GDT: Game # 28 | Wings @ Caps | 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
We had 1 power play...??? I agree we need to get it going but this is not the game you use as an example

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Does Gus not know everyone in the NHL knows his shootout move by now?

Can he try like 1 other one once in a while?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Puck rolled on Nyquist. He does need to alternate the move some, but I like it in general. He has three points of release there to score, when the puck rolls on him though at speed he is in trouble. Holtby knew he could not wrist it and had to pull it in and the roof backhand is going to be tough at that point.

I still don't mind the move, but he needs to sometimes fire the wrister and sometimes go backhand roof, guys are now cheating to the five hole. When the puck rolls it is the best option and he was done tonight.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Site isn't loading right so guess this is the PGT.

Good games by all the whipping boys, Smith Jurco and Howard. Too bad Howard has to go out on that note after he had a good game.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
It becomes more and more clear every game that our beloved euro twins are not the anchors of the team anymore.

Datsyuk is not a first tier hockey player any longer. It's sad, but it had to happen eventually.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think Howard should've had Oshie's for sure but Kuznetzov made a great move.

Pav's move just looked lazy.

BTW I love that Nyquie move but I'm sure if he came at a goalie with a different approach next time they'd be like ****!

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
You get screwed over by the refs throughout all the game, finally a perfectly timed PP to make the difference but u **** it up by pass pass pass pass pass,
let's rather not shoot. What is it with our effing PP? Pathetic.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
It seriously blows my mind how bad that PP was. It really looked like everyone was trying to stay as far away from the Caps as possible to avoid getting cooties or something.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
Predictability is your worst enemy in the Shootout. Nyquist and Datsyuk do the exact same thing every shot with limited results. Part of what makes Oshie so effective is A) his ability to produce goals in different ways during shootouts and b) the fact goalies know he can produce goals in different ways in the shootout.
Thats why Dats used to be great because goalies had to respect the fact that the puck could fly into a parallel dimension and out of his eyes into the net at any moment.

And whatever the **** Kuznetov did there to make Howard look like an goof was gnarly. Not many goalies stopping that one.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
It becomes more and more clear every game that our beloved euro twins are not the anchors of the team anymore.

Datsyuk is not a first tier hockey player any longer. It's sad, but it had to happen eventually.

Well that's certainly a.) premature and b.) simply not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad