GDT: Game #29 • "House of Horrors" • Oilers @ Wild • Dec 12 2022 • 6:00 PM • SN1/CHED

Most annoying team to play against in the last few years?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT MUSIC

-

1670832436348.png

-

OILERS LINES

-

WILD LINES

TBA

-

I'M BUSY MAKING A POLL. I'LL BE RIGHT BACK...

Last edited:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Minny for sure. Before last game I swear their shooting % against us was like 30%.
Leafs are a close second as they have our number pretty good and always play us hard. Also, after a win, their fans annoint some random players the McDavid stopper. I'm pretty sure they once said Holl was the ultimate McDavid kryptonite

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Skinner better be playing again.

Can anyone doubt this guy is a premier NHL starter? Some of us recognized it last year...

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The goaltender choice for this one is an interesting debate.

Not sure which I would do. Leaning towards Campbell for this one and Skinner against Nashville. Skinner tonight and Campbell tomorrow is more risk/reward. We are usually money against Nashville but its back to back and Campbell if he doesnt play well, could cost us 2 points.

Hopefully we get a decent start from Campbell either way. Thats what we need. (Well if Campbell starts against Minnesota - we likely need a good start from him, not a decent one if we want to win).

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
it is, and always will be, the Leafs for me. The undeserved arrogance of the Leafs fans and media is something I just can't stomach. They act like their team is the New England Patriots, Pats fans were pretty arrogant for a decade plus, but they kinda had a good reason to be, they kept winning. The Leafs haven't even seen the 2nd round in 20 years ,or even a Stanley Cup finals appearance since 1967, let alone actually won anything.

The complete lack of self awareness of what a sad franchise the Leafs have been for the past 55 years is astounding. Yet, every year is "their year" and every kinda good Leafs player is the best thing since *insert former mediocre yet ridiculously overrated Leafs player here*

Even Marner's points streak, while impressive, is really not when you think relative to the fact that the Leafs have been around for over 100 years. It's actually quite sad that the record was only 18 games. But yet, you'd think he broke Gretzky's 51 game streak with the hype from the media and fans....god, what a gross franchise and fan base.

Oh ya, Minnesota can eat a bag of dicks too...

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
it is, and always will be, the Leafs for me. The undeserved arrogance of the Leafs fans and media is something I just can't stomach. They act like their team is the New England Patriots, Pats fans were pretty arrogant for a decade plus, but they kinda had a good reason to be, they kept winning. The Leafs haven't even seen the 2nd round in 20 years ,or even a Stanley Cup finals appearance since 1967, let alone actually won anything.

The complete lack of self awareness of what a sad franchise the Leafs have been for the past 55 years is astounding. Yet, every year is "their year" and every kinda good Leafs player is the best thing since *insert former mediocre yet ridiculously overrated Leafs player here*

Even Marner's points streak, while impressive, is really not when you think relative to the fact that the Leafs have been around for over 100 years. It's actually quite sad that the record was only 18 games. But yet, you'd think he broke Gretzky's 51 game streak with the hype from the media and fans....god, what a gross franchise and fan base.

Oh ya, Minnesota can eat a bag of dicks too...

51 point streak .... haha ... f*cking Gretzky ... insane

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Curious as to who starts. I would think Campbell. I never thought I would have less trust in a goalie than Kosko, but here we are. Every shot that goes to Campbell has me scared. It's an auto 4/5 goals allowed. I really hope we have some miracle and he starts turning it around. If he doesn't at all this year, Holland should be fired for that alone.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The goaltender choice for this one is an interesting debate.

Not sure which I would do. Leaning towards Campbell for this one and Skinner against Nashville. Skinner tonight and Campbell tomorrow is more risk/reward. We are usually money against Nashville but its back to back and Campbell if he doesnt play well, could cost us 2 points.

Hopefully we get a decent start from Campbell either way. Thats what we need. (Well if Campbell starts against Minnesota - we likely need a good start from him, not a decent one if we want to win).

The way I see it is unless Campbell has a miraculous turnaround it will be impossible to beat the Wild with him in net. I do think it's possible to beat Nashville though because we will basically be starting the game up 2-0 on account of the two goal minimum Leon posts on them every time we play them.

Skinner then Campbell gives us the best chance at 4 point IMO. I kind of see this week as an inflection point in the season with the Kings and Kraken stumbling a bit. If we can find a way to win the next 4 games (which I think is very doable) then we really put ourselves in the driver's seat.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
As for the poll ... not sure.

Calgary - I personally always feel uncomfortable playing Calgary. Dirty team. Always concerned about someone getting hurt.

LA - Kind of similar to Calgary. Borderline dirty team that plays hard. Just hate them.

Minnesota - We seldom win. Dont have the same level of anxiety playing them. Its mostly just apathy because I never expect to win.

Toronto - Just feels like they have our number (especially in the Canadian division year). The media makes it unbearable.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The way I see it is unless Campbell has a miraculous turnaround it will be impossible to beat the Wild with him in net. I do think it's possible to beat Nashville though because we will basically be starting the game up 2-0 on account of the two goal minimum Leon posts on them every time we play them.

Skinner then Campbell gives us the best chance at 4 point IMO. I kind of see this week as an inflection point in the season with the Kings and Kraken stumbling a bit. If we can find a way to win the next 4 games (which I think is very doable) then we really put ourselves in the driver's seat.

Agreed, that I think 4 points is near impossible at this point if Campbell starts tonight.

I'd rather get 2 points than 0 points though. Tough call though.

Might be better to just go big or go home though. Maybe a Campbell win against Nashville helps him turn it around a bit.

Reactions: K1984

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
You play Skinner tonight and leave Campbell to man the net against Nashville. We need to bury the mentality of losing to the Wild right now. No better way than back to back wins against them wth the 2nd being in their barn.
My thoughts as well. I’d give Campbell Preds and Ducks this week and basically let Skinner have everything else until the back to back at the end of December.

Kid is feeling it and it seems to be giving the team confidence as they are starting to slowly shape up in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad