GDT: Game 28 | Boston@Arizona 8PM NESN 98.5

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
When Eriksson and Gagne score, this team is unstoppable!!:)

Nice to see Marchand with two. He's been bringing it lately. Good stuff from him and Smith.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Seids has been terrible but I dunno, something tells me come playoffs he will step it up a notch, and his desperation will be like it was before his knee, hes a warrior in the playoffs.

Hoping Chara is back thursday for the Hawks, don't think Krejci will be but it would definitely help. Don't know if you play Pasta but I'd say its more than likely, I think they only sat him cos he's played every game since coming up, needed to rest his lil body, I didn't like Griff last night, was too easily beaten off pucks and losing battles, was surprised with Fraser, looked like he was actually doing stuff last night so props for him. Trotman needs to go back to the A. If Campbell is injured Id like them to give Cunningham a shot.

He will be better as a 2nd pair. Hopefully they can get a Sekera type to team with him.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Seids had pretty major knee surgery and missed like 9 months of hockey.

I assumed he would look rough when he came back but I thought by now he'd be coming around.

He looks pretty awful and it's starting to make me nervous. Trading Boychuk, having Seids play like this and Chara coming off an injury is not a nice situation for this team to be in.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
the corpse of seidenberg at $4m could be a big problem sooner than later

I don't recall but does the corpse have a NTC?

Personally I'm about ready to say ship him out when Chara returns. There have been many nights when he's been the worst Dman on the ice. I would rather rely on the kids or better yet find some other Dman and do a trade.

That knee injury pretty much accelerated his downward spiral.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Seids had pretty major knee surgery and missed like 9 months of hockey.

I assumed he would look rough when he came back but I thought by now he'd be coming around.

He looks pretty awful and it's starting to make me nervous. Trading Boychuk, having Seids play like this and Chara coming off an injury is not a nice situation for this team to be in.

It's exactly why Chiarelli would have been much better off keeping Boychuk for the year and then letting him walk as an FA, to see how our D-corps situation would turn out. Yeah, we traded him for cap reasons, yada yada, but I would hope that Chiarelli knew in the back of his mind, there was a possibility that Seids wouldn't return to form. If not, then that's just him being naive.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think coming off from ACL surgery and put into playing #1/#2 defeseman minutes very early in the season isn't helping Seidenberg.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think coming off from ACL surgery and put into playing #1/#2 defeseman minutes very early in the season isn't helping Seidenberg.

yep, injuries to a 5/6th D-man are easier to absorb (Dr.Obvious statement of the day)

Much like what happened to Bart last season, forced into a role which was a bit too much too soon and while he played well in the regular season, showed that inexperience when the heat of playoff hockey got to him a bit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Chiarelli wasn't all that happy with him before that injury which makes the Boychuk deal all the more strange. Hopefully he will be ready in April. I'd maybe give him a few nights off when Chara gets back as some nights #44 has been our 6th best defenseman.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Chiarelli wasn't all that happy with him before that injury which makes the Boychuk deal all the more strange. Hopefully he will be ready in April. I'd maybe give him a few nights off when Chara gets back as some nights #44 has been our 6th best defenseman.

??? He signed the guy to a $4M/yr contract before the injury -- that doesn't sound like he was upset with the guy. I could understand if he was upset now, however. Seids has been quite frustrating this season.

I see the Boychuk thing as getting value where you can. Nobody bit on Warsofsky & Trotman last year, and Seids & McQuaid were untradeable coming off injury. Chara & Dougie were untradeable because of team vision/needs, Krug & Bart had no contract to trade. So of our "nine NHL caliber defensemen" only Boychuk & Miller had value that could be easily cashed in.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
When Chara is back, our top 2 defensemen are coming off knee injuries and are 30-something years old. Yikes.

And have to love the schedule makers, we played like 8 games in 12 days early so we can have 4 ays off now?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
??? He signed the guy to a $4M/yr contract before the injury -- that doesn't sound like he was upset with the guy. I could understand if he was upset now, however. Seids has been quite frustrating this season.

I see the Boychuk thing as getting value where you can. Nobody bit on Warsofsky & Trotman last year, and Seids & McQuaid were untradeable coming off injury. Chara & Dougie were untradeable because of team vision/needs, Krug & Bart had no contract to trade. So of our "nine NHL caliber defensemen" only Boychuk & Miller had value that could be easily cashed in.

We really only had borderline 8 defenseman, 7 before giving Bart a contract. More than half were #5-6-7 defensemen anyways.

He found the only possible way to turn "9" NHL defensemen into a weakness when he traded Boychuk. Our area of strength wasn't our "defense" it was the "depth" of our defense. Moving 1 top 4 defensemen when we only had 4 was stupid. Moving one bottom pairing defenseman when we had like 4.... just shows common sense ain't so common.

Even in one of the more educated individuals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad