GDT: Game 27: Predators @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The young guys ( Deangelo, Crouse, Chychrun, Dauphin, Gaudet, and Perlini) looked great. I hope Crouse stays in the top nine.

Sometimes injuries force guys up or into the lineup. That's how Stone and Murphy got their start. I'm not surprised Crouse looks better.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Finally moved Crouse up the lineup and looked how well he did. A bit late, but at least it finally happened. He earned more ice time about ten games ago.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I am very pleased to see Perlini do well. Apart from Crouse's game, I thought that Gologoski had his best game of the season. I didn't see much about his game posted.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Lol, nice digging! There were actually a lot of Perlini believers that summer (unlike this past summer), but hbk wasn't one of them.

I liked him more than duke last off season, this off season he looked pretty rough every time I saw him. Not sure I was eager to get rid of him, but I didn't have hopes for his NHL future. Very happy to be wrong.

Is this how the yotes player against Calgary? Even is this was a loss it would be fine, much more entertaining team than a week ago. Chychrun and Deangelo need to stay in the lineup, those two and oel were our best Dmen tonight. Schenn was very physical, I still really like him as the 6th dman. I hope duke draws back in next game.

I'm a big subban fan. Not sure fighting crouse was a good plan, but it's awesome he stepped up and did so. It sucks we never seem to get a clean hit on ribeiro.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Never mind, I seem to have quoted a deleted text which disappeared before I hit the save button.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Never mind, I seem to have quoted a deleted text which disappeared before I hit the save button.

Nashville's hf group is the easily the most anti AZ out of the non traditional fan bases I've seen. Most of the other non traditional fan bases are pretty cool, the hate we get from relocationists is a bit of a unifying force I think. I'm sure most Nashville fans are cool, but I've seen quite a few relocation shots at us from their hf board group. Whatever though, they just lost to the worst team in the league. Have fun with that. Hope weber wins a Norris, a cup, and the conn smythe in Montreal, and flips Nashville the bird.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Interesting sidline note - I listened to Tipipett's interview and he noted that the in his opinion the NHL stats for SOG are bogus, especially at the GRA. He said that the NHL guy was counting lots of dump ins aimed at Smith to make him handle the puck, and were not true shots on goal. He said that he keeps his own stats and that shot count was a lot lower. Also said that Smith made 4 excellent saves tonight.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, they let their foot of the gas a bit, but they hung on (and it wasn't anything like the normal complete fade).
I'd give Tippett praise for having them ready to play and engaged for 4 of the past 6 periods, but if there's one thing I've learned from the forum this year, it's that the coaching staff is completely a nonfactor in player performance and engagement level. It's solely the players' job to show up and execute. So good work, guys.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Nashville's hf group is the easily the most anti AZ out of the non traditional fan bases I've seen. Most of the other non traditional fan bases are pretty cool, the hate we get from relocationists is a bit of a unifying force I think. I'm sure most Nashville fans are cool, but I've seen quite a few relocation shots at us from their hf board group. Whatever though, they just lost to the worst team in the league. Have fun with that. Hope weber wins a Norris, a cup, and the conn smythe in Montreal, and flips Nashville the bird.
It's because of the 2011-12 playoff series. When you lose as badly as they did, you can't help but hold a grudge. Some people just take it too personally, I guess :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Well, they let their foot of the gas a bit, but they hung on (and it wasn't anything like the normal complete fade).
I'd give Tippett praise for having them ready to play and engaged for 4 of the past 6 periods, but if there's one thing I've learned from the forum this year, it's that the coaching staff is completely a nonfactor in player performance and engagement level. It's solely the players' job to show up and execute. So good work, guys.

Are you looking for the rope or the oak tree? :razz:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Tonight was the first time I've ever noticed more than a dozen or so Predators fans in our building. In fact, there was one section in the lowers that had two or three rows of solid yellow jerseys. First time ever, including their playoff series here.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Interesting sidline note - I listened to Tipipett's interview and he noted that the in his opinion the NHL stats for SOG are bogus, especially at the GRA. He said that the NHL guy was counting lots of dump ins aimed at Smith to make him handle the puck, and were not true shots on goal. He said that he keeps his own stats and that shot count was a lot lower. Also said that Smith made 4 excellent saves tonight.

Garbage in = garbage out. it's a huge issue for analytics.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
At the draft I didn't know much about this kid but I usually trust HBK and he was really high on Perlini. I started to fall in love with his skill set and thought he could be special. I never wanted to package him in a deal like some but I will admit I got a little worried. His down year in Niagra did not scare me as much as most, but his play at the world juniors was what started to worry me a bit. I was starting to worry that he might turn into a Boedker and have all the tools but no tool box. With his speed and shot, the sky is the limit for this kid.

I was late to the party on the Perlini pick. I only started to like him when I saw how poorly he was being utilized in Niagra. I think the comments on how we had him in the top 8 and would have moved the pick if he was off the board made me want to watch him more closely. I had him much lower.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It's because of the 2011-12 playoff series. When you lose as badly as they did, you can't help but hold a grudge. Some people just take it too personally, I guess :laugh:

They should just relax and take some time off and enjoy the night life. Like Radulov and Kostitsyn...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Tonight was the first time I've ever noticed more than a dozen or so Predators fans in our building. In fact, there was one section in the lowers that had two or three rows of solid yellow jerseys. First time ever, including their playoff series here.

I think that they traveled with the team.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I saw quite a few as well, I've only been to one other game against the preds though so I can't compare. I wonder if some Montreal fans adopted them as a second team after the subban trade. I can imagine getting very attached to him, he's so fun on the ice, plus all the great off ice stuff he's done in that community would make him easy to follow.

I've never met a rude pred fans in person, but ribeiro being on the team plus their hfboard group is enough. **** 'em. I cheer for most every southern team, but not the kings and preds.

I've thought that for years. It doesn't always favor the yotes, and yeah like hbk said makes analytics that use shots pretty inaccurate. That's why I was so encouraged to hear chayka's company collected their own stats when we first hired him.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Looked like to me that the ticket office might have sponsored a Predator trip..maybe through our own marketing group..A guy with a suit on with a Coyotes lapel pin, like one of the ticket people ....took a group picture of them...
What I thought anyway..great marketing.
Great game tonight too..reminded me of one of those games way back when in 2012 where we beat Rinne..

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Helps Smitty's save %

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Man the kids really brought their A game tonight and I'm not talking about Perlini, Crouse, etc. I'm talking about all the kids in the arena. On TV I heard several "Let's go Coyotes" chants that were quite loud and noticeably led by youngsters. I think that's pretty awesome and I'm glad the Coyotes put on a good show for them. That's how you build up the fan base right there!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

:laugh::handclap:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Man the kids really brought their A game tonight and I'm not talking about Perlini, Crouse, etc. I'm talking about all the kids in the arena. On TV I heard several "Let's go Coyotes" chants that were quite loud and noticeably led by youngsters. I think that's pretty awesome and I'm glad the Coyotes put on a good show for them. That's how you build up the fan base right there!

Every time they have all thos kids (singing foe Santa) there to perform the anthem and between periods (Christmas songs), it's they're incredibly loud and it's awesome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad