GDT: Game 26: Red Wings vs sens 7:00 pm et 12/9/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
He went after the wrong guy
I have to comment this one more time...

Larkin is going to watch this tape tomorrow or the next day...

I want you to ask your self which of the two responses he is going to give to Perron and his team, yes HIS team.

1) Thank you man, thank you for going to battle for me... love you dude..

or

2) That was uncalled for, he wasn't the guy that hit me and you hit the wrong dude and you cost us the game....

just take a guess at which one and which one galvanizes a team.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
well if you blame that loss on Perron who stood up for Larkin over Lyon who was swimming through the net all night.... dont blame you
I don't think many are blaming the loss on Perron. They are just calling him out because he is an idiot. You can defend him going after the wrong guy all you want, and point to the rivalry between the Wings and the Avs in the 90's. It didn't happen like this. Those were fights, and only the real culprit, Lemieux got the suckerpunches. If you want to draw lines to what happened in the 90's, Perron is Lemieux.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
what!!!! lol... Zub finished the freaking game... Drapers jaw was buried head first and his jaw was wired shut. He isn't an idiot, and all the ones saying kelly's hand cocked Larkin across the jaw because he moved can say the same about Perron, he went to cross check him, hit his shoulder first and it went up.

If you think Perron is an idiot for protecting our captain that an absolute Joke, plain and simple

Those weren't fights in 96.... Lemieux hit draper from behind, Lemieux Suckered Kozlov blind side, McCarty cold cocked Lemieux, and fight night at the joe started with a sucker from Forsberg, while Larionov was on the ice, 75% of those battles were retaliation, not "figure it out and fight the right guy"

If your defending Lemieux as the only one who got suckered in that entire thing lol that's a real bad take

Im just asking, are you saying that with our captain out cold on the ice, we have the responsibility to investigate and ask questions and give them the benefit of the doubt... not respond?

your brillant take was our Captain is out cold on the ice and the two people you should be mad at are Perron and Yzerman, lol.... Yzerman played half his career with Probert on his wing who did a million times worse then Perron and I guarantee you that he loves and misses Proby because he protected him and never asked questions..

Last edited:
Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
what!!!! lol... Zub finished the freaking game... Drapers jaw was buried head first and his jaw was wired shut. He isn't an idiot, and all the ones saying kelly's hand cocked Larkin across the jaw because he moved can say the same about Perron, he went to cross check him, hit his shoulder first and it went up.

If you think Perron is an idiot for protecting our captain that an absolute Joke, plain and simple

Those weren't fights in 96.... Lemieux hit draper from behind, Lemieux Suckered Kozlov blind side, McCarty cold cocked Lemieux, and fight night at the joe started with a sucker from Forsberg, while Larionov was on the ice, 75% of those battles were retaliation, not "figure it out and fight the right guy"

If your defending Lemieux as the only one who got suckered in that entire thing lol that's a real bad take

Im just asking, are you saying that with our captain out cold on the ice, we have the responsibility to investigate and ask questions and give them the benefit of the doubt... not respond?

your brillant take was our Captain is out cold on the ice and the two people you should be mad at are Perron and Yzerman, lol.... Yzerman played half his career with Probert on his wing that did a million times worse then Perron and I guarantee you that he loves and misses Proby because he protected him and never asked questions..
Perron's intent to injure is the same. He intended to injure an innocent bystander who was calling out to trainers for help. Perron didn't protect shit.

How on earth do you get that I defend Lemieux from what I wrote when I am comparing him to Perron?

Reactions: rbartnik

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
"Lemieux got the suckerpunches"

that's how...

and you compared Draper with a jaw wired shut and Suckering Kozlov blindside to the back of the head to Perron and said they were the same thing lol.

Perron could get 5 games and I would still say he did the right thing, he should get 2 just like Matthews, and we shall see.

I am just laughing at the fact that you said to blame Yzerman, who will probably buy Perron a beer and say you have a career here. Like I said Yzermans career was lined with Proby, and it wasn't because of his skill.

go watch the slow mo again... what does perron hit first, the shoulder or the head, if that cross check is an inch lower its a nothing story, its that simple. I honestly just want to hear more bout how Lemieux was the one who got the suckers and Yzerman should be blamed.... please go on.

and ill say this one last time... its a hockey game... there is NO SUCH THING AS AN INNOCENT BY STANDER, this isn't the corner from the Ice Cream shop... its a f***ing hockey game.... its pretty much the worst take possible when it comes to hockey... its 5 man units... live and die as a team... its not by standers,

Last edited:
Reactions: stillwater

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

your brillant take was our Captain is out cold on the ice and the two people you should be mad at are Perron and Yzerman, lol.... Yzerman played half his career with Probert on his wing who did a million times worse then Perron and I guarantee you that he loves and misses Proby because he protected him and never asked questions..
This isn’t the 80s/90s where the Red Wings roster had those that could score goals and punch faces…If this current roster tried to act tough - chances are they’d embarrass themselves and likely have a few more heading off to the locker room due to injury.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
This isn’t the 80s/90s where the Red Wings roster had those that could score goals and punch faces…If this current roster tried to act tough - chances are they’d embarrass themselves and likely have a few more heading off to the locker room due to injury.
oh ill agree there.... makes less sense why Kostin isnt in the line up but Petry is... but doesn't change the fact that the #1 rule in hockey is never f*** with our captain and you protect him at all costs and Honestly 4th liners going to the locker room for trying to fight and losing hurts a lot less then losing our leading scorer and captain. soooooo if i had the choice between leading scorer and captain out, or 4th liners out for defending our captain and losing a fight, think the answer is obvious

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Im just honestly lost at the fact that our Captain, was out cold on the ice, and half the responses are Perron messed up.... man this fan based has fallen so far. We celebrate McCarty and shit on Perron, no thanks... we need more Perrons
I think that is due to the fact that everyone agrees on the cheapshot from Joseph, and probably wishes that it was Joseph Perron crosschecked to the head.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Im just honestly lost at the fact that our Captain, was out cold on the ice, and half the responses are Perron messed up.... man this fan based has fallen so far. We celebrate McCarty and shit on Perron, no thanks... we need more Perrons
I find this bizarre as well. Once again Larkin is injured by a dirty play. Once again the Wings are disproportionately penalized for it. And everyone on the forum seems to be just bitching about Perron.

Thanks, Perron, for standing up for us!

mikerooooose

Nov 7, 2009
Michigan
Well if I was Zub I would have been pissed to be cross checked in the face for literally doing nothing. Haha

Someone should have went at Joseph later in the game.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nooo...

your captain is out cold... you battle for you captain...

watch tape, issues apologies and ask questions later....

lose 1 game to set a statement of you touch our captain like that again were going to make sure your life will be miserable... that simple...

Perron is the first Star in my eyes.... that resonates in a locker room and pulls a team together, and they will battle like hell for Perron and Larkin

You can physically make them pay without being dirty. Perron failed, as what he did was worse than what Joseph did. Stand up for teammates, but don't be a dirty douche about it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

This was nowhere close to the Draper thing and I am pissed off about this Joseph thing, but they aren't even in the same stratosphere.

oh ill agree there.... makes less sense why Kostin isnt in the line up but Petry is... but doesn't change the fact that the #1 rule in hockey is never f*** with our captain and you protect him at all costs and Honestly 4th liners going to the locker room for trying to fight and losing hurts a lot less then losing our leading scorer and captain. soooooo if i had the choice between leading scorer and captain out, or 4th liners out for defending our captain and losing a fight, think the answer is obvious

You don't attack players that were actually concerned about their opponent captain or not. Zub was checking on Larkin and then got attacked.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I understand that emotions may still be high. And most important is hoping that Larkin will be ok.

But with regards to the rest of the roster, I hope that in time focus shifts away from taking an eye for an eye, and towards much better play on the ice. My second biggest concern with that game (after Larkin's health) is that Detroit continued to play like Ottawa's bitch, even after what should have been an enormous rallying point.

I'm not saying they should have won, being that short handed. I'm saying that to show such poor EFFORT, even after your captain gets taken out in that fashion, was disgusting. Before the puck was even dropped, this game was supposed to be a gut check, and they came away virtually gutless.

Oct 18, 2006
I understand that emotions may still be high. And most important is hoping that Larkin will be ok.

But with regards to the rest of the roster, I hope that in time focus shifts away from taking an eye for an eye, and towards much better play on the ice. My second biggest concern with that game (after Larkin's health) is that Detroit continued to play like Ottawa's bitch, even after what should have been an enormous rallying point.

I'm not saying they should have won, being that short handed. I'm saying that to show such poor EFFORT, even after your captain gets taken out in that fashion, was disgusting. Before the puck was even dropped, this game was supposed to be a gut check, and they came away virtually gutless.
Their goalie stood on his head. We generated a ton of quality scoring chances. Hard to believe people could question the effort. Plus 9 forwards, very difficult.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Their goalie stood on his head. We generated a ton of quality scoring chances. Hard to believe people could question the effort. Plus 9 forwards, very difficult.
As somebody posted earlier, Ottawa won about 90 percent of the board battles. Detroit continues to be downright sloppy defensively, and had long stretches of playing with fire before multiple Senators goals.

Over a dozen instances of weak attempts to clear the defensive zone, often followed by taking dumb penalties, looked like a roster at the end of a back to back more than a team fighting for their captain.

rbartnik

Mar 9, 2019
the play reminds me or when Bertuzzi sucker punched Moore. The difference is the refs did their job in that game.
I'd say Perron's response was more like it. Completely inexcusable. Hope he sits for a while.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Well that embarrassment will serve as 1 of 2 things... a catalyst to a great final 55 games and playoff spot, or, the unraveling and march towards another failed season.

Reactions: DamonDRW

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Idk if anyone else was their live but it was a much scarier scene than what was represented on the broadcast. We were worried for Larkins life, the building was dead silent for a long long time. I don’t blame Perron one bit

Missing our top two centers, 9 forwards total, and could have easily won the game if Lyon stops a beachball while Korpi shut the door

Idk what y’all expect. We were running Veleno-Fischer-Copp as our centers for basically an entire game and our goalies got outplayed, of course we’re going to lose

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Goals 2 and 3 for the Sens were really weak as well. Kubalik shouldn't be scoring on you when the pass is all the away across, Kubalik was on the top of the circle and beat Lyon low. Then that Tarasenko goal was just garbage soft as well.

Wings also still just absolutely beat themselves with terrible play at the blue line.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Any insider updates on Larkin? He's moving around so that's good....assuming hospital and monitoring?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad