GDT: Game #27 -- Wed Mar 13, 2013 - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
Am hearing Gustav Nyquist is on the chopping block for lineup tonight if Jordin Tootoo does play. #RedWings #Flames

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
Am hearing Gustav Nyquist is on the chopping block for lineup tonight if Jordin Tootoo does play. #RedWings #Flames

Seriously. I don't like being right about this team being crap, but when stuff like this keeps happening and the talk you hear from the coach and GM are all just a bunch of lame excuses and stubbornness, well... what else can you say is happening?

What a joke dude. And if Nyquist sits for Tootoo, that means Tatar is still in GR.

:shakehead:help::shakehead:help::shakehead:help:

Come apologists, let's hear your creative and reaching excuses for this potential move.

Aug 6, 2012
If its true I'm gonna take a week off from the Wings. Its too annoying to keep getting angry and confused :laugh:. This team is turning into a joke.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
When did the circus come to town? I didn't see no trucks.

**** has hit the ceiling. Babcock is a goner and everybody knows it.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I seriously think this is the case. There's no other reasoning... is there?

That's not really professional now, is it?

I mean, an employee losing their edge is one thing, but purposefully spiting the General Manager? That's just silly unless they're looking for the unemployment line...

[conspiracy theory]
... OR they've got another job lined up already and can't contractually get out of their current job without getting fired.

Does "tampering" apply to coaches too?
[/conspiracy theory]

:dunno:

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
So it went from Nyquist playing on Datsyuks line, to Nyquist playing a couple shifts on Datsyuks line, to Nyquist getting sat?

We can't treat our players like this. Babcocks head may need rolling.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Costanza made for some of the greatest television ever. Babcock is just making me lose my mind. George is getting upset.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
:rant:

Babcock... I try and try to defend your moves but this, this is the straw that breaks the camals back. Not putting Nyquist in the top 6 I can live with, but not playing him at all... Crazy.

Now this is far fetched and complete speculation BUT according to Eklund we are inquiring about Dustin Byfuglien. With the jets moving to the "west" next year and us moving to the "east" there's no reason for the 2 teams to have to worry about seeing to much of each other. Maybe Nyquist was going to play tonight but the Jets have sent the Wings an offer involving Byfuglien and Holland may or may not wait until game time to make his decision?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
The only thing i am to looking forward to see during this game this game is Brendan Smith.

Thanks Kenny. You brought up one rookie in a year where garbage like Cleary and Gator are getting top six minutes.

ohhh and Anderssen.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Now this is far fetched and complete speculation BUT according to Eklund we are inquiring about Dustin Byfuglien. With the jets moving to the "west" next year and us moving to the "east" there's no reason for the 2 teams to have to worry about seeing to much of each other. Maybe Nyquist was going to play tonight but the Jets have sent the Wings an offer involving Byfuglien and Holland may or may not wait until game time to make his decision?

Wat?

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not shooting the messenger here, but why would they even trade him?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wat?

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not shooting the messenger here, but why would they even trade him?

Dunno, but Winnipeg is those rare NHL teams that has some luxury with right-handed defencemen. They could still have Bogosian, Postma and Redmond there. Left-handers are Enström, Hainsey and Mark Stuart.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Dunno, but Winnipeg is those rare NHL teams that has some luxury with right-handed defencemen. They could still have Bogosian, Postma and Redmond there. Left-handers are Enström, Hainsey and Mark Stuart.

He's also their top defensive point-producer, has the best defensive plus/minus, plays the most minutes per game (by almost a full minute), and is 2nd in total defensive TOI, so unless they've got someone immediately ready to step up and take his spot it just doesn't make much sense.

So what realistic offer does everyone think he'd have to send? Big Buff is a player.

I don't think the Wings have much the Jets would want; maybe Filppula or Sheahan, but that wouldn't be nearly enough to pry Buffy out of their hands.

Then again, with the trade **** I've been throwing at the wall lately, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad