, and Jacques is going to hammer that home to these guys that; yes they saw some flaws they need to address, but they ultimately found a way to win and they'll build off of that.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The biggest issue with the team at the moment was their confidence in my opinion. It was badly shaken at some point during this season and they've been fighting tooth and nail to get it back without success.

I feel like tonight is going to help a lot with getting that confidence back. Yes they blew the lead, but they found a way to win at the end of the day, and Jacques is going to hammer that home to these guys that; yes they saw some flaws they need to address, but they ultimately found a way to win and they'll build off of that.
I agree and also we could have won the last 3 games, we had the lead in all 3 but right now the boys have no confidence playing with the lead, it's in their heads. Jacques and Alfie will fix it, it will take some time.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
He got a warning, I would guess. Why bench the first time?
Jacques isn't going to be benching anyone at the moment, his top priority at the moment is to build up the confidence of the players again, because they have been almost completely broken in that regard this season. He's not going to achieve that by benching young emotional players the instant they make mistakes. There are other ways to hold players accountable besides harsh punishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad