Nate Schmidt|John Carlson

Karl Alzner|Matt Niskanen

Dmitry Orlov|Taylor Chorney

Starting Goaltender
Braden Holtby

Last edited:

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Both goalies have been bad for their past 5 starts or so. At this point, idc who is in net as long as they play well. Hopefully no softies tonight. Both have had a problem with that lately.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Last time we played in Washington, Howard (unsurprisingly) mishandled the puck behind the net, tore his groin trying to recover, and ended up letting in the goal anyway.

He was taken off the ice on a stretcher.

Howard would miss months, and would never regain form even after he returned.

Mrazek got his first start in the playoffs and performed admirably. Howard has slowly been losing his starting job ever since.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Last time we played in Washington, Howard (unsurprisingly) mishandled the puck behind the net, tore his groin trying to recover, and ended up letting in the goal anyway.

He was taken off the ice on a stretcher.

Howard would miss months, and would never regain form even after he returned.

Mrazek got his first start in the playoffs and performed admirably. Howard has slowly been losing his starting job ever since.

Mrazek hasn't played well the past few games. The bias against Howard on this board is hilarious. I have no problem with Howard starting tonight after Mrazek's past few games. That's the benefit of having two good goalies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Mrazek hasn't played well the past few games. The bias against Howard on this board is hilarious. I have no problem with Howard starting tonight after Mrazek's past few games. That's the benefit of having two good goalies.

After having solid starts, they've both been kind of struggling. I don't have any problem going with Howard either.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why is Howard in? Why wouldn't you go with the guy who singlehandedly won the game for us 1-0? And played well enough to win the 2nd game. I can honestly say Holtby is better than Howard at this point. Soft serve comin up tonight.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why is Howard in? Why wouldn't you go with the guy who singlehandedly won the game for us 1-0? And played well enough to win the 2nd game. I can honestly say Holtby is better than Howard at this point. Soft serve comin up tonight.

Because Mrazek has a .890 save% and a 3.25 GAA in his last 4 games(2-0-2). Jimmy has a .908 and a 2.5 in his last 4 (4-0-0).
It also saves Petr for Montreal.

Really not a bad move. Jimmy and Mrazek have both been good this year, plus Mrazek probably should've had 2 of those 3 Weber goals.

Such a joke that people treat Jimmy Howard like he's Bernier.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Because Mrazek has a .890 save% and a 3.25 GAA in his last 4 games(2-0-2). Jimmy has a .908 and a 2.5 in his last 4 (4-0-0).
It also saves Petr for Montreal.

Really not a bad move. Jimmy and Mrazek have both been good this year, plus Mrazek probably should've had 2 of those 3 Weber goals.

Such a joke that people treat Jimmy Howard like he's Bernier.

I don't get it either. I want Jimmy to split starts and play well. We are eventually going to need to trade him and that won't happen if he doesn't prove he is a competent starter.

Petr is our goalie of the future but he is still inconsistent. He has a rough few games, keep them rotating.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You can honestly say that Holtby is better than Mrazek too, Holtby is 8th in S% and 3rd in GAA..................

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

Yea! Why don't coaches just do exactly what worked in one game previously, instead of carefully analyzing all the other factors they have available to them!

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
Are you insinuating that the disparity between Mrazek and Howard is the same as Daryl Strawberry and Homer Simpson?

I might be! But who is Homerin' Homer and who is the Straw in my insinuation? Well, Mr. Ilitch had done it; the pizza plant had won it, with Glendening clucking all the while... Abdelkader's tragic contract made us smile...

Or really just indicating my amusement at the general idea of "playing the percentages," regardless of which starter one prefers, when either should wholly suffice provided the rest of the team shows up to the game, maybe actually scoring some goals for a change against this particular opponent, and limiting their stupid penalties so we don't have to sit around and watch Ovechkin camp at the top of the circle all night practicing one-timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille