Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
im_all_about_the_low_expectations_tshirt-p235827822290106997q9t0_400.jpg

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
Just an FYI for everyone, the Western Michigan Broncos are hosting the Michigan Wolverines in the CCHA quarter finals at 6:30... it'll be on FSD before the Wings play. Detroit doesn't have any draft picks in the game, but you can check out Dan Dekeyser if ya like.

The Wings need to get out of this funk, like really badly. People are going to start treating us like sellers on the main board! :scared:

Edit: Also nice GDT, I dig it.

Last edited:

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
I don't get why some of you say "**** this team" or predict us losing every single game, yet continue to waste your time on this board and watching games.

Go do something more productive than being negative all the time, maybe?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I don't get why some of you say "**** this team" or predict us losing every single game, yet continue to waste your time on this board and watching games.

Some people only know how to be negative. That's how they live life. Must be tough.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

I agree with you 110% about the negativity, but I think it is probably more interesting discussing a team while it struggles/ is changing like ours is. Things could actually happen that are more than just signing a 4th liner or trading picks for a #4/5 dman at the deadline. Like, a coach could potentially leave in the next ~year or so, and maybe Holland makes a big splash? I spent less time on here when we were going to the finals and were stacked, because things were pretty peachy overall. Not that I'm all doom&gloom. And I definitely am getting tired of reading the defeatist posts myself.

RedWingsNow*

I don't get why people like you need to condescend to other people about "how to be a hockey fan and live your life."

Seriously, GTFO with your ****

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Some people only know how to be negative. That's how they live life. Must be tough.

There needs to be balance on all internetboards, if there were no pesimistic/low-expectations-people on this board, it would all be a love and pad-on-the-back board... How productive would that be? No arguments, no different point of views etc.... boring.

Oilers nearly blew that game, by the way
True, but wings don't have the offensive firepower of chicago. If Oilers go up 3 goals wings won't be able to win.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
There needs to be balance on all internetboards, if there were no pesimistic/low-expectations-people on this board, it would all be a love and pad-on-the-back board... How productive would that be? No arguments, no different point of views etc.... boring.

True, but wings don't have the offensive firepower of chicago. If Oilers go up 3 goals wings won't be able to win.

I love balance. There should be objective arguments.. When there is an argument.

Some posters, yourself included, do nothing but take the negative side of things. I don't know if you'd post if they won every game. It gets old.

I equally dislike the otherside though when posters live in a world where everything is sunny and there is no fault.

I like people who call it like they see it with objective eyes. People who are always on one side of things (positive or negative) get old.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Sigh~ when's Abby gonna be off Pavs wing?
When`s Lidstrom coming back from injury? Oh wait....

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Just not feeling confident watching this team on the road. Our lineup isn't even that depleted anymore. I'm not expecting anything really, more curious how they're gonna fare for the rest of the year.

RedWingsNow*

Sigh~ when's Abby gonna be off Pavs wing?
When`s Lidstrom coming back from injury? Oh wait....

I literally want to punch Babcock in the face when I see Abdelkader out there with Datsyuk.

I mean... one day... fine. Two games... geez. Three games. Are you ****ing blind? Four games... You're just trying to **** with me now ...three weeks --- **** this guy

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Everyone is saying this is a must win, but we're 5-3-2 our last 10 (which isn't THAT terrible), and if we win we're in 5th again, and 1 point behind 4th.

It's a "should" win, not a must. You know, just shedding some optimism. :nod:

But seriously, we suck.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I think the "negative" responses/attitude can be shocking to a newer member. I know it was for me.

But as time went on I've grown to appreciate a more critical analysis of the game. The negativity helps me reason out how I myself watch the game and question aspects.

I must say I've also grown to respect and "love" ALL the member here at the Detroit board. Yes, every member. Seriously we all make this what is is. The more the merrier! Oh yea, by the way...

Lets Go Red Wings!

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Everyone is saying this is a must win, but we're 5-3-2 our last 10 (which isn't THAT terrible), and if we win we're in 5th again, and 1 point behind 4th.

But seriously, we suck.

Stop ignoring games played and home games vs road games.

In other words, be objective. The outlook sucks then.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

But seriously, we suck.

Must win. We've played more games than our competition IIRC. And our schedule gets much more difficult the rest of the way.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Stop ignoring games played and home games vs road games.

In other words, be objective. The outlook sucks then.

You want to be objective? There's only one way to be objective. It's not optimism, but it's not pessimism either. Almost every game any team plays these days, the outcome is a coin flip between moving up to 4th or down to 11th.

We need to win these games. Yes. But it's not looking dire yet, because everyone is too close for any predictions. We could be royally screwed, but we could just as easily be fine. Let it run a few weeks and then we'll see if anything changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad