Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
we-suck-again-oh-no.gif

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hear me out. Trade Keller for a 1st line D man. Trade Veg for an unsung backup. Carcs is no fluke. Macelli is better than Keller, owing to his always pesky D. Keller is not playing a team game. Goodbye.

I'd rather trade Schmaltz. He has zero fight in his game.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
and whoever said that Veggie isn't playing at NHL level is absolutely correct, he was awful tonight.
Veggie has done this three seasons in a row. Hot month, total trash fire, then mediocre to bad. The first hot month paper's over the bad usually so most people don't notice until way later in the season. But this season his hot month was only just okay and only about 2 weeks.

Now everyone can see it and it's bad. For as much as people have talked him up over the last 3 years he has yet to post over a .900 sv% for a season. That's just not going to cut it even in this increased scoring era. Our defense is bad but as evidenced by Ingram it's not THAT bad.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Cooley on the ice for 3 goals against AGAIN. A bit worrisome.

I think he needs better support. We need him to become a dominant 2 way C.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
When asked about slakhovsky 6 weeks ago, tourigny said nhl is not a development league. Does Cooley really belong this year or should he be sent down? That being said He is an amazing prospect

Reactions: moosemeister

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Why is Schmaltz playing C? I know we are short there right now but we concluded like two seasons ago that he is a right wing. Get Cooley back up there instead of playing with the fourth line idiots.
Cooley is currently in Bear’s doghouse.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Also I’m done trying to ignore it…Keller has been SHIT 5 on 5 all f***ing year. He’s gotta get his shit together because I’m over it.
That's what I have been saying all year, but everyone was happy because he was producing on the PP. Why are they giving their leading goal scorer 12 TOI?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why is Schmaltz playing C? I know we are short there right now but we concluded like two seasons ago that he is a right wing. Get Cooley back up there instead of playing with the fourth line idiots.
I agree, but Cooley I don't think is ready for first line duty. We don't have anyone who is capable of first line C.

You wanna jump on the ice and play C for them?
Can't do any worse.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Seems pretty obvious to me at this point that Cooley is not ready for the Big Show. We all got fooled by that SportsCenter goal he scored in the preseason, but it's looking like maybe we should have let him cook in college a bit longer.

Reactions: Summer Rose

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think he's ready for 3rd line minutes.
1st and 4th lines are not appropriate for him right now.

With that being said, they could get him to Tucson for a short scoring spree. Give Smith a bit of experience in the big show.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The problem is not Logan Cooley.

The problem is that Stecher and Brown should be in the AHL full time in place of Kesselring and Kolyachonok.

Another problem is how are we going to shed Vejmelka’s $3M contract because he sucks. Armstrong’s biggest mistake. I’d like to see a buyout this summer.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The problem is not Logan Cooley.

The problem is that Stecher and Brown should be in the AHL full time in place of Kesselring and Kolyachonok.

Another problem is how are we going to shed Vejmelka’s $3M contract because he sucks. Armstrong’s biggest mistake. I’d like to see a buyout this summer.

I agree with those points, but while the problem is not Logan Cooley, Logan Cooley is a bit of a problem, if that makes any sense.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Seems pretty obvious to me at this point that Cooley is not ready for the Big Show. We all got fooled by that SportsCenter goal he scored in the preseason, but it's looking like maybe we should have let him cook in college a bit longer.
I think he is ready for the big show. It's just that the NHL is a very tough league, and Cooley is going to have his ups and downs the first few years. I have no idea why AT put Cooley on the first line to begin with. AT stated they were getting better and better, then he had one terrible game and Cooley gets demoted to fourth line duty. I think AT deserves some criticism here.

Reactions: lanky

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
All the better. I’d love to be rid of him. But Tucson would help him get his shit together. He is playing like Kuemper when he first came to Arizona. Sliding all over the place.

The other problem with Vejmelka sucking is it is making us overrun Ingram to the point where his game is going to fall off due to fatigue and with it the risk of injury will increase. At this time we don’t have a reliable backup.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad