Pre-Game Talk: Game 26 - THE BEAR visits the burgh - 3/15 7:07 PM - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yeah, I'm not quite ready to pack it in this season.

Lot's of hockey left to be played.

The arrow is trending down as of right now, but they have an opportunity to figure it out due to banking so many points early in the season. Good thing they took care of business in overtime and shootouts out of the gate as it bought them some much needed margin for error.

They have some winnable games with 2 against NJ and 3 against Buffalo over the next 10 games.
Can they right the ship and go 7-3 over that stretch?

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.39.45 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 3.44.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 3.44.08 PM.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 3

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I knew we would get to see the kids play in March with the game fatigue and possible injury minefield it would be. But I did NOT expect to be down to playing a waiver wire defenseman like Tinordi and possibly seeing Ahcan already. Crazy.

To be fair though, Tinordi has been pretty ok all things considered. The issue isn't with the defense, which is super banged up but still barely holding it together. They have ZERO creativity on offense and nothing works unless it's the top line, which unfortunately needs to be split up at this point to spark the rest of the lines.

Reactions: KWbruin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah, I'm not quite ready to pack it in this season.

Lot's of hockey left to be played.

The arrow is trending down as of right now, but they have an opportunity to figure it out due to banking so many points early in the season. Good thing they took care of business in overtime and shootouts out of the gate as it bought them some much needed margin for error.

They have some winnable games with 2 against NJ and 3 against Buffalo over the next 10 games.
Can they right the ship and go 7-3 over that stretch?

View attachment 407656

They just as easily could go 3-7 over that same period. That’s how Jekyll/Hyde this club is. You don’t know what you’re going to get.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They just as easily could go 3-7 over that same period. That’s how Jekyll/Hyde this club is. You don’t know what you’re going to get.
Agreed.

Whatever the results, I hope they're either really good or really bad.

What I don't want is for them to hover around the 4 seed and potentially waste assets for a DNQ or first round exit.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
To be fair though, Tinordi has been pretty ok all things considered. The issue isn't with the defense, which is super banged up but still barely holding it together. They have ZERO creativity on offense and nothing works unless it's the top line, which unfortunately needs to be split up at this point to spark the rest of the lines.

Great idea but we all know Cassidy will never permanently break up that line. What veterans were to Clode, 63-37-88 is to Cassidy: his binky.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

And that is what is so frustrating. They'll have a game where they look like defending Stanley Cup champions and then they'll have a game when they look like they're an ECHL franchise. It is that bad.

Reactions: JOKER 192

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
And that is what is so frustrating. They'll have a game where they look like defending Stanley Cup champions and then they'll have a game when they look like they're an ECHL franchise. It is that bad.
all teams go through that, independent of location.... that includes Providence, this isn't easy on those prospects when you traditionally are in one city and now have to pivot to another.... you just don't know if it's the players, the system, or the coaching, whether that's Leach or Cassidy... some need to temper the expectations sometimes because some markets are more demanding of what the expectations are.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Just what the Bruins need a game with the Pens, they always do well against them, the complete opposite of the Islanders now.

I predict a Bruins win, cause they probably had a "stern" talking to by Cassidy.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Usually when they come back that fast, it's due to a false positive. They just need to have a couple of negative results in subsequent tests and then they can return.
I see, well I’m glad that’s the case. That’s the last thing this team needs right now.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

My point was not on skill or playing ability. It's that we would be so battered on the back end as to need to use a waiver wire D and dig down enough to call up Ahcan.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Lol. Sitting Studnicka and Vaakanainen to insert bums. Good move. Would have preferred Steen and Ahcan.
I wonder if upper management wanted to see these forward lines. They seem like lines we all guessed we would see in the offseason. Best players on paper filling out the roster.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Disappointed Ahcan isn't getting a look but hopefully he will at some point on the road trip. Also not a fan of Bjork, Kuraly and Kuhlman in over Studnicka.

Also is it just me or has Clifton been terrible lately? Feel like every time he gets the puck the past few games he mishandles it or fails to get a clean exit and gets stuck in the defensive zone. I'd have taken him out before Vaakanainen, even if he is on his off side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad