Post-Game Talk: GAME 28 - The B's entered the Winner's Circle at Belmont Park - BRUINS 5 Fishsticks 4 F/SO

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Both debrusk and freddy keep disappearing. They both need to sit a game. Debrusk will likely whine and want out again.
I’m a big fan of Debrusk always have been but man he really needs to step it up Freddy also .I’m not even sure Debrusk tried on the shootout,I guess he was going 5 hole ,but didn’t really get the goalie moving for that.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I’m a big fan of Debrusk always have been but man he really needs to step it up Freddy also .I’m not even sure Debrusk tried on the shootout,I guess he was going 5 hole ,but didn’t really get the goalie moving for that.
Freddy looked like he was skating in mud last night. JDB played at about 3/4 speed some shifts. I wonder if TF is hurt? That was a surprisingly fast paced game in spots, and Freddy was the slowest player on either team. (Even JVR had him beat..)

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
After a lackluster first pd the Bs willed that win. Horrific reffing. Depleted lineup. Playing on the road against one of the hottest teams in the NHL. Ullmark put together one of the best games by a goalie in recent years, and that's saying a lot given how great the Bs goaltending has been in that time. Heroic save after heroic save. Just incredible. No star for him -- hilarious.

Going into the game I thought getting 1 pt would have been awesome. Walking away with 2 pts is huge since the Bs face the Rangers tomorrow night. Props to Geekie for being excellent again. JVR is the gift that keeps on giving. Shatty was pretty bad in his own zone, but he made two very nice assists. Coyle and Pasta delivered big time in the SO.

Put that young ref on Musk's rocket to Mars. Horrific calls against the Bs all night, including the pathetic call against Pasta when the Islander lost an edge and fell. Great that the Bs were able to overcome so many pure crap calls in the same game.

Tremendous win considering the odds were stacked against the Bs tonight. The boys are holding the fort down while McAvoy, Zacha, and Forbort heal.
I said after the 3rd Bs' goal that they would get a penalty called on them soon. Amazing how often that happens.

some people don’t count goalies as part of the team when evaluating the teams overall performance, it’s very bizarre

If you have to say “they got lucky they got good goaltending” every game then is it really luck? Or is it actually a feature of this team? They have 2 of the best goalies in the league, of course they are going to depend on them heavily. It’s their biggest strength- by far too.
If you don't have good goaltending, you have nothing. The Bs have great goaltending; nothing lucky about it. Biggest strength of the team.

Last edited:

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I said after the 3rd Bs' goal that they would get a penalty called on them soon. Amazing how often that happens.

If you don't have good goaltending, you have nothing. The Bs have great goaltending; nothing lucky about it. Biggest strength of the team.
Talking about penalties, is there anywhere to find out the win/loss ratio with Rooney reffing our games? I myself can't recall a win!

Reactions: Gordoff

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
The last shootout Jake was in he fired a hard shot about shoulder high and scored. This latest attempt was ridiculous . No concentration ,just a lazy shot along the ice into the pad. Makes me think he has the bug or some other problem.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It does happen quite a bit. On the flip side of the stick lift by Coyle getting called a penalty that you are referring to, 6 seconds after Holmstrom's goal in the 2nd pd Gauthier got called for a penalty (not a great call) and Geekie scored the Bs first goal shortly after.

Rough night for Hebert and Halkidis. I don't think they had it in for one team over another, but they definitely had a horrible game last night. No feel. Trigger happy.

Interestingly, Hebert was the lead official in the game against NJ just a couple nights before. He and Lee completely swallowed their whistles most of the game, especially down the stretch. Just shows how inconsistent NHL officiating is. Two games in a row with the same lead official. One of the games neither team can buy a call. Next game, phantom calls galore. Has to drive the players up the wall.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Hey guys - can anyone tell me what happened to Jack Edwards? His speach is definitely not what it used to be. Sorry if this as been brought up before here... Thanks.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hey guys - can anyone tell me what happened to Jack Edwards? His speach is definitely not what it used to be. Sorry if this as been brought up before here... Thanks.
We all think it is a health issue...has been for over a year.

Someone I know had a stroke and had some of the same speech issues that Jack does. I am not saying that is what is wrong, but it is not (as some have said it was) that he has been drinking.

I feel bad for him.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Talking about penalties, is there anywhere to find out the win/loss ratio with Rooney reffing our games? I myself can't recall a win!
Not including the playoffs, the Bruins are 9-8 with Rooney reffing since the 2020-2021 season. 0-3 this season.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
It does happen quite a bit. On the flip side of the stick lift by Coyle getting called a penalty that you are referring to, 6 seconds after Holmstrom's goal in the 2nd pd Gauthier got called for a penalty (not a great call) and Geekie scored the Bs first goal shortly after.

Rough night for Hebert and Halkidis. I don't think they had it in for one team over another, but they definitely had a horrible game last night. No feel. Trigger happy.

Interestingly, Hebert was the lead official in the game against NJ just a couple nights before. He and Lee completely swallowed their whistles most of the game, especially down the stretch. Just shows how inconsistent NHL officiating is. Two games in a row with the same lead official. One of the games neither team can buy a call. Next game, phantom calls galore. Has to drive the players up the wall.
Yes, sometimes it's just incompetence. I always said that the biggest problem with NHL officiating is that they are trained to "manage" the game, not referee it. In all my years of referring soccer, I never managed a game, other than grudge matches, where I made sure to call it tight to keep the game under control. An early yellow card seemed to keep them in line.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
What drives me crazy is how late he often is on the goal calls.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Great win, I thought Linus ( ;) to Ladyfan) was great, saved the game IMO.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Heinen has been more valuable than most Bruins since signing. He is playing solid hockey and using his body to contribute . You do not have to be driving players through the glass. To be playing physically but simply be willing to make the physical plays required to win puck battles. Several players in the Bruin line could learn a lot from watching how Heinen is playing.

I was not a fan of the PTO or signing, but you're right. He's been a very valuable contributor. I hope that continues.

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Bee in his bonnet Pasta is when he is at his best. Through tough regular season slog, there are those times when he puts it into overdrive. Similarly, I thought that he took that last game vs. TOR as a showdown against AM and had one of his best of the year.

The Geek Freak is starting to show something. Hope he keeps it up.

Shattenkirk still has gas left it seems, at least on the PP. JVR with the nice Crosby deflection off of his great slap pass was a beaut. JVR also getting half his points on the PP. Bs 5 on 5 play to be improved.

Linus still looks like he's not 100%. Dr. Recchi I know, but some movements seem laboured.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
What drives me crazy is how late he often is on the goal calls.

As noted previously, I generally watch the games with no volume this season. I like both, but it's time to move on from Jack and Brick. I'm glad they're here for the centennial, and they deserve to be. But I hope there is a change. It's time.

I feel bad for Jack. I hope he's okay.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad