GDT: Game 26: Vous pouvez prendre Trestman avec vous de retour à Montréal 7:30 p.m. (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
But Q cannot be happy with the fact we have given up 81 shots on our goalies the past 2 games...that cannot be allowed to continue.

Well yes, and no. The quality shots against weren't that high but we did play end-to-end free wheeling hockey for a time in both games, that Q will hate. Personally, I like it (provided we continue to keep those quality scoring chances down). It's not only entertaining to watch, but I reckon the Hawks talent should usually prevail. Lately, the team is coming close to resembling our 2010 edition. Price prevented a potential blow-out last night.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Subban comment after the game

"I'm not going to comment on the officiating tonight"...what?

I counted 2 joke Hawk penalties and Montreal's were all earned. I did miss the first 6mins of the 2nd though.

What is with teams making comments about the officiating when they play against us? Does he not remember Kane's joke of a penalty? Annoying. And I like Subban.

Unless this was taken out of context or something.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
What is with teams making comments about the officiating when they play against us? Does he not remember Kane's joke of a penalty? Annoying. And I like Subban.

Unless this was taken out of context or something.

The Habs (not to mention their fans) *constantly* complain about the reffing. It's just how they are. The officiating was not bad last night.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Well yes, and no. The quality shots against weren't that high but we did play end-to-end free wheeling hockey for a time in both games, that Q will hate. Personally, I like it (provided we continue to keep those quality scoring chances down). It's not only entertaining to watch, but I reckon the Hawks talent should usually prevail. Lately, the team is coming close to resembling our 2010 edition. Price prevented a potential blow-out last night.

Yea, any team that wants to trade chances with us is most likely leaving the rink with a loss.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Neither Darling or Raanta have played enough to say who is better. Their sv% is high, but the sample size is very small. And new goalies entering the league initially have very good numbers but soon normalize after proper scouting reports are made of them.

Can't we just like both of them and be really excited about what Jimmy Waite is doing with coaching all of our goalies right now?

Seems to me in this admittedly limited sample that Raanta is getting a lot better coaching in his off days than he got last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad