Post-Game Talk: GAME 28 - The B's entered the Winner's Circle at Belmont Park - BRUINS 5 Fishsticks 4 F/SO

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Anyone who understands the most basic things about hockey should understand that goaltending is strength . It is the Bruins strength. Let's embrace it.

That Pasta OT goal was awesome. Something few players could pull off. Don't know why he doesn't resort to it more often.

Ullmark came through big time. totally the key difference maker tonight. Turned a 3-0 game into a 2-1 game with one spectacular save.

Geekie has been nothing short of awesome since he's been given a shot. I would ride that pony , see where he's heading.

19 points in 27 games for JVR. Time to own up all you haters. # speed kills

All of this without our 1C and 1 D , let's raise a glass. losing to any team is understandable in those circumstances.

Probably Lohrie's best game as Bruin. Besides producing the game tying goal , forcing the OT , He played some awesome D too.

Coyle quietly flying under the radar.

Shatty a -2 despie scoring 2 points !! ............. Yes, I know.

Isn't it time for Lauko to sit a game out. Meanwhile coach is sitting Poitras.

Road win against a surging team, I'll take that every time.

Worterspoon , way more reliable than we were expecting , No?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
An unexpected win given the early flow of the game favoring the islanders. Special team play, a never give up attitude and excellent goaltending carried the day.

But poor 5 on 5 play is not a recipe for long term success. The B's need McAvoy, Zacha and Forbort back to steady the ship, plus key roster improvements. There have a some trades recently so perhaps GM Sweeney can make something happen.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
The Pro Scout who was "pounding the table" to sign Geekie is pounding it again and saying "I told you so"! Say what you will about Shattenkirk's play in the D zone, but in the O zone and on the PP he gets the point. Linus gave up four but saved oh so many more.

Pasta to the Ref before the shootout winner.

" You thought you saw an imaginary trip, here watch this I'll shoot from the hip"

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IMG_8072.jpeg
IMG_8073.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wow, this sure went off topic. I almost prefer it when they lose. ;)

We've seen the B's snatch defeat from the jaws of victory recently; this felt the opposite, which was nice for a change.

The PK misses Forbort, but when your goalie is your best penalty killer, you can withstand.

The depth players make mistakes, and aren't winning games right now; but they aren't costing games, either. So eat minutes, give others a rest, and hopefully at some point they contribute some offense.

Mike Reilly has seemingly found a home with the Islanders. He's playing important minutes and likely stays in the lineup when the Isles' top two D return.
They need to take all of this garbage to some OT thread.

Forbort is missed for sure...Charlie Mac too.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Safe to say we don't even come close in that game without Ullmark.

Geekie has really seized the moment but otherwise not overly impressed with the team as a whole.

Heinen is more valuable to this team right now than DeBrusk. Imagine how you'd have been laughed at if you predicted that in the off season.

Going to have to be MUCH better to beat the Rangers.
Heinen has been more valuable than most Bruins since signing. He is playing solid hockey and using his body to contribute . You do not have to be driving players through the glass. To be playing physically but simply be willing to make the physical plays required to win puck battles. Several players in the Bruin line could learn a lot from watching how Heinen is playing.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Heinen has been more valuable than most Bruins since signing. He is playing solid hockey and using his body to contribute . You do not have to be driving players through the glass. To be playing physically but simply be willing to make the physical plays required to win puck battles. Several players in the Bruin line could learn a lot from watching how Heinen is playing.
I so agree.

I always liked Danton, but he is playing better than I thought he would, and it is at a time when the Bs really need players to step up.

Seems like a couple of players are in a slump. I get that, but some need to pick themselves up and get going. You can only be a passenger for so long before you are replaced.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I thought Wotherspoon was a pleasant surprise tonight. Didn’t look out of place. Nothing fancy, but he logged Top 4 mins and was even on the night.

Coyle needs to get better on faceoffs. 30% from the dot ain’t gonna cut it.
I thought he tried hard but was pretty bad myself. But he’s 9D can’t expect too much more.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Both debrusk and freddy keep disappearing. They both need to sit a game. Debrusk will likely whine and want out again.
I disagree with this statement . I am certainly not saying I am not hoping for more from both DeBrusk and Freddy . I have seen areas of improvement from both of them from last year. DeBrusk has become one of there best 200' foot players this year that is not something I would of said before. Freddy defensive play has also improved IMO. Both need to show more in the offensive zone for sure. Also need to start playing more physical ,but that is something that can be said about most this line up

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I disagree with this statement . I am certainly not saying I am not hoping for more from both DeBrusk and Freddy . I have seen areas of improvement from both of them from last year. DeBrusk has become one of there best 200' foot players this year that is not something I would of said before. Freddy defensive play has also improved IMO. Both need to show more in the offensive zone for sure. Also need to start playing more physical ,but that is something that can be said about most this line up
Debrusk gets paid to score. We can get any 4th liner to play defense. Freddy does nothing imo. He skates hard but doesn’t hit anyone. Need more frrom both

I thought Wotherspoon was a pleasant surprise tonight. Didn’t look out of place. Nothing fancy, but he logged Top 4 mins and was even on the night.

Coyle needs to get better on faceoffs. 30% from the dot ain’t gonna cut it.
Yes huge reason why we get hemmed in our defensive zone. Pusck possession is huge for the systems they play

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Geekie is finally finding himself in the spoked B. It has taken awhile but I hope he continues to play well and stays confident. JVR has been a pleasant surprise. Henein has been a great signing. Shattenkirk has been pretty bad but makes up once in a while for his errors. Wotherspoon was okay. Better than Mitchell. I would still bring up Zboril and tell him to take advantage of the situation. It might spark him or give him some trade value. Ullmark won this game for the Bruins. Unbelievable! Pasta delivered big time in the Shoot out. Marchand was cheated out of a goal. It was called a goal on the ice and the refs had no reason to review it unless it was challenged and it wasn't. The young ref was terrible and obviously a continuing issue for the NHL. Questionable decisions by Monty. Bring in Boqvist and play him for 4:47 minutes. Doesn't record anything but a -1. Back to AHL please. Bad signing. There are better options for call ups like Merkulov, Lysell or Farinacci. Also, not sure why Monty didn't call a time out with just around a minute left in the game. The boys were gassed and he was lucky it didn't back fire. Interesting to see his body language this year as it has been a bit of a more difficult road for him. He has been fortunate that players have rose to the occasion and have won games that they probably should have not. Their record is better than the team really has performed. Love the Bruins but there are a lot of holes on this squad. Goaltending has saved their bacon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad