GDT: Game 28 | Boston@Arizona 8PM NESN 98.5

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Just got in missed the whole game. I must be bad luck...Anyway, score looks good. Did they play as good as indicated or is it a product of playing the yotes?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just got in missed the whole game. I must be bad luck...Anyway, score looks good. Did they play as good as indicated or is it a product of playing the yotes?

Definitely played better than Thursday. Got a little puck luck tonight. Not sure if this effort would have been good enough to beat Chicago, LA, etc. but I'll take the 2 points.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Abysmal. Get that franchise somewhere it can make money. Teams like that help kill the salary cap.

Like anywhere. Arizona? I mean, I love this game. Would love for it to work. It just doesn't. Where would Tampa be if they didn't have Stamkos. Panthers are a joke, AHL teams draw more fans.

totally disagree, Neely...

some in this forum would like you to believe the AHL or lower leagues shouldn't exist at all....

it is working, to a degree, I just finished 6 to 7 hours of Coyotes hockey between Glendale and Albany, NY...

Jacobs family have been known to shortshrift this franchise at times, but can you imagine an Original 6 franchise relocating, that's wht the Arizona fanbase has heard ad nauseum since the illegal move by Moyes to place this franchise into BK, AND WHY THE NHL won the right to determine where its franchises go. Arizona deserves its opportunity.

name one hockey franchise that is drawing more fans or is deserving of a pro hockey franchise.....

Pittsburgh's been down this road twice, and Buffalo's been there.

DM is doing the best he can with what's he's got and what's his internal....

What would Boston be like if the B's weren't here.... that's wht Arizona is trying to reclaim so the constant issues or damage this franchise has suffered because of what Moyes did, isn't repeated... you could say the cracks began when Shenkarow ignored the franchise when they were still in Winnipeg.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

...a bit of both.

Marchand and Smith had a good game, and even Loui scored a goal.

Nice to get a win on this tough west road trip.

iGetCarried*

After surgery and past performances I will take my chances on Lucic , suck is harsh but Griffith is not a NHL player at this point in his career and yes he is in over his head.

Wait until D.K. Comes back and find another player on that wing and you will see the Lucic of old.

Who knows maybe he will be somewhere else by then.

Past performances are hard, even for me, to let go of. But with how he's been playing lately, I'm starting not to care what he's done in the past. If he continues to play like this, and you can upgrade there (with a Hall caliber, nothing less) then i wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Lol just heard Claude say something like a proud team gets sick of losing so they switch things up or something. Then I heard Griffith and Morrow played! Well it's about time!

iGetCarried*

Never understood Morrow out of the lineup to begin with.

Definitely don't understand Pasta sitting. Send him back down.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Never understood Morrow out of the lineup to begin with.

Definitely don't understand Pasta sitting. Send him back down.

Since he only has 4 games left before his ELC kicks into play, my guess is that they sat him to maybe work with him more this upcoming break and see how he does in the upcoming games.

iGetCarried*

Since he only has 4 games left before his ELC kicks into play, my guess is that they sat him to maybe work with him more this upcoming break and see how he does in the upcoming games.

Makes sense. Hopefully that's the case.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Im expecting Z to get two real good days of practice in and then barring any issues be proclaimed good to go.

Krejci? God only knows. Im hoping by Christmas. But boy they aint saying.

With DK it sounds like whatever it is, they want him 100%, and don't want it coming back at them becoming a nagging thing. Fine w/ that if they can hang on, but they haven't shown they can, at least against real teams.

Hope you're right on Z. Because if he isn't, all the deal talk is a giant waste of time, imo.

daleand

Aug 2, 2005
Trail,BC
I was at the game tonight and Marchand was flying right from the hop. He scored his first goal on the Bruins first shot, dished out some noogies and hit the post in the first period. He could have had a Gordie Howe hat trick quite easily. We were very impressed with his effort and skill tonight. Hamilton also had a strong game. On the first goal Rask let in, he didn't have his bearings judged very well as he left too much on the long side and should have had it. The second one also looked like a weak goal but he may of been screened a bit, otherwise no really key saves to keep the momentum going but he also din't let in any others either. Fraser is not as bad of a skater as people on this board like to suggest, he does get to where he should be. It looks like Seids has slowed down, maybe from the knee surgery. Gagne also looked slow on a wide open breakaway, but to his credit he stayed with it and banged the puck home for his goal. Paile and Campbell both left the ice limping late in the game but it didn't look too serious for either of them. The team looked loose and competed hard and things went their way all night maybe a result of the Coyotes not playing very well. Good effort overall by the B's.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Seems a common theme. Krejci and Chara will be back very soon. I really don't think those two players albeit two of their 3 best players, will change the dynamic of this team that much.. But until then i am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So I see that Gagne scored again. I guess this means we'll never get rid of him.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Another victory against a bottom feeder. Nothing to brag about... Bruins need to dominate good/very good teams in order to be competitive.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Seems a common theme. Krejci and Chara will be back very soon. I really don't think those two players albeit two of their 3 best players, will change the dynamic of this team that much.. But until then i am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think it will put them into a position where they will be contenders (without moves this team with Chara and Krejci is a playoff team but IMO a first/second round exit) but it will at least make them more competitive with the good teams. Right now the Bruins are winning most of the games they have to win but the Bruins need to be able to hang with the elite of the league and right now they just can't for a full 60.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I don't think it will put them into a position where they will be contenders (without moves this team with Chara and Krejci is a playoff team but IMO a first/second round exit) but it will at least make them more competitive with the good teams. Right now the Bruins are winning most of the games they have to win but the Bruins need to be able to hang with the elite of the league and right now they just can't for a full 60.

Which is why the front office should not rush into some deal that marginally improves the team but still doesn't make them a contender. Chia needs to be patient, let Chara and krejci get back healthy, and see where they stand then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad