GDT: Game 28: SENS @ HABS | Burnt offerings | Dec. 4, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2, TSN5, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yup. 100%. A duo connecting and another one to do the dirtier work.

Just look at the Mackinnon line, thats exactly how you build a line. Two players with great chemistry and a player that compliments them well.

Just gotta create another with Kotka and Gally/Tatar.

It's done already Kotka and Lekhonen have amazing complimentary skills and feed off eachother. If it wasn't for Armia taking forever to get with the program (and Lekhonen being snake bitten) , they would each have 5 to 10 more points...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's done already Kotka and Lekhonen have amazing complimentary skills and feed off eachother. If it wasn't for Armia taking forever to get with the program , they would each have 5 to 10 more points...
I don't know. Lekhonen feels more like the complimentary piece to me on that line. He doesn't have the offensive skillset to produce enough offense.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Nothing wrong with Tatar, he's a asset like everyone else. You don't make trade for the sake of it, but if you can make a deal that make sense for the team future, then you do it.
I guess that goes for any player on the roster. Just seems some posters are intent on flipping Tatar quickly, and I'm not sure why. He's 3 months older than Gallagher

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I personally would never cheer for the team to lose, never. BUT, if things are hopeless like last year for example, I'm not gonna cry if we lose. Most of the other stuff in just for comic relief.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Tatar can't playmake for Gally on the opposing wing.
omg you guys are either not reading my posts or just ignoring it. I've been asking for 10 times now. Why does Tatar score more points than Gallagher despite being on the 2nd PP wave and the same center? Gallagher was right at the top in goals scored in the NHL early in the season with Danault as his center. Gallagher needs to be better, I have no clue why you and everyone else think I'm talking about Danault.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I haven't commented on that, but I don't feel it's such a bad thing if the mods weed out the overly negative posts that don't serve a purpose.

But a lot of t/a/n/k/ (I'm not getting another **** infraction.) talk is made in jest, so I don't know how much of that is bad.

It's not necessarily a bad thing if it's not restricted to a single idea. This is.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I don't know. Lekhonen feels more like the complimentary piece to me on that line. He doesn't have the offensive skillset to produce enough offense.

I can't say I agree, Lekhonen is still coming into his own as an offensive player but he has a sweet shot that has produced goals from an early age. I can't see how being paired with a fellow countryman that is also a high hockey IQ playmaker isn't the making of a strong duo. Armia was the complimentary piece that wasn't able to finish(no pun intended :sarcasm:) any of the plays at the start of the season.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Alright unleash crazy eyes Weber

Attachments

• D7wE6mi.jpg
    D7wE6mi.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 11

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I guess that goes for any player on the roster. Just seems some posters are intent on flipping Tatar quickly, and I'm not sure why. He's 3 months older than Gallagher
Could be right, we really have to see how the season progresses, I don't mind keeping Tatahhhhhhhh, but also wont mind if he goes for a 1st round pick...if we are in the thick of the playoff race, he will probably stay...

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Gallagher's work ethic is why he scores many goals, and that's why he's had a nice career so far despite the poor C's he's played with and how he's been used. Gallagher with a better player than Danault will result in way more goals. It's not on Danualt per se, but as long as Danult is 2c its a fair criticism given the role.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
omg you guys are either not reading my posts or just ignoring it. I've been asking for 10 times now. Why does Tatar score more points than Gallagher despite being on the 2nd PP wave and the same center? Gallagher was right at the top in goals scored in the NHL early in the season with Danault as his center. Gallagher needs to be better, I have no clue why you and everyone else think I'm talking about Danault.
Small sample size, plus the difference is negligible right now. They need a C that can hold the puck more than one picosecond in the O zone without lsoing it, hes killing the offense of both players.

Tatar also had a crazy hot streak and has considerably cooled off, Gally has 6 points in his last 10 and Tatar has 8, so it's not a huge difference.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
You seem to be criticizing Gallagher so I switch off :nod: Gallagher is my favourite so I will not hear any criticism of him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia