GDT: Game 26: Vous pouvez prendre Trestman avec vous de retour à Montréal 7:30 p.m. (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I dont know where to put this but I'm getting excited about our playoff lineup.

Bickell Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Sharp Shaw Saad
Nordstrom Kruger Smith

Teravainen ready to draw in with any injury. Lines 1/4 play top lines, 2/3 omg they will just dominate vs bottom lines.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This win has pushed us past the Blues in the standings (1 more point with both teams playing the same number of games). Hopefully we can gain ground on Nashville tomorrow.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
On pace for 110 points. Teams are going to start falling off, especially out West. There are essentially 6 teams in the West on pace for 110+. Torrid pace that won't and can't be sustained.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Say what you want about Raanta flopping around and looking unorthodox at times but these last 2 games he is 2-0 and stopped 78 of 82 shots (.951%). His save precentage on the year is .945. He gets out of position after saves and sometimes gives up juicy rebounds but he is getting away with it. That save percentage is nothing to laugh at.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks apparently have all three goaltenders (Crow, Raanta, Darling) in the top 10 for save percentage.

Beat that every other team!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Raanta - 'I owe seabs a lot of beers after the season. He's cleared out a lot of pucks for me'.

Hard not to like this guy. Seems like he genuinely likes being on this team, so I hope we can keep him long term and work him into more starts going forward. Corey will need the rest before the playoffs.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Raanta - 'I owe seabs a lot of beers after the season. He's cleared out a lot of pucks for me'.

Hard not to like this guy. Seems like he genuinely likes being on this team, so I hope we can keep him long term and work him into more starts going forward. Corey will need the rest before the playoffs.

Absolutely 100% agreed. He's making key saves in big moments as well. Raanta is playing the 2013 Ray Emery role right now and it's coming at the perfect time. Big test for him tomorrow against Nashville.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Absolutely 100% agreed. He's making key saves in big moments as well. Raanta is playing the 2013 Ray Emery role right now and it's coming at the perfect time. Big test for him tomorrow against Nashville.

Has Q already said who's starting against NSH? I would expect Darling.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Can't blame him. It's one thing to bench a kid after every game he doesn't show up but when it's over 2 + games in a row plus he can't be sent back down then it's just hindering his development. I hope we can a decent pick back.

Nothingman*

Anyone Read the highlights names on NHL Blackhawks page? WTF.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Say what you want about Raanta flopping around and looking unorthodox at times but these last 2 games he is 2-0 and stopped 78 of 82 shots (.951%). His save precentage on the year is .945. He gets out of position after saves and sometimes gives up juicy rebounds but he is getting away with it. That save percentage is nothing to laugh at.

For how long? Get Darling in there tonight, please.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Subban comment after the game

"I'm not going to comment on the officiating tonight"...what?

I counted 2 joke Hawk penalties and Montreal's were all earned. I did miss the first 6mins of the 2nd though.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Subban comment after the game

"I'm not going to comment on the officiating tonight"...what?

I counted 2 joke Hawk penalties and Montreal's were all earned. I did miss the first 6mins of the 2nd though.

Habs (and Hab fans) are always expecting an edge in officiating and whine, usually loudly, when they don't get it. It's been going on forever.

The calls against Hossa and Kane last night were awful. And when Kane gets high sticked in the mouth, drawing blood, the Mtl supporters (in the TSN booth, no less) try to say there was no contact. Subban did some crying to the official when his stick was slashed from his hand. It certainly was not violent but it has been (wrongly, imo) called in the past.

Truth is, the Habs are an average team being carried by Price.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
For how long? Get Darling in there tonight, please.

I hear ya, but that save percentage is hard to ignore in spite of how he looks sometimes.

Darling may end up being the next Pirri/Morin in terms of people expecting him to be the next great thing. I like what I saw from him (except his last game that 5 hole...) and want to see more for sure. I am trying to keep expectations lower for him.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I hear ya, but that save percentage is hard to ignore in spite of how he looks sometimes.

Darling may end up being the next Pirri/Morin in terms of people expecting him to be the next great thing. I like what I saw from him (except his last game that 5 hole...) and want to see more for sure. I am trying to keep expectations lower for him.

Raanta is athletic but he needs to be cause he plays small. I reckon at least 2 of the 3 goals would have hit Darling without him even moving and even if he didn't see the shots (which he would have. There was no screen on any of the Hab goals).

As for Darling's 5-hole: If he has shown a weakness, that is it, but I don't think it is as bad as some may think. His size is a BIG strength.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Neither Darling or Raanta have played enough to say who is better. Their sv% is high, but the sample size is very small. And new goalies entering the league initially have very good numbers but soon normalize after proper scouting reports are made of them.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But Q cannot be happy with the fact we have given up 81 shots on our goalies the past 2 games...that cannot be allowed to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad