GDT: Game 28: Red Wings at Blues 7:30 pm EST 12/12/23 (ESPN)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Markstrom is old, on IR, has not been good in over a year, and has a full NMC.

I'd rather call up Cossa and just see what we have for a week or two. And to give him an idea of what he's working towards.

Reactions: RRhoads

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
markstrom is also on a far worse team that half of them have said they want to be traded. can only do so much.

What about last season? .892. I don't believe we were a better team than Calgary last year.

On a way worse team. I'd bet Markstrom could do better in Detroit than Husso is.

.892 last year in Calgary who has a better defence then we did.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
View attachment 782807

When he is on decent to good teams, he plays extremely well and has 3 vezina recognitions in top 10.

When he is on bad teams (the last two years and I don't count covid year for anyone) he does not play well. When you have hanifin, kadri, zadorov(then), lindholm express they don't like the outlook of the team and huberdeau is playing like ass (a usual defensive minded player) then you could see that markstrom doesn't really have support out there. Markstrom himself has been in trade talks because other teams are openly scouting their games for a goalie trade and vladar was on stage and another time markstrom was on stage where they won that game with like 10+ teams in attendance (don't think red wings were there).

So yes, he is having a down year so far and last year, but historically, he is actually a pretty good goalie.

To me this is just excuses for him. Most goalies will play better on good teams. Calgary's defence is and was last year as well miles better than anything we have had in a long time. Just because players want out, doesn't mean they aren't playing to their abilities.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
To me this is just excuses for him. Most goalies will play better on good teams. Calgary's defence is and was last year as well miles better than anything we have had in a long time. Just because players want out, doesn't mean they aren't playing to their abilities.

Are you kidding? Kadri, Huberdeau, Lindholm, Mangiapane have been f***ing the dog.

Unhappy players don’t often play to their abilities.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Are you kidding? Kadri, Huberdeau, Lindholm, Mangiapane have been f***ing the dog.

Unhappy players don’t often play to their abilities.

What about last year? They weren't all wanting out last season. Kadri, and Mangiapane are about where they normally produce in pts and Lindholm isn't that far off.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad