GDT: Game 27: Red Wings at stars 8:00 pm et 12/11/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (13).png

We all know the story, Larkin is hurt and Perron will be suspended.

Most likely Czarnik Zach Aston-Reese and Berggren will be called up. Let's Go Boys!

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Is Compher ready to go? We need him. He did good in Larkin's first absence.
But if compher is injured I’d rather not throw him in a game against a heavy body team like Dallas because we need the body. I’d rather take the potential loss

Reactions: 14ari13

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
But if compher is injured I’d rather not throw him in a game against a heavy body team like Dallas because we need the body. I’d rather take the potential loss
Last time I heard in practice he had a non-contact gray jersey but worked on the PP and PK. Injury wasn't disclosed.

The Dallas game could get ugly without Larkin, Compher and Perron. Certainly hope Compher at least is ready to go.

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
If no Compher or Larkin I think I'd like to see a lil crazy sauce

DBC-Ras-Kane (Ras can drive the net and free up space for DBC and Kane)
Sprong-Veleno-Ray (Ray can set up Sprong and the line has good speed)
Fabbri-Copp-Bergy
Kostin-Czarnik-Fisher

I have Zero faith in this lineup defensively but I think it has the ability to score some goals. Have to hope Kane and DBC start clicking. They've been super close.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
If no Compher or Larkin I think I'd like to see a lil crazy sauce

DBC-Ras-Kane (Ras can drive the net and free up space for DBC and Kane)
Sprong-Veleno-Ray (Ray can set up Sprong and the line has good speed)
Fabbri-Copp-Bergy
Kostin-Czarnik-Fisher

I have Zero faith in this lineup defensively but I think it has the ability to score some goals. Have to hope Kane and DBC start clicking. They've been super close.
Dbc Kane ras makes sense because ras would be the piano puller here and just go straight to the front of the net which would pull the defense down and open up lanes for Kane and dbc to pass to each other.

Side note: did anyone else see the wink/smile Kane gave dbc against the sens early in the 1st after they made some good close quarter passing/shot after the goalie froze the puck? That showed me he is so back and excited to be playing again. I think we just stole Kane in FA

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Given Larkins likely out, I’d do these

Debrincat - Compher - Kane
Sprong - Fabbri - Raymond
Berggren - Copp - Veleno
Kostin - Rasmussen - Fischer

Walman - Seider
Chiarot - Ghost
Maatta - Holl
Extra Petry

Lyon
Husso

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
Given Larkins likely out, I’d do these

Debrincat - Compher - Kane
Sprong - Fabbri - Berggren
Rasmussen - Copp - Veleno
Kostin -Czarnik - Fischer

Walman - Seider
Chiarot - Ghost
Maatta - Holl
Extra Petry

Lyon
Husso
That second like gives me legitimate nightmares defensively.

Count me in on the DBC-Ras-Kane combo, it actually could work. Ras can let them do all the work with the puck while he drives the net and battles down low.

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Fabbri will never play as Center.

I still don't get where does that come from. Only natural winger who has played as Center, is Fischer.

X - Veleno - X
X - Copp - X
X - Rasmussen - X
X - Czarnik - X (Fischer as spare center option)

That how it should go without Larkin and Compher.

I also would split DeBrincat and Kane.

DeBrincat - Veleno - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Kane
Berggren - Ras - Sprong
Kostin - Czarnik - Fischer
(Aston-Reese)

Reactions: deca guard

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Fabbri will never play as Center.

I still don't get where does that come from. Only natural winger who has played as Center, is Fischer.
I think it comes from Capfriendly, where he is listed as LW/C, and NHL.com where he is listed as C.

Reactions: Henkka

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It’s been two days since the Ottawa game and I’m still furious about it. I hope that every player on that team gets the Marian Hossa gear herpes. A triple case for Zub, Tkachuk and Joseph.

Detroit needs to show up big against a realgud Dallas squad. Come up big through adversity. Play with fire! And punch Benn in the face.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Tough one, I don't expect a win. Just too down and out at the moment. Really lucky to just pull a point out of this one.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I would argue that seeing your captain unconscious on the ice and then playing 9 forwards the rest of the game will likely not be repeated.
Dallas is a better team than Ottawa, so I can see them scoring 5 goals on our (as of lately) Swiss cheese defense pretty easily.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Dallas is a better team than Ottawa, so I can see them scoring 5 goals on our (as of lately) Swiss cheese defense pretty easily.
I read your post as claiming the Wings will play like shit like they did at Ottawa. They could very well lose, but I expect a good effort.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Dbc Kane ras makes sense because ras would be the piano puller here and just go straight to the front of the net which would pull the defense down and open up lanes for Kane and dbc to pass to each other.

Side note: did anyone else see the wink/smile Kane gave dbc against the sens early in the 1st after they made some good close quarter passing/shot after the goalie froze the puck? That showed me he is so back and excited to be playing again. I think we just stole Kane in FA
Ya I noticed. See when Kane scores and does his celly? You can see Debrincat behind him smiling ear to ear. I don't know how everyone else feels but Kane looks damn good in his first few games. Maybe not 100% upto speed but you can really notice his patience and his passing is a thing of beauty. Absolute steal of a deal if you ask me. Also DBC is a known scorer but his passing and IQ is vastly underrated imo.

Who's Benn gonna goon up this game?

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Hopefully Compher is ready to go today.

I want the win... but man, with Larks out, and Perron likely suspended for a significant amount of time, I'm not expecting it. Just be competitive.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Hopefully Compher is ready to go today.

I want the win... but man, with Larks out, and Perron likely suspended for a significant amount of time, I'm not expecting it. Just be competitive.

this week is going to be brutal. Hoping to steal a point or 2 and still be in good position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad