GDT: Game #27 • "Face/Off" • Coyotes @ Oilers • Dec 7 2022 • 7:30 PM • SN1/CHED

Your current Oilers mood?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Holloway looked really good last game, surprised they're not elevating him in the lineup with all the injuries

Reactions: fresh meat

TheMustardTiger

Owner of the Dirty Burger
May 4, 2016
I dont think the team can trust him at the moment. If Campbell starts this game and plays poorly and the Oilers lose - its a pretty big talking point.
After how our team played in front of Skinner last game I totally agree. But there are only so many games against the bottom feeder teams and ideally those are the games you would want Soupy starting to build up his confidence.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I've liked Broberg's gap control and defensive positioning, from what I've seen. I want to see him in more defensive situations, especially ahead of Barrie.

They play opposite sides and pairs with Bouchard so you have to alter pairings drastically for that to happen or put Bouchard out in D zone face-offs more often and/or paired with top line and not sure we want that to happen.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They play opposite sides and pairs with Bouchard so you have to alter pairings drastically for that to happen or put Bouchard out in D zone face-offs more often and/or paired with top line and not sure we want that to happen.
I mean in situations like the PK and defensive zone starts. Broberg can play both sides, as I understand.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean in situations like the PK and defensive zone starts. Broberg can play both sides, as I understand.

But Barrie cant so you'd be running 2 LD and 4 RD. IIRC Broberg had some PK time last game so he is starting to get PK ice time. I do agree he seems to be finding his way on the bottom pair right now. Best to let him ease in I think. Let his game grow. But I get your point.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
But Barrie cant so you'd be running 2 LD and 4 RD. IIRC Broberg had some PK time last game so he is starting to get PK ice time. I do agree he seems to be finding his way on the bottom pair right now. Best to let him ease in I think. Let his game grow. But I get your point.
I guess, it's not a growth year for the team. So you have to see if he can contribute now or not.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I dont think the team can trust him at the moment. If Campbell starts this game and plays poorly and the Oilers lose - its a pretty big talking point.
That's pretty well it. Crazy to see that we have a $5million AHL back up

Last edited:

TheMustardTiger

Owner of the Dirty Burger
May 4, 2016
We can't afford to not ice our best goalie when we're barely over .500, every game is important. If it makes Campbell and Holland look bad, so be it.
I agree but I don't want to see Skinner getting burnt out as well, then we would be in serious trouble.

If it wasn't for the teams last performance, this game would have been the perfect game to give Skinner a break and give Campbell a shot. After this game we have 2 against MIN followed by the next day against NSH and then STL. None of those games are ideal to start Campbell in. I hope Skinner has a strong constitution because if we can't afford to start our "Backup" against the bottom feeder teams he is going to be playing a lot and if we do make the playoffs I hope he doesn't get burnt out like what happened to Markstrom.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
When the f*** is Foegele back?
Screenshot_20221207-105843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They’re definitely starting Campbell in at least one of the guaranteed loss Minny games. It’s a throw away game anyways regardless of who is starting lol.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Campbell has got to play eventually and against the Yotes is the best chance to to gain confidence

burning Skinner out is less than ideal

Time isn't now. Maybe we can give Campbell pity starts when Kane is back, which hopefully might be sooner than expected. Right now we need to do everything possible to get out to Christmas alive in a playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad