GDT: Game 29: Devils @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 6PM - FREE DUCLAIR

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Besides scoring strome had some nice defensive plays too. He may just stay up.

Strome and the Duke had tremendous games. Strome back checked hard, fought hard along the boards and set up Keller and I think it was Richardson with nice passes. His skating, using his body has improved dramatically. Duke did everything well last night and there is no reason to believe he will be scratched if he continues that kind of play. The team still has to find consistency as that second period was not good. The talent is there, so there should be no excuse not to do it consistently.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome had 1 goal, +2, 2 shots, a hit and a block, along with 2 takeaways in 11:30 of icetime.

That's a good statline, hope he can build off of it.

He played a great game. Is a different play from a year ago. I stated two years ago Strome will be better than Domi and I still stand by that. If he can repeat that effort most games it will be a huge boost for the team. Same as Duclair, he has to find that consistency.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Strome and the Duke had tremendous games. Strome back checked hard, fought hard along the boards and set up Keller and I think it was Richardson with nice passes. His skating, using his body has improved dramatically. Duke did everything well last night and there is no reason to believe he will be scratched if he continues that kind of play. The team still has to find consistency as that second period was not good. The talent is there, so there should be no excuse not to do it consistently.
Yep, Strome and Duke looked good away from the puck, caused some turnovers too. If they can both do that consistently, they will stay in the lineup. Their points will come, no doubt. Great to see a monster 5-0 win, even though the Devils looked pretty bad on D. Vegas will be ready tonight and plays solid D, but we are do for a win streak:)

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
RrxNbzB.jpg

#D.StromeFace

zz

Nov 1, 2006
That was a really fun game. Outside of a horrendous second period that was all Wedge, our passing, play making, transition, zone entry were impressive. Gone are the days of boring dump and chase.

I understand the board's frustration with Duclair's benching, but why so bitter about Strome not being called earlier? To me, all this shows is were finally preparing our prospects the right way. Him coming 9n board and producing after 3 games is exactly what we want. So on this one, I'm actually crediting management for making the right call.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I understand the board's frustration with Duclair's benching, but why so bitter about Strome not being called earlier? To me, all this shows is were finally preparing our prospects the right way. Him coming 9n board and producing after 3 games is exactly what we want. So on this one, I'm actually crediting management for making the right call.
For me it was just how it was handled. I had no problem with Strome spending time in the A, but those deficiencies in his game should have been spotted in training camp. Having him start with the team to only send him down after two games just screamed poor talent evaluation to me.

Reactions: zz

cobra427

May 6, 2012
For me it was just how it was handled. I had no problem with Strome spending time in the A, but those deficiencies in his game should have been spotted in training camp. Having him start with the team to only send him down after two games just screamed poor talent evaluation to me.
I agree, but think Chayka/Tocc gave him the benefit of the doubt because he was a high pick and they had their own high expectations. I hope his play away from the puck continues, if so, Strome will stick. I have no doubt he will produce points, world class vision and talent.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Sounds like you and i have to stop watching for a while. Haha

I don’t want Crouse up here. Merkley is interesting, but Crouse needs to offensively dominate at least one league in his lifetime

Yeesh I hope I'm not the jinx. If Crouse was up we'd have two legit power forwards instead of just Fischer. I love watching crouse. Not sure if he'll ever be a big time scorer but he has the size and speed to be developed in the NHL right now.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Couldn't post... busy weekend but was such a pleasure watching this game! So glad to see Strome, Duke, etc etc do well. Yotes needed a game like this, especially at home.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad