GDT: Game 26: Vous pouvez prendre Trestman avec vous de retour à Montréal 7:30 p.m. (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

"You have a good, lively game of football up here," Halas said after the game. "Just what the Canadians have been telling me for years now. I've only seen movies before. That extra player sure comes in handy sometimes."

================================================

PROJECTED LINEUPS

:hawks

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Versteeg - Richards - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Carcillo
Nordstrom - Kruger - Smith

Keith - Seabrook
Hjalmarsson - Oduya
Dahlbeck - Rozsival/Rundblad

Raanta
Darling

:habs

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Paranteau
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Sekac
Tangradi - Malhotra - Weise

Markov-Subban
Emelin- Gonchar
Allen-Gilbert

Price
Tokarski

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

member 151739

I don't actually speak French so I hope that google translate phrase actually makes sense

You can take with you Trestman back in Montreal = reverse translation with Google.

So I don't know. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
You know what they call a Stanley Cup parade in Montreal? A royale with cheese.

And nice one, HGF!

---

Vous savez ce qu'ils appellent un royale with cheese à Montréal? Un Stanley Cup parade.

Et une belle, HGF!

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Habs fan in Chicago for tonight's game. I'll be wearing my usual #4 Habs jersey at the United Center, which will be especially poignant this week. Hoping for a better game than our last matchup!

BTW - watched the Bears game downtown at Ditkas. It was cool seeing Mike work the crowd, not so cool watching the Bears' fall apart.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You know what they call a Stanley Cup parade in Montreal? A royale with cheese.

And nice one, HGF!

---

Vous savez ce qu'ils appellent un royale with cheese à Montréal? Un Stanley Cup parade.

Et une belle, HGF!

Jean Beliveau made very few comments that were taken badly, but back in 1971 he was asked how it felt to win the Stanley Cup. He responded with, "It's always nice to win the Cup", which struck some people as sounding rather spoiled. Beliveau apologized and explained his english wasn't good enough to come up with better words at the moment. I guess after 10 Cups, he'd used up his limited vocabulary.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The more I see him play, the more I'm convinced that Price is the best goalie in hockey. Hawks will need to go to the dirty areas to beat him.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Whichever way tonight goes it needs to go that way in a hurry. I am much more worried about tomorrow night's game. Mainly because I will be there. :D

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I always love playing the Habs. Hopefully it'll be a fun game. We've had a couple of snoozers with them over the last few seasons.

Et bon travail, HGF!

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Looks like Dahlbeck won't play in this one after all. Could get ice time tomorrow.

Containing the speedy Habs will be a challenge for our bottom pair of dmen.

This is a game where I would expect that 2nd line to excel. Watch out for Emelin though, he puts players out on a regular basis (Sharp included).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And Has speed won't be a problem for Seabrook too? To counter that speed Hawks forwards must skate hard and support our D with good.back-checking and coverage positions. ..but better to just possess the puck.in the o-zone....cycle it east-west and force Has to get tired and make mistakes. ...actually Price is no wall compared to several oalie who seem to play above and beyonder against us in the WC..If we come and play our A game we could make Price get yanked.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Stupid french people. Learn to speak English, you jerks!

I wish I could speak french...

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
If you guys aren't happy with Trestman, we'll gladly take him back to MTL.

''Nous allons ramener Trestman à Montréal avec plaisir.''

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So for some reason the picture and sound for Comcast SportsNet is not synced correctly for me right now. Anyone else having this issue on their feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad