Post-Game Talk: Game 27 - B's send Habs to their 8th loss in a row - BRUINS 3 Poutineville 1 F

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yes and he was picked in the 5th round, so Boston could have easily had him anytime before that. I think he would be a good #2 RW on the Bruins, problem is I doubt Habs would trade him to the Bruins without an over payment.
On Montreal 690 radio they're saying that they need a LD and center. I HATE the idea of trading any of our kids to them but I wonder if there is something that can tempt them? Let's face it, Bergevin isn't the brightest bulb on the tree and can maybe be enticed. It's nice to think about, but that probably as far as it goes but (fantasy warning) wouldn't John Moore look good up there with Gallagher here?

Reactions: bbfan419

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Agree like the guy and the kind of game he plays or played, just not convinced he can consistently do it anymore.
me neither, not sure if his heart would be leaning towards heading back to St Louis when it`s time to hang em` up but he`s the exact type of guy who I think could be a very nice addition to the team in one capacity or another, maybe along the lines of the gig Chris Kelly has

Smart, articulate and appears has a ton of respect from his peers and others. I`m a massive believer in the paramount importance of Human Capital. Too often I have worked for companies who push aside those who were not accurately appreciated and respected who brought a ton to a place and while their position might have been filled, the overall value they brought wasn`t

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
On Montreal 690 radio they're saying that they need a LD and center. I HATE the idea of trading any of our kids to them but I wonder if there is something that can tempt them? Let's face it, Bergevin isn't the brightest bulb on the tree and can maybe be enticed. It's nice to think about, but that probably as far as it goes but (fantasy warning) wouldn't John Moore look good up there with Gallagher here?
I would offer Zboril + Frederic and maybe say Cehlarik, never know bargain bin Bergevin may accept it.

Reactions: Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Someone mentioned that if they replace Claude as coach, the new coach would have to be French. Reminded me of the years Dryden was the Canadiens' goalie. Best goalie in the league and he was never accepted by their fans because he wasn't French.
Continue losing Montreal.
Funny thing is the Bruins drafted Dryden, little known fact. Can you imagine if we kept him. Not that the Bruins were hurting in net with Cheevers but it would have prevented them from being as good as they were.

I think that is why Claude was not worried, he probably already had an offer to go to the Habs before he even walked out of Boston after being canned. They are limited with coaching possibilities because they need a Francophone.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Funny thing is the Bruins drafted Dryden, little known fact. Can you imagine if we kept him. Not that the Bruins were hurting in net with Cheevers but it would have prevented them from being as good as they were.

I think that is why Claude was not worried, he probably already had an offer to go to the Habs before he even walked out of Boston after being canned. They are limited with coaching possibilities because they need a Francophone.
Bernie Parent too! Imagine a tandem of Cheevers and Dryden and/or Parent? If they kept either when Cheevers left for the WHA/Cleveland Barons he never would've been able to displace Dryden and come back. IIRC Ross Brooks was his replacement for the B's for a while. BTW, Ken Dryden's book is a must read!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mission ImPastable

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I am at work. My hope is that I can get up the driveway when I get home. It has been plowed but if it freezes over it is bad.

I am looking forward to the day I can retire and sit and drink tea and watch it snow without having to go to work .
i called it a career last summer at 54. could have gone longer but decided to have a little less and enjoy time with my family.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
i called it a career last summer at 54. could have gone longer but decided to have a little less and enjoy time with my family.
Lucky you. I will be 67 soon and can't retire yet. I got stung after working at a company for 24 years . My retirement was tied up with their stock and when they went bankrupt I lost 300k. This was a long time ago and there are laws not but it did not help me.

Oh well.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There's a lot to be said for that. Unfortunately these days it takes so much to pay off the CC's and bills etc. We're owned by our possessions these days.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Lucky you. I will be 67 soon and can't retire yet. I got stung after working at a company for 24 years . My retirement was tied up with their stock and when they went bankrupt I lost 300k. This was a long time ago and there are laws not but it did not help me.

Oh well.
That happened to so many people that I know at Polaroid. Terrible. My buddy got "traded" from Xerox to some Indian company last summer and now after 37 years at Xerox and a year at the new company, a year before he was to retire he was laid off. They gave him a date in January but won't confirm it hoping that he'll leave and foregos whatever they owe him. He won't leave no matter until he gets his "package."

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Just some thoughts-

I watched the Habs game last Tuesday night at a bar so I didn't get to actually take in the game as where I would watching at home.

But last nights game, IMO, was ELECTRIC. Physical, fast and players were pissed off at each other.

And I tribute that to a familiarity with the two teams since they had played five days prior. Further proving the point more divisional games help make a more entertaining product.

I coudn't turn away from this one.

Reactions: Bergyesque and BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Listening to Habs lunch with Nilan....God, he's awful.

I hated him with a passion when he was a Hab..... despised him as a Bruin.

Might detest him even more as a radio guy --- I know he's on a Montreal station, but he talks about the Bruins like he never played for them -- like Milbury never gave his sorry a** a mercy contract when he sucked at every facet of the game, including fighting.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You already know what the guy has gone thru with his intestine thing and other maladies. I think it's hard to appreciate how it screws everything up. You don't digest same energy, the core needs way more time to heal. If Backes can actually be healthy (the big if) he does have quality hands and pretty good positional play. He could be big guy in front of the net..Ideally of course...
That shot wasn't a fluke..let his renisanaance begin!

Backes 4 Life!

I've always thought his colon issue & subsequent surgery took a lot more out of him than the injuries (concussions, that 20 stitch cut on his leg) did. Hopefully he finally is 100% healed from that, he certainly looked like he had plenty of energy last night. There's not a thing wrong with his hockey IQ or his hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad