GDT: Game #29 of the season Capitals visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 12 - 6 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Also... I really liked Henrique on the wing... I know its tough to move him off center... but id be curious to see how something like
Henrique Getz Terry
Rakell Steel Silf
Ritchie Lundy Kase
Des Grant Rowney

Could swap Lundy/steel if lundy worked better with his countrymen
It's time to boost Henriques trade value, we've got to get his contract off the books. By the time we're good again it's going to be an albatross

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We are not using 2 rookie centers lol

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Its a dead season...let the kid play as many games as possible. You learn more against a black belt than u do against another white belt

Agree with the dead season. Me and my friends are already ready for the draft next year. Pretty excited with this years draft. It’s going to be as good as McDavids draft year.

Move out the old farts. And in with the new Super stars. Ducks should be easily pulling a Getzlaf in the top 5 next season. Finally get back to winning ways with the draft pick. Really hoping Tim Stutzle falls to Anaheim.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Ducks fought hard tonight and probably deserved to win. Caps goals were all kinda cheapies. Did not think Fowler had a strong night (in addition to going offside on Steel goal).

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Oct 18, 2011
Getzlaf getting to 1,000 points is about the only thing to really look forward too, we're second to last in the west and play 6 of the next 8 on the road. I hope Bob for once does the right thing and tries to stock up as many picks as he can for the draft so we can attempt to turn this thing around sooner than later

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Getzlaf getting to 1,000 points is about the only thing to really look forward too, we're second to last in the west and play 6 of the next 8 on the road. I hope Bob for once does the right thing and tries to stock up as many picks as he can for the draft so we can attempt to turn this thing around sooner than later

And who will lead the team next near? Those #20-#150 overall draft picks?

We have to keep some leaders and players

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm all for the ducks blowing it up to try and get some picks

trade guys like rakell, silfverberg, henrique, and kase

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'd trade Henrique and Kase. I'd keep one of Silf or Rakell to keep Lindholm from requesting a trade at least until Lundestrom becomes a permanent Duck.
Trade Shore for a pick.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Agree with the dead season. Me and my friends are already ready for the draft next year. Pretty excited with this years draft. It’s going to be as good as McDavids draft year.

Move out the old farts. And in with the new Super stars. Ducks should be easily pulling a Getzlaf in the top 5 next season. Finally get back to winning ways with the draft pick. Really hoping Tim Stutzle falls to Anaheim.

How many hockey fans do really care about the draft outside of hfboards months or years before they happen?

And oh yes, getting another Getzlaf is so easy.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Even with early picks your not guaranteed to get a Getzlaf in a draft.

i'm all for the ducks blowing it up to try and get some picks

trade guys like rakell, silfverberg, henrique, and kase

So you want to blow it up by trading veterans thus forcing rookies and other young players to play higher up the lineup so they can get overwhelmed that is :badidea:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I’m late to the party, have just watched this game now. If anyone thinks for a remote second someone other than Getzlaf is our best (non goalie) player on the Ducks they seriously need to rethink their assessment of hockey.

Anyway as for the game it could have been worse. I’ve never seen a Dman be as good as head fakes in my life as Carlson is. Caps fans are spoiled, they got prime 30 goal Mike Green and now get Carlson. Lucky f***ers.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t get this whole “blow it up” thing. They played a very good game last night and stood up for themselves. Yeah the record is not good but they have not had the best of luck this season. Especially with injuries.

Tweaks needs to be made to the D gonna need outside help, but they need to get healthy. Missing their top goalie and one of their top D is going to hurt any team. If Gibson returns to his form or even close to it they are going to win a lot more games with this current roster. Let the kids continue to grow, think Terry keeps making steps in the right direction and BS offsides rules cost Steel a goal.

Getz, Silf, and Rakell all on pace for well over 50 points with a horrible PP to boot. Been doing it mostly 5 on 5. I mean we all knew this team was retooling this year but there has been set backs Due to injuries. They are one winning streak from getting back into things.

Again, F this league, they had the stuff to win last night. Nuff said.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
How many hockey fans do really care about the draft outside of hfboards months or years before they happen?

And oh yes, getting another Getzlaf is so easy.

This draft is loaded. You should take a peak of the top 15 in this years draft, and what scouts are saying before harping on the draft next year. This draft is where Anaheim finds its super star I guarantee it. It’s almost like shooting fish in a barrel of finding a star in the top 15 it’s that loaded.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
This draft is loaded. You should take a peak of the top 15 in this years draft, and what scouts are saying before harping on the draft next year. This draft is where Anaheim finds its super star I guarantee it. It’s almost like shooting fish in a barrel of finding a star in the top 15 it’s that loaded.

The 2003 draft was like that as well. Just ask Florida, Columbus, San Jose, Atlanta, Montreal, Kings, and Islanders. All picked in the top 15 and came out with superstars!

Reactions: Masch78

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Abounding in Alphas, Anaheim's ascension assured.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Think I’ll stick with what people are paid to do. And what scouts are saying. Over some random person on the internet. Thanks for the opinion though.

“The 2020 NHL Entry Draft might just be the most hyped draft since Connor McDavid took over the hockey world back in 2015. 2020 has the ultra-high-end talent in Alexis Lafreniére, but also has staggering depth to go right alongside him. Six names have risen to elite prestige in the world of NHL prospects”

The Historic Talent of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Think I’ll stick with what people are paid to do. And what scouts are saying. Over some random person on the internet. Thanks for the opinion though.

“The 2020 NHL Entry Draft might just be the most hyped draft since Connor McDavid took over the hockey world back in 2015. 2020 has the ultra-high-end talent in Alexis Lafreniére, but also has staggering depth to go right alongside him. Six names have risen to elite prestige in the world of NHL prospects”

The Historic Talent of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft

As you quote one article from someone that I've never heard of(not that I'm some be all end all in terms of knowing credible journalists) and I'm guessing most people have never heard of. Seems more like clickbait to me, but as you stated everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

Isn"t Zegras a for sure superstar? At least he was prior to the draft and impossible to get.

I don't care how loaded it is. Superstars don't grow in trees. A lot can happen. Wrong choice, injury, not progressing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad