Post-Game Talk: GAME 27 - THE FORTRESS IS OURS!!!!! - BRUINS 3 Vegas 1

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
*David Coyle does the happy dance for Charlie getting another goal* :vhappy:

I only saw the first period [:wally:] so I missed all the good stuff.

I am concerned about the Bruins not being mentally ready to play right from the opening puck drop. Maybe getting a bit complacent about their ability to win because of their great start???? Something to think about.

Linus with another great game, as someone posted earlier, the crow is fast becoming an endangered species! 🐦
Slow starts are certainly a pattern, but I am not sure they are much of a concern. Dryden said in "The Game" those great Habs teams were slow starters. I do not remember them that way, but perhaps they considred having no goals for the first ten minutes a slow start.

Reactions: NeelyOrr and BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Slow starts are certainly a pattern, but I am not sure they are much of a concern. Dryden said in "The Game" those great Habs teams were slow starters. I do not remember them that way, but perhaps they considred having no goals for the first ten minutes a slow start.
If you get the goaltending slow starts aren’t as much of an issue .

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1670860307638.png

Bruins, Celtics and Patriots visit Arizona within the space of a week, I'm assume a few people are making it to all three.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
There was a lot on both sides. Lots of roughing after the hit on both sides...extra-curriculars as they used to say. Teams do not like each other as they also used to say. ...
Love it.

Unsurprisingly, you wouldn't know that from viewing either The League highlights or the TSN highlights. It's all vanilla goals and saves. That's it. If there were a massive bench clearing brawl in the second period you wouldn't know it. It's so stupid. It really pisses me off because it reduces all these games basically to goals and saves, and that's not all of what it's about.

Speech to text!

✌️😎

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Colorado is kind of a shell of themselves right now with the injuries,Vegas also so hard to get a good read on them,Leafs are the ones I worry about wish they played them this month.

Fair enough --- Just looking back through posts from 2-3 weeks back, a lot of us were concerned about this stretch of games and they've come through it very well.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Love it.

Unsurprisingly, you wouldn't know that from viewing either The League highlights or the TSN highlights. It's all vanilla goals and saves. That's it. If there were a massive bench clearing brawl in the second period you wouldn't know it. It's so stupid. It really pisses me off because it reduces all these games basically to goals and saves, and that's not all of what it's about.

Speech to text!

✌️😎
LOL I use speech to text all the time, despite the fact it stinks. Last night was interesting. Only cliffy threw big hits, and lots of posters thought it was not physical which I get. But tons of stuff happened after hits and whistles . ... Chippy. I think Cassidy wanted it that and we responded,

Reactions: GordonHowe

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
LOL I use speech to text all the time, despite the fact it stinks. Last night was interesting. Only cliffy threw big hits, and lots of posters thought it was not physical which I get. But tons of stuff happened after hits and whistles . ... Chippy. I think Cassidy wanted it that and we responded,
Sup

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Love it.

Speech to text!

✌️😎
Bruins highlights on TSN are usually about 30-40 seconds unless they play the Leafs hah
So embarrassing

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Dryden's THE GAME is an excellent book on hockey. In the book Dryden mentioned that playing the BRUINS was the test used to determine how well Montreal was playing. I bought that book when it first came out and now I can't find it.

Bruins highlights on TSN are usually about 30-40 seconds unless they play the Leafs hah
So embarrassing
Youtube includes very good 10 to 12 minutes of highlights on all games.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Do you, or does anyone here have a site that more or less features the rough stuff the stuff in between the whistles. I love that stuff. But you can't find it. Unless there's a fight. It's too bad dafoome doesn't do every game. Any info or inside appreciated,

✌️😎

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I thought Cassidy was the turn-the-other-cheek coach?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Dryden's THE GAME is an excellent book on hockey. In the book Dryden mentioned that playing the BRUINS was the test used to determine how well Montreal was playing. I bought that book when it first came out and now I can't find it.

Youtube includes very good 10 to 12 minutes of highlights on all games.
yes but no scrums or rough stuff.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad