GDT: Game 27: Predators @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Tonight was the first time I've ever noticed more than a dozen or so Predators fans in our building. In fact, there was one section in the lowers that had two or three rows of solid yellow jerseys. First time ever, including their playoff series here.

For whatever odd reason, Howie Long attend d at least two Pred games here a couple years back. Don't know if he was / is part of an investment group or what, but didn't want to ask him, as there was plenty of folk bothering him for pics etc..

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Tonight was the first time I've ever noticed more than a dozen or so Predators fans in our building. In fact, there was one section in the lowers that had two or three rows of solid yellow jerseys. First time ever, including their playoff series here.

There was quite a few back on Nov. 3 too. I was surprised to see that on a Thursday night. A few PK sweaters that night. I picked up a weeknight ticket to a game against the Preds a few seasons back. On that night I probably could have counted the yellow sweaters I saw on one hand.

Maybe there's a growing Tennessee diaspora here.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Nashville's bandwagon has been growing for sometime and there's hardly anyone from Tennessee here in Arizona.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Never mind, I seem to have quoted a deleted text which disappeared before I hit the save button.

Nashville's hf group is the easily the most anti AZ out of the non traditional fan bases I've seen. Most of the other non traditional fan bases are pretty cool, the hate we get from relocationists is a bit of a unifying force I think. I'm sure most Nashville fans are cool, but I've seen quite a few relocation shots at us from their hf board group. Whatever though, they just lost to the worst team in the league. Have fun with that. Hope weber wins a Norris, a cup, and the conn smythe in Montreal, and flips Nashville the bird.

Sad to see how so many of them ended up turning into what they despise in relocationists and they don't truly appreciate the support we gave then when their team faced the threat of relocation.

The more they hate us, the more I'm glad the Coyotes beat Nashville in the playoffs. It feels good to knowing that we at least have a banner to hang in our building.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No idea if it's a factor but my original Coyotes ticket rep moved to Nashville to join the Preds, maybe he plays a role in trip organization??
Looked like to me that the ticket office might have sponsored a Predator trip..maybe through our own marketing group..A guy with a suit on with a Coyotes lapel pin, like one of the ticket people ....took a group picture of them...
What I thought anyway..great marketing.
Great game tonight too..reminded me of one of those games way back when in 2012 where we beat Rinne..

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can we just try him with OEL for a game if Murphy is out? It should give us an idea if someone like Dumba would be a good fit for OEL too.

Oh I'd love to see DeAngelo with OEL. It would take so much pressure off OEL, which is exactly what he needs.

I have been saying that since the start of the season. For me, it looks like Murphy thinks he is a heavy weight defender and trying to be a tough boy and forgetting about using his hockey IQ. Losing that fight might wake him up, because right now he is terrible.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Was at the game.

Perlini is a thoroughbred. He just gallops across the ice.

Chykrun looked phenomenal. As did DeAngelo

Crouse is a skating refrigerator

Aside from the goal, the Hanzal line looked very ineffective 5v5

I agree. All the kids had a big smile on their faces. Fun to see. They are getting more and more experience and confidence.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Looked like to me that the ticket office might have sponsored a Predator trip..maybe through our own marketing group..A guy with a suit on with a Coyotes lapel pin, like one of the ticket people ....took a group picture of them...
What I thought anyway..great marketing.
Great game tonight too..reminded me of one of those games way back when in 2012 where we beat Rinne..

I think they did, there was a patch of yellow jerseys at the Roadrunner game on Friday too.

It was also the caroling night in Tucson and the loudest game of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad