Post-Game Talk: GAME 28 - The B's entered the Winner's Circle at Belmont Park - BRUINS 5 Fishsticks 4 F/SO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1702700901502.png

1702700746717.png

1702700972534.png

1702701048872.png

1702701108373.png

1702701176982.png

1702701256151.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Geekie first star

Looks like a center to me these last 2 games
He’s been the team’s best forward these last two games in my opinion. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I agree. He looks like a C. And a top six center at that .

In the words of Andrew Eldritch: I want more.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
For a portion of the game, the Bruins didn't have an answer to the Islanders' 5 on 5 play. Ullmark may have let in 4 goals, but he made some really important saves to keep the Bruins in the game. Great bounce back win.

Geekie needs to stay at center. It would be nice to see DeBrusk and Frederic pick up their play.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
After a lackluster first pd the Bs willed that win. Horrific reffing. Depleted lineup. Playing on the road against one of the hottest teams in the NHL. Ullmark put together one of the best games by a goalie in recent years, and that's saying a lot given how great the Bs goaltending has been in that time. Heroic save after heroic save. Just incredible. No star for him -- hilarious.

Going into the game I thought getting 1 pt would have been awesome. Walking away with 2 pts is huge since the Bs face the Rangers tomorrow night. Props to Geekie for being excellent again. JVR is the gift that keeps on giving. Shatty was pretty bad in his own zone, but he made two very nice assists. Coyle and Pasta delivered big time in the SO.

Put that young ref on Musk's rocket to Mars. Horrific calls against the Bs all night, including the pathetic call against Pasta when the Islander lost an edge and fell. Great that the Bs were able to overcome so many pure crap calls in the same game.

Tremendous win considering the odds were stacked against the Bs tonight. The boys are holding the fort down while McAvoy, Zacha, and Forbort heal.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Geekie at 2 million jvr at a million danton at 750 and shatty at a million. That's some serious bang for your buck signings I've ever seen.

Gritty, dirty, grind it out type of win. Character win. You need those. Some adversity but you overcome it. Give the boys their props. They battled back every time.

Big win!

You already know the drill!
View attachment 784241

Cue the music!

Good old van dam mione cant go wrong with those dance moves . I just cant do it though.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
After a lackluster first pd the Bs willed that win. Horrific reffing. Depleted lineup. Playing on the road against one of the hottest teams in the NHL. Ullmark put together one of the best games by a goalie in recent years, and that's saying a lot given how great the Bs goaltending has been in that time. Heroic save after heroic save. Just incredible. No star for him -- hilarious.

Going into the game I thought getting 1 pt would have been awesome. Walking away with 2 pts is huge since the Bs face the Rangers tomorrow night. Props to Geekie for being excellent again. JVR is the gift that keeps on giving. Shatty was pretty bad in his own zone, but he made two very nice assists. Coyle and Pasta delivered big time in the SO.

Put that young ref on Musk's rocket to Mars. Horrific calls against the Bs all night, including the pathetic call against Pasta when the Islander lost an edge and fell. Great that the Bs were able to overcome so many pure crap calls in the same game.

Tremendous win considering the odds were stacked against the Bs tonight. The boys are holding the fort down while McAvoy, Zacha, and Forbort heal.
And once they do, put together some stable lines for more than one or two games.

See what you have over a greater "sample size."

🌜💤🛌

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
He’s been the team’s best forward these last two games in my opinion. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I agree. He looks like a C. And a top six center at that .

In the words of Andrew Eldritch: I want more.
I'm not sure he's a top 6 C but I'd sue as hell try to force that option. If he could do a respectable job here , which is all you could reasonably hope for , then he would be he only one playing out of position.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Btw incredible save by Ullmark, or i would have been over at 3-0. (I do not know how I missed it live.) The team needs lots of help.
it really doesn't with goaltending like that. Don't understand how people can't understand that goaltending is as an important strength as goal scoring . Many ways to skin a cat. Goaltending is one of them .

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
it really doesn't with goaltending like that. Don't understand how people can't understand that goaltending is as an important strength as goal scoring . Many ways to skin a cat. Goaltending is one of them .
some people don’t count goalies as part of the team when evaluating the teams overall performance, it’s very bizarre

If you have to say “they got lucky they got good goaltending” every game then is it really luck? Or is it actually a feature of this team? They have 2 of the best goalies in the league, of course they are going to depend on them heavily. It’s their biggest strength- by far too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad