GDT: Game 28: Calgary Flames vs Montreal Canadiens 12/12/22 7:00pm EST SN, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Marty is polishing turds. Allen, Hoffman, Edmun, Armiaww, etc, I think he's polishing their value + he wants to tank. Or his boss told him to do to tank.
But on another hand I'm not sure who is better between Monty and Allen. There is players injured so he don't have choice make them play. Only Richards deserves a call-up. We'll see.

edit, I should have wrote "I'm not sure" who is better between Monty and Allen.
One slight disagreement in that Ylonen also deserves a call up. Richard after all of these years in minors has started to produce.
Ylonen has a bigger NHL upside than Anthony Richard.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Harris left out...He's still a question mark for me. But he is still young and in his rookie season. We'll see what he'll become.
Well... i can live without Harris... I mean if he is there, fine... but he is nothing to write home about

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
One slight disagreement in that Ylonen also deserves a call up. Richard after all of these years in minors has started to produce.
Ylonen has a bigger NHL upside than Anthony Richard.
I wont say you're wrong on this. I just look at stats and what I remember from Richards in pre season games.
Sometimes the player who is expected to have a great career doesn't step up. And sometimes the Costco employee hockey player makes the big step to the NHL, ya know. Remember Galchenyuk 3rd OA and Gallagher 5th round pick. Who had the best career?

So let's agree both Richards and Ylonen deserve a call up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wont say you're wrong on this. I just look at stats and what I remember from Richards in pre season games.
Sometimes the player who is expected to have a great career doesn't step up. And sometimes the Costco employee hockey player makes the big step to the NHL, ya know. Remember Galchenyuk 3rd OA and Gallagher 5th round pick. Who had the best career?

They for sure deserve a look. I would expect both to be on the roster after the trade deadline.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

The draft comparison isn't the best to be honest. The main reason Gallagher was drafted so low was probably his size. I mean he scored 41 goals tied for 7th in the WHL in his draft year. Possibly why some high skilled players like Point and Kucherov also get drafted low. Galchenyuk was drafted on potential alone as he had missed almost a whole year

That said. Richard's game may have improved simply by playing in front of a home crowd.

I also believe that Ylonen could replace Lehkonen a bit

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I'm here for the special tree;

Allen giving up a goal early
Dadonov on the PP
Armia existing

Merry Christmas 🎅

Reactions: cphabs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Habs are about to hit a hard skid.
Savard is missed on the back end and Marty thinks Allen is a #1.
Also, in all of my years watching hockey I have never seen so many useless vets all on one team, it's uncanny

the fact Marty will overplay the team garbage is most shocking, instead of letting the kids just get at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad