GDT: Game 27: Red Wings at stars 8:00 pm et 12/11/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
I hate blaming refs but holy f*** have they been bad this year. It’s felt like 5 of the wings losses can directly be attributed to bad officiating.
A lot of those games there were plenty of things other than the refs leading to losses... but seriously? It has been ridiculous with the missed calls. Figure out how you are calling the games, and do it that way every game, for the whole game, for both teams. That's not a whole lot to ask.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I hate blaming refs but holy f*** have they been bad this year. It’s felt like 5 of the wings losses can directly be attributed to bad officiating.

i'm curious how many of the Wings wins fans of other teams would say that about

the Wings get a lot of penalties but they've also had the most powerplays in the entire league this year

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We also need to let Newsie know that Copp is a worthless sack of sh*t, that Rasmussen should be stapled to the bench, Petry fired into the sun, Reimer is a bigot that plays awkwardly, Husso is a sieve that gives up two soft shots a game, Veleno can't win a faceoff, Seider, Walman, and Gostisbehere can't play defense, and Sprong won't back-check.

So he needs to put together the next lineup without those guys, and without Larkin and probably without Compher, and finally start winning again. Boom fixed.
Stevie is the GM, not Lalonde. Considering they only have 12 forwards on the roster, he has to play all of them. He can only sit one D.

I don't like his goalie selection though. Lyon's last game was a bit of a stinker, but he deserves more chances considering how many games Husso gave away with softies.

Even if Larkin recovers, Husso does not get this team past the first round. Lyon might or might not, at least we should find out. I'm done with Reimer though. Retain half and trade him for Gagner or a bag of peanuts or something. Make a roster spot for Ed.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

the Wings get a lot of penalties but they've also had the most powerplays in the entire league this year

And are top 5 in calls against. The wings were also the beneficiary of more calls early in the season if I’m correct.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown

Good point. They've drawn more penalties than other teams.

The referees wouldn't matter as much if this team could stop conceding goals.

Yzerman signed a bunch of #7 defensemen, while his second best defenseman is riding a bus in the minors and sleeping in 3-star hotels with a bunch of future financial advisors for roommates.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022

Yzerman signed a bunch of #7 defensemen, while his second best defenseman is riding a bus in the minors and sleeping in 3-star hotels with a bunch of future financial advisors for roommates.
And to be fair the way seider has looked likely Edvinsson could easily one day become the number 1 dman long term.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

What kind of accommodations do you think there are in Rockford f***ing Illinois?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
And to be fair the way seider has looked likely Edvinsson could easily one day become the number 1 dman long term.
I said that 2 seasons ago, but not so much because Seider was sucking. I think Ed has more offensive potential.

Some of Seider's issues has to do with Walman though. He's playing real soft this season, only 6 hits. Not winning puck battles, too aggressive when pinching in, allowing odd man rushes the other way. He needs to play more conservative.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I would donate $50 to the Red Wings favorite charity if they could find a way to SIMPLIFY THEIR f***ING GAME when it matters.
Yes. Specially like Raymond in our zone and they score. Raymond does this often, this time he got caught.
I dont know if its just me, but I feel like our puck movement and passing (mainly just clean tape to tape, not so much creativity) has been awful this year outside of the first win streak.

just doesn't seem to pass the eye test.
Last game was even more so. That pass to Seider was a good example, and Seider wasn't far from him.
We were still able to score 3 goals I guess that's a plus.
It looked like we might pull it off.
Debrincat reminds me of Slava Kozlov. A bona fide sniper who can't create anything on his own and heavily depends on his center.
Man, he can be invisible.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
I said that 2 seasons ago, but not so much because Seider was sucking. I think Ed has more offensive potential.

Some of Seider's issues has to do with Walman though. He's playing real soft this season, only 6 hits. Not winning puck battles, too aggressive when pinching in, allowing odd man rushes the other way. He needs to play more conservative.
Must be true if you said it two seasons ago. I mean...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I really think Lalonde is not that great a hockey mind. In what universe should the worst D on our team play within 10 seconds of our best D by a mile? Why does he refuse to play Seider 23+ everynight??? Really annoys me a lot!

I've heard tell of this "trebuchet," and I just have a couple of questions:

- Will Reimer fit in it?
- Can it reach the sun?

If any goalie needs in it, it is Husso by a lot this season!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Realistically most teams aren’t winning a lot without their top 2 centers. Against a team like Dallas? This board would crucify the team if roles were reversed and the Wings lost.

Try to pick up a point against St.Louis, hope Compher comes back, and if we’re within 5 points of a playoff spot in January we’ve done well.

Reactions: DTR

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Fabbri takes a puck to the face. Then Petry takes a puck to the face.

I seriously think signing Kane has upset the hockey gods. Shit has not been right since he joined
Didn't watch the game, but I thought Fabbri had a full shield on after getting stitches to his cheek the other night. Did he already remove it, then get hit again in the face?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
And are top 5 in calls against. The wings were also the beneficiary of more calls early in the season if I’m correct.
To be fair, the Wings moved their feet and dictated pace of play early in the season. Those often go hand in hand with drawing calls.

Reactions: DTR

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
OK, I'm gonna stick to positive things.

1st game in a bit with a ton of inserts. Got a few goals. Had a bit of a press there for a few shifts.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
OK, I'm gonna stick to positive things.

1st game in a bit with a ton of inserts. Got a few goals. Had a bit of a press there for a few shifts.
Reimer looked like he couldn’t track the puck all night. 3 goals went by him and he was still trying to locate the puck but it was already behind him lol

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Reimer looked like he couldn’t track the puck all night. 3 goals went by him and he was still trying to locate the puck but it was already behind him lol
Maybe they should put a rainbow on the puck.

He would be able to track it,but probably wouldn't touch it though

Reactions: norrisnick

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Didn't watch the game, but I thought Fabbri had a full shield on after getting stitches to his cheek the other night. Did he already remove it, then get hit again in the face?
Yup. He was playing without the full shield, took a puck to the face, went down and as he fell his stick caught Petry in the face. (I though initially Petry got hit with the puck again after a Stars player shot it).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad