GDT: GAME #28 - Colorado at BRUINS - 12/8 7:00 PM | NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not many teams have backup goaltending under 1m that are any good, that I can think of. Yes they definitely need to up grade that spot but man that Spooner line is just god awful, cannot help carry momentum so team is up and then down when they are on the ice. I would like to see a trade, even fringe player for fringe, something to maybe help wake them up.

Don't think they have anything to make a difference in Providence, maybe but don't see it.

I suggested claiming Garbutt off waivers, who I don't even like, but if it can give this team a jolt, and maybe rid itself of Hayes, even a small move at this stage would be proactive.

Once again, proactively not Sweeney's forte.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
yea...I really dont see anything with Nash as usual...he can have a gold star because sometimes he back checks nice, wins some faceoffs and PK

Literally brings nothing else.

Hayes another slow ineffective game

K.Miller godawful

Whoever is working with PP units...awful.

No accountability there, results dont matter, your jobs are safe.

Schaller misses a lot of grade A chances...because...he isnt actually a skilled player, just a hard working average player, sometimes that hard work pays off but...he can't finish grade A chances...he blew a few last night vs Caps in the 3rd period. Frustrating, but overall very happy with his game...maybe try him on 3rd line and break up the 2nd line completely.

That's enough for this coaching staff.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Too much polenta in between periods.

That is one thing this team does not eat. Watching Washington bully them around shows that they lack polenta.. they are probably more gnocchi types with mushroom wine sauce.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
He's a favorite player of mine, but he's just playing horribly. In practically every way.

Him, Bergy, Krejci... What happened?

I think krejci's been good. Just has nothing work with, nothing which also changes every couple games

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Why use 1 million as the cut-off.

I'd be OK with spending 2-2.5 on a capable back-up for the right guy.

Better bang for your buck than any of the 2.5 million spend on any one of McQuaid, Kevan or Hayes.

Well, if your number one starter was making 4-5 million you could spend 2-2.5 on a strong back up. Can't do that when paying one goalie 7 million.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I just cannot stand how this team will kill any flow in the play by abandoning the cycle to throw it toward the center of the ice and pray it hits something and goes in.

It's not the most talented forward group, but I cannot stand that they're coached to play like pee-wee players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad