GDT: Game 29: Blackhawks (15-9-4) @ Predators (14-9-5) 12/10/15 7:00 pm CT CSNC,FSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Interesting double standard here

Craw stands on his head and gives up a softie = Awful game ,, You simply cant allow that goal

Darling makes some big saves but allows a few questionable goals = You cant pin this on him ,, Yes he allowed some bad goals but he made some great saves

Darling has been shaky all year and has yet to play up to ability he showed last year

No you're right. It was Darling and Bickell that were the big problems in this game. FFS.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Craw stands on his head and gives up a softie = Awful game ,, You simply cant allow that goal

Darling makes some big saves but allows a few questionable goals = You cant pin this on him ,, Yes he allowed some bad goals but he made some great saves

Darling has been shaky all year and has yet to play up to ability he showed last year

I don't agree at all. If it was Crow in net last night under the ridiculous barrage Darling was in the first period and gave up the exact same 3 goals most would not have blamed him. That first period was beyond ridiculous, as Bobby said Darling was left alone one on one a ridiculous amount of times. Q said after the game it was the worst period he has ever seen from a Hawks team and I agree with that assessment. The entire team except Darling and Shaw were not ready to play and Nashvillecwas fired up.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison

This. All of this.

These weren't back door tap ins coz a guy was left alone nor were they shots through traffic that he couldn't see.

Darling saw all 4.

Crawford would have been expected to get all four or it would have been proof that he's just not a top tier goalie and he's being overpaid and we should have just traded him and gone with Darling and Ranta, etc, etc, etc...

I find it hilarious that the posters giving Darling a pass don't see their own hypocrisy.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

I do agree with this mostly. We as a fan base are extremely critical of Crow, for whatever reason that's just how it is.

Darling played well last night, and while he could have done better, he certainly could have done a lot worse.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Darling makes some big saves but allows a few questionable goals = You cant pin this on him ,, Yes he allowed some bad goals but he made some great saves.

No where does it say that he gets a pass. What is being argued is that the goals he let in were not softies. The 2 Neal goals were sa able but not soft. The other 2 he had no chance on. Again no passes were given so don't claim there were. If Crow does this my reaction and breakdown of the plays is the same.

This. All of this.

These weren't back door tap ins coz a guy was left alone nor were they shots through traffic that he couldn't see.

Darling saw all 4.

Crawford would have been expected to get all four or it would have been proof that he's just not a top tier goalie and he's being overpaid and we should have just traded him and gone with Darling and Ranta, etc, etc, etc...

I find it hilarious that the posters giving Darling a pass don't see their own hypocrisy.

This is not house league. James Neal is a sniper and no one can argue that. Darling could of had his 2 goals but again they were no where near weak.

Saw all 4? Again this not house league 2 goals were breakaway/semi breakaway and the other 2 he was hung out to dry. No offense but you don't really know what you are talking about on this. No pass was given and the name on the back of the jersey does not change how how I break down a game.

Keep Raanta and trade Darling? Darling is overpaid? What are you talking about? Darling is on a cheap deal and is no where close to being overpaid. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Anyone who listened to Scott Powers show yesterday, one of the topics was the Hawks lack of possession with this year's team. I wonder what the teams possession numbers were last night in the first period? Pretty dam dismal, I'd say.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I do agree with this mostly. We as a fan base are extremely critical of Crow, for whatever reason that's just how it is.

Darling played well last night, and while he could have done better, he certainly could have done a lot worse.

I might be true most critical of our goalies and I look at Darling the same way. Other are more critical of Crow because he makes 7x more than Darling but that is not how I look at it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone who listened to Scott Powers show yesterday, one of the topics was the Hawks lack of possession with this year's team. I wonder what the teams possession numbers were last night in the first period? Pretty dam dismal, I'd say.

His show with Hedger? Solid show.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No you're right. It was Darling and Bickell that were the big problems in this game. FFS.

It is true, specifically with you. What if that was Crawford in net last night and those exact same goals happened? Would you be defending the play of Crawford? I haven't seen one person blame last nights loss on Darling. They simply said he didn't look very good.

I only saw 15mins of the 1st, but he didn't look comfortable in net at all. Yes, he had a ton of shots and scoring chances, he made some really nice saves, but he also let in a couple of questionable goals that Crawford would be scolded for, and don't tell me otherwise.

I realize it was his first game in a little while, and he probably needs more consistent playing time to get more comfortable, but I don't see anything wrong with calling his goaltending questionable last night.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Darling's overall game is great. Really, the goals in close were indicative of a guy who hasn't seen any in game action. They were little plays around the crease that his reflexes weren't up to speed for, stuff you can't really practice. That's how it's going to be unless he sees consistent action.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It is true, specifically with you. What if that was Crawford in net last night and those exact same goals happened? Would you be defending the play of Crawford? I haven't seen one person blame last nights loss on Darling. They simply said he didn't look very good.

I only saw 15mins of the 1st, but he didn't look comfortable in net at all. Yes, he had a ton of shots and scoring chances, he made some really nice saves, but he also let in a couple of questionable goals that Crawford would be scolded for, and don't tell me otherwise.

I realize it was his first game in a little while, and he probably needs more consistent playing time to get more comfortable, but I don't see anything wrong with calling his goaltending questionable last night.

He wasn't shakey I the first but he was scrambling but there was a reason for that.

One note about the game that has nothing to do with the goalies, we have 8-9 grade A scoring chances last night that did not go in. Rinne played well but AA and AP had 5 of them. While it does not fix our issues it is worth noting that we normally score on at least a third of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad