Post-Game Talk: Game 27 - B's send Habs to their 8th loss in a row - BRUINS 3 Poutineville 1 F

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Game was dead in the water till Bjork made that nice bounce pass and Pasta ripped it top cheese. After that they woke up and Claude's teams tend to fold in the end of games. Rask saved them the 1st two periods. Backes scored a nice one from Krech and Jake continues to heat up slowly with the screen on that one and his goal put the comeback to end for the turds.

Cliffy has played his 60 games, going be interesting when Miller and Moore come back.

I had to watch the game on my phone and it was at 29%. The Hydro power was out from an ice storm from 4pm till 6 am. I charged my phone in the car in between periods and had to watch the last 10 minutes in the car. I think I may be in for the Masterson, lol. I could not even get on here last night. My phone was at 3% at the end of the game. My house temp was 60 degrees when the power finally got back on.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Game was dead in the water till Bjork made that nice bounce pass and Pasta ripped it top cheese. After that they woke up and Claude's teams tend to fold in the end of games. Rask saved them the 1st two periods. Backes scored a nice one from Krech and Jake continues to heat up slowly with the screen on that one and his goal put the comeback to end for the turds.

Cliffy has played his 60 games, going be interesting when Miller and Moore come back.

I had to watch the game on my phone and it was at 29%. The Hydro power was out from an ice storm from 4pm till 6 am. I charged my phone in the car in between periods and had to watch the last 10 minutes in the car. I think I may be in for the Masterson, lol. I could not even get on here last night. My phone was at 3% at the end of the game. My house temp was 60 degrees when the power finally got back on.

Hang in there --- came home from a weekend away a few years ago to a 49 degree (farenheit) house. Not fun waiting for the repair man that day.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hang in there --- came home from a weekend away a few years ago to a 49 degree (farenheit) house. Not fun waiting for the repair man that day.

Thanks, everything is good now, it came on 14 hrs later, early this morning. Just sucked trying to find it online and getting all kinds of spam. Just watching the game on my phone was hard to see. No way I was missing a Habs/Bruins tilt. That temp you had at 49 must have been like being outside, at least the food was okay but the pipes could get close to freezing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-12-2_14-29-23.png

upload_2019-12-2_14-32-58.png

upload_2019-12-2_14-33-51.png

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They would want a draft pick too. Probably a second rounder. I would still do it. Gallagher is a PIA to play against.

Even Bergevin isn't that stupid. Probably not one
career NHL player in that group. Substitute Heinen
and Gryz instead of whats listed and then you have a chance to do a Gallagher deal.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't read French but something tells me they are saying bad things about the Habs and especially, Bergevin and Clode lol

They point out this is the longest losing streak for Montreal since 2003 ( not 1940 )

Google Translate
As for the Canadian, he increased to eight his sequence of games without a win. A drought that Montrealers have not experienced since their series of nine games without a win from February 18 to March 8, 2003. Never seen, so in almost 17 years.

Reactions: Zillah and lopey

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I can’t read French either but I bet they are complaining about the late penalty call on the Canadiens

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Does the Sports Hub talk about the Bruins at all? Bruins have won 7 games in a row and today all they have been talking about is the PATS lose and Kyrie Irving. Did I miss the minute they talked about the Bruins. Jeez

PS are they not the radio station for the Bruins?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Does the Sports Hub talk about the Bruins at all? Bruins have won 7 games in a row and today all they have been talking about is the PATS lose and Kyrie Irving. Did I miss the minute they talked about the Bruins. Jeez

re entry Monday if it's the afternoon drive of Felger & Mazz

aguineapig

Lucky you. I will be 67 soon and can't retire yet. I got stung after working at a company for 24 years . My retirement was tied up with their stock and when they went bankrupt I lost 300k. This was a long time ago and there are laws not but it did not help me.

Oh well.
I am so sorry for your situation. For all you younger ones please remember the 4 % rule. I never had a personal financial manager but for many years a gentleman named Bob Brinker had a radio program called Moneytalk. One of his rules was this, never have more than 4% in any one stock including company stock. Enron was the poster child for this. Your retirement could go up in smoke with one such event. Diversification is key, buy the Total Stock Market Fund from Vanguard or Fidelity unless you feel you are a stock picker (and few are).

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Less and less, more and more wrong when they do.

I enjoy the hockey show on Saturday mornings.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Lucky you. I will be 67 soon and can't retire yet. I got stung after working at a company for 24 years . My retirement was tied up with their stock and when they went bankrupt I lost 300k. This was a long time ago and there are laws not but it did not help me.

Oh well.

Very sorry to hear this ..wishing you good fortune and all the best in the future LF

Reactions: Ladyfan and Zillah

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The dumbest part about it is that even most Habs fans are fully admitting that it wasn’t a bad call.

Julien is clearly being an emotional little ***** about his **** team being what they are. It was embarrassing when he’d make his excuses when he worked for the Bruins and I’d be embarrassed about it if I was a Habs fans now.

Your franchise lost 8 games in a row for the first time in something like 80 years. And you’re on about the reffing? For **** sake, even people on message boards know better than to be such a baby.

I saw it as more calculated than emotional - an attempt to deflect attention and criticism away from his coaching and on to the reffing. But it was a bad one, both because it was so transparent and the call was clearly correct, so it just left Julien looking whiny and desperate.

Having said that I actually don't think he's coaching too badly and he clearly still has the support of the players. This isn't a Babcock situation, at least not yet, where the players have switched off and no longer want to work with their coach. But Julien's biggest weakness is probably that his plans are too predictable and too much same-old. He needs to see if he still has it in him to come up with something different and give it a try.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
They point out this is the longest losing streak for Montreal since 2003 ( not 1940 )

Google Translate
As for the Canadian, he increased to eight his sequence of games without a win. A drought that Montrealers have not experienced since their series of nine games without a win from February 18 to March 8, 2003. Never seen, so in almost 17 years.

i guess it's a matter of semantics. they've picked up points during this streak so people say
winless versus losing streak. but it's a legit losing streak since they haven't won a game.
the 'this hasn't happened in 80 years' appeals to me since i love seeing montreal in tatters.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yes and he was picked in the 5th round, so Boston could have easily had him anytime before that. I think he would be a good #2 RW on the Bruins, problem is I doubt Habs would trade him to the Bruins without an over payment.

Gallagher's on $4 mil this season so the money's not too bad and he's still only 27. I'd happily have him as a Bruin and I think with a little 're-tooling' to the Bruins culture and way of playing he could be a really useful player for us.

I'd give Montreal Moore, Frederic/Zboril and a draft pick, and offer Gallagher something like a 5x5 deal. Probably not enough to get it done, but it can't hurt to ask.

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Gallagher's on $4 mil this season so the money's not too bad and he's still only 27. I'd happily have him as a Bruin and I think with a little 're-tooling' to the Bruins culture and way of playing he could be a really useful player for us.

I'd give Montreal Moore, Frederic/Zboril and a draft pick, and offer Gallagher something like a 5x5 deal. Probably not enough to get it done, but it can't hurt to ask.
I would do that too, I think Habs would want someone like Zboril or Frederic as an add on, I think we would have to give up someone unfortunately like Heinen to get it done.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad