GDT: Game #29 of the season Capitals visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 12 - 6 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Overall a good game... bit unlucky
-Fowlers offsides, kinda meh... hate that it can be reviewed.
- Gudbranson getting an extra 2 for Hathaway hiding behind refs, and them scoring... really shouldn't have ever happened... kinda a joke.
- Guhle basically giving them the 3rd goal.

The team played arguably the best team in the league and didn't give an inch... there are a lot of positives to take form it, that being said same problem we will have all season
We just cant finish... we would really benefit from a top 6 scorer that can help the PP. If our PP was at leagues average, wed be in a playoff spot right now.

Its unfortunate cause its prob not worth pickin up a top 6 goal scorer, but when manson comes back our defense should be pretty solid, and our offense with another legit scoring option would be good enough to get into the playoffs in my book.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Montour has over double the points production, a positive +/-, and significantly better advanced stats than Guhle. He’s also 5th on the Sabres in PPG vs Guhle’s 17th.

Those are more important facts as far as winning this year.
Montour on this team instead of guhle/Larsson/holzer etc would be a huge +.... idk what the other guy is talking about tbh.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Overall a good game... bit unlucky
-Fowlers offsides, kinda meh... hate that it can be reviewed.
- Gudbranson getting an extra 2 for Hathaway hiding behind refs, and them scoring... really shouldn't have ever happened... kinda a joke.
- Guhle basically giving them the 3rd goal.

The team played arguably the best team in the league and didn't give an inch... there are a lot of positives to take form it, that being said same problem we will have all season
We just cant finish... we would really benefit from a top 6 scorer that can help the PP. If our PP was at leagues average, wed be in a playoff spot right now.

Its unfortunate cause its prob not worth pickin up a top 6 goal scorer, but when manson comes back our defense should be pretty solid, and our offense with another legit scoring option would be good enough to get into the playoffs in my book.
Agreed. And the West is so bad that they’ll be close enough to have the opportunity.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Terry has performed pretty damn well the last 5-7 games and has some good production to back it up. What games are you watching?

It’s a process with the young guys. You’d prefer old players that can’t skate?
Terry needs much more strenght. He can't play to his strenghts right now, it looks like he is 2 years away untill he builds his body for NHL hockey. He's very exciting but he would be better off spending most of the year in a gym somewhere in San Diego.
That "has some production to back it up" is more of a compliment to Getz, I believe.

I'm still a fan of Terry btw.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Competed well, didn't back down. Lost due to the offside challenge and Guhle brainfart. Thought Getzlaf, Lindholm, and Miller stood out.
id add deslauriers to that list... he had a really good game to the point i wouldnt mind seeing him as an everyday player... hes not going to be a top 6 player but he is impactful when he is on the ice, causes a bit of chaos, and isnt a liability

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Terry needs much more strenght. He can't play to his strenghts right now, it looks like he is 2 years away untill he builds his body for NHL hockey. He's very exciting but he would be better off spending most of the year in a gym somewhere in San Diego.
That "has some production to back it up" is more of a compliment to Getz, I believe.

Pretty much this, I think terry should be down in AHL filling out his body a bit more... he has the skills but he lacks the strength. I dont think there is much benefit for him being up with the big club at this point in time.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Terry is more skills competition than NHL top sixer at this point. We'll see if he can improve his strength, win some puck battles, and improve his production.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mod edit
We don't have anyone on our back end that you get excited for when they touch the puck... I remember watching Montour and every time he got the puck in his own end or at the point, id get excited because of the potential of something big happening.... at the end of the day Montour has a dynamic offensive skill set... and that's what our blue line lacks right now.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Terry does have 3 points in his last 6 games. I’d wait until his next slump before sending him down.
Idk that it has much to do with his actual production(at least for me) as why id send him down.... its more just the lost board battles and being knocked off the puck too easy... he has looked better the last 5 or so games... but I think long term he could get a lot more from more time in the AHL working on his strength and confidence.

Reactions: Kalv

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Pretty much this, I think terry should be down in AHL filling out his body a bit more... he has the skills but he lacks the strength. I dont think there is much benefit for him being up with the big club at this point in time.

Its a dead season...let the kid play as many games as possible. You learn more against a black belt than u do against another white belt

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Idk that it has much to do with his actual production(at least for me) as why id send him down.... its more just the lost board battles and being knocked off the puck too easy... he has looked better the last 5 or so games... but I think long term he could get a lot more from more time in the AHL working on his strength and confidence.
I think his confidence could go up, but he’s not going to put on muscle until the offseason.

I would wait because he’s done everything he’s been told he needed to work on. He’s been more aggressive going to the crease than most of the other forwards, he’s looking to get shots, and he’s been way less cute. I don’t think you reward that with a demotion, I think you let him keep doing it and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bergey37

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tracey better be a first liner or really good 2nd liner
I like traceys game, hes doing well considering hes on a bad team(im hoping maybe he gets traded at some point to a better team)… but hes a ways away from being a NHL player. I thought we kinda reached a bit for him at 29(considering we had the 39)…. I think there was a good chance we got him at 39. I also thought we reached a bit on Lacomb (granted we didn't have a 3rd round pick, so if thats the guy we wanted and didn't think hed be there in 4th we basically had to grab him)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I actually liked Terry and Steel’s game tonight, Getz showed why he wears the “C”. Was good that Henrique broke his goalless drought had a very good game. Guhle is not good, the turnover are bad, hopefully he sits when Manson gets back. But still feel they need outside help to improve this D.

In my little fantasy world, they won this game. F the Refs, Caps, and the NHL. Heck they gave Getzlaf 1st star of the game and they lost. Hmmmm..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Also... I really liked Henrique on the wing... I know its tough to move him off center... but id be curious to see how something like
Henrique Getz Terry
Rakell Steel Silf
Ritchie Lundy Kase
Des Grant Rowney

Could swap Lundy/steel if lundy worked better with his countrymen

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
The damn misconducts they’re giving out these days are just ridiculous. The league has used that as a blanket penalty to curb fighting, and it’s also become a power trip move for the refs... so sick of it.

anyway, same old stuff as everyone else has mentioned. Why don’t they feed Terry more bacon. Dude has so much potential, but is still so weak on the puck/body.

Getz was great. Even Caps broadcasters were spewing the love.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Also... I really liked Henrique on the wing... I know its tough to move him off center... but id be curious to see how something like
Henrique Getz Terry
Rakell Steel Silf
Ritchie Lundy Kase
Des Grant Rowney

Could swap Lundy/steel if lundy worked better with his countrymen
Well, Ritchie looked like he might be done for more than just tonight, so I imagine Comtois will stay up for awhile. If they want Jones to continue to work on his PK skills in SD, the could bring up Lundestrom and keep Rico on the wing for awhile. That could be pretty interesting.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Oct 18, 2011
Terry does have 3 points in his last 6 games. I’d wait until his next slump before sending him down.
He looks better but he tries to stick handle way too much and it leads to the D making easy turnovers and the puck going back the other way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->