GDT: Game 27: Columbus Blue Jackets(13-11-1) @ Seattle Kraken(9-15-2) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I thought our forward slid back out of the way.. But, maybe not. Like to see it again, though.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Well, can't give your goalie open looks and help him out, I guess. :facepalm:
apparently not. Grubauer was cheating to his left trying to see around Johansson, which put him out of position for the shot. He was showing way too much of the net on the far side, but it is hard to be in the right position when your own guy is standing in front of you screening you.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Perhaps they should but recent history shows that they haven't done the smartest decisions. We should always be for a look out for some team ready to make a trade that we could benefit from.
I understand us trading Giordano given his age and contract situation. Leveraging him to get more draft picks at the trade deadline makes a ton of sense (unless there is a sudden turnaround and we start winning a lot of games).

Trading for Gallagher doesn't make any sense. He's about to turn 30. He's undersized, generously listed as 5'9", and oft injured. His best hockey may very well be in the rearview mirror. And he has a NTC, 6.5M/yr., long-term contract. You would have to be convinced he's a foundational piece, as a mid-6 winger, to make him the second Grubauer cornerstone of the franchise. None of that fits with what Francis has done so far.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Gru isn’t good. He is one of the main weak links on this team.
It seems like Grub may be a much, much better goalie on a team that can really pad a lead (with a MacKinnon or Ovechkin). It was a good comeback, but I'm not convinced this team is built to win high-scoring games with regularity.

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I got up this morning thinking the Kraken were going to get shelled again and found it ended 5-4 OT There is some silver lining here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad