8469608.jpg
[

Notes and such:

Wonder what that injury is Dave(s).

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Some cuts can be bad enough to where they need to sit so it heals a bit. If it were just that though I'd think they'd be less hush hush about it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
One thing to note is diabetics do not heal as quickly as a person without the disease.

So the chances of making a small injury much worse could be a factor here.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
An orbital bone fracture is week to week at the minimum. For anyone but Roenick any facial fracture but a nasal bone fracture is week to week. I think that he needed a complex closure of a facial laceration which requires time to heal. 2 layer closures need to be protected for a while.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
An orbital bone fracture is week to week at the minimum. For anyone but Roenick any facial fracture but a nasal bone fracture is week to week. I think that he needed a complex closure of a facial laceration which requires time to heal. 2 layer closures need to be protected for a while.
Has that been reported anywhere? It doesn't look particularly deformed and he doesn't look particularly in distress.

picture.php

I don't know ****, I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing it's swollen up like a beach ball and it'll be a couple days until he can see clearly out of his left eye. Plus if there's a deep cut there, a couple stitches, a couple days. Joe Vitale and Josh Koscheck and Bob Sapp are the only orbital bones I can think of off the top my head, and all three knew they were in severe distress right away.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Has that been reported anywhere? It doesn't look particularly deformed and he doesn't look particularly in distress.

picture.php

I don't know ****, I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing it's swollen up like a beach ball and it'll be a couple days until he can see clearly out of his left eye. Plus if there's a deep cut there, a couple stitches, a couple days. Joe Vitale and Josh Koscheck and Bob Sapp are the only orbital bones I can think of off the top my head, and all three knew they were in severe distress right away.

No, i was just taking a guess at what might be wrong due to the fact that he is listed day-to-day with an upper body injury. You don't sit out for a cut face, but the diabetes factor is a good point. I was just making random guesses based off the look of him after. I mentioned orbital bone, hand as well. Just praying it's not a concussion.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Joe Vitale and Josh Koscheck and Bob Sapp are the only orbital bones I can think of off the top my head, and all three knew they were in severe distress right away.

I think Joey V also had a concussion, and suffered from post concussion syndrome, and might still today.

It's somewhat distasteful the way some of our professional athletes are treated as disposable. When Crosby was hurt the media covered it like ants on maple syrup, but a guy like Vitale is just forgotten. According to what I could find, he never officially retired, and is still listed as a member of the Red Wings.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

picture.php

Koscheck's was ugly as hell right away.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Projected lines...

Forwards
Rieder - Hanzal - Vrbata
Perlini - Dvorak - Doan
Crouse - Martinook - McGinn
Dauphin - Gaudet - White

Defensemen
Ekman-Larsson - Murphy
Goligoski - DeAngelo
Chychrun - Schenn

Goalies
Smith
Domingue​

This might be a good game to miss :(

Yotesin4

Nov 9, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Have a couple of tickets for first person to say they want them. Food poisoning is a *****.

Section 210 row L - PM me

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Watching this and the MLS Cup tonight to help ease any pain that could come from this game.

Go Coyotes!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No Stone? Did I miss something?

Well, I liked Tippett's coaching lately. Thought his lineup decisions were good and I also liked his on ice management which wasn't always the case.
But it would be crazy to sit a healthy Stone now. Really crazy.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
No matter what happens in this game, at least it's safe to assume we won't be down by 6 goals in the first 15 minutes, right Colorado?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Newell Brown radio interview: "we're going to put the puck deep in the corners and make them pry it out and go the whole distance of the ice"

:facepalm:

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Duclair out too. I'm not saying Duclair has played well but should we really be subtracting even more skill? Nuts.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tyson Nash after announcing Duclair scratch with Daphin In, Duclair Out graphic: "They need offense"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad